The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-06-2020, 03:47 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

So did Karai win in IDW's "City at War" arc?

So IDW's version of City at War ended with issue 100. Now that we're a few issues afterward, I can't help but feel Karai, "won."

- Karai took control of the Foot Clan again and became its leader usurping Splinter just like she wanted.

- All the new Foot recruits Splinter had trained are now part of her Foot army. And the ones that didn't change sides were killed.

- Splinter is dead, just like she wanted

- Kitsune is out of the picture, at least for now, and raising the dragon didn't cause Hell on NYC.

- Oroku Saki is back to life although we have no idea yet if he and Karai have met in the 6 months timeskip

- Ocho is dead, so him turning on her has no threat to her anymore.

- Bishop is dead, and while they never interacted, I think Bishop would have surely went after the Foot and her mutants after a while.

- She sends Koya and her enforcers to mutant town to get new mutants from Old Hob for her army

- The Turtles, at least for now, are depressed and scattered over the last 6 months and don't seem to be an issue for her anymore. Even Jennika who she nearly killed, doesn't seem to want to get her revenge on her for indirectly causing her to become a mutant.

The only thing Karai didn't get were the kid orphans she wanted to raise to new Foot recruits as they escaped to Dimension X, but besides that, Karai got everything she wanted. Splinter is dead, the Turtles are at their lowest point, she took over the Foot Clan just like she wanted, she has mutant enforcers, and for the most part nobody seems to be going against her.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:54 PM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Yeah, she pretty much did.

She gained power, she didn't lose face, several threats such as Bishop or Ocho were eliminated, and she lost her only rival.

B!tch came out a winner here.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:57 PM   #3
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

yeah she pretty much did. question is how many foot are left. she also lost her sword so that's one piece of power gone. the fact that she's going to hob to get recruits most likely also means recruitment is low.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:11 PM   #4
ChosenOne
Banned

She totally did. And I still wish we could see the clean-up effort it took the city to get rid of that dead dragon.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:31 PM   #5
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
She totally did. And I still wish we could see the clean-up effort it took the city to get rid of that dead dragon.
I can already see it now. Dragon in a can. Mm mm good.
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:35 PM   #6
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
I can already see it now. Dragon in a can. Mm mm good.
That would certainly go a long way to solving the food shortage in Mutant Town... I bet Stockman just had a horde of Mousers chomp down on the thing.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:07 AM   #7
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

I thought Shredder was technically in charge of the Foot now?

Anyway, no, she didn't capture the kids, therefore she lost. Her whole point in engaging a war with Splinter was either training the kids to be Foot soldiers or killing them, and she failed. There was literally no other reason they were fighting as far as Karai and Splinter were concerned. Splinter wanted to give Karai control of the Foot, he was done with it. He just wasn't going to let her murder a bunch of orphans. She failed in doing the one thing that Splinter and the Turtles objected to, therefore she failed overall in my book. Did she come out well in it all? Sure I suppose, though she I hope realized that she had been manipulated into the whole bloody endeavor.

Who won the war? Easy, Kitsune. She got her boyfriend back, with no negative consequences for her!

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 09-02-2020 at 08:20 AM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 10:15 AM   #8
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
I thought Shredder was technically in charge of the Foot now?
I don't think Saki will want anything to do with (leading) the Foot ever again. He's seen where that road leads, both for himself and for Yoshi, even despite the latter's nobler intentions. Plus, it's kinda hard to run a ninja clan when you're all the way out in the middle of snow-covered nowhere looking after its rival clan (and hopefully retrieving their runaway pet cat).

Quote:
Who won the war? Easy, Kitsune. She got her boyfriend back, with no negative consequences for her!
You bring up a very good point regarding Karai, but Kitsune didn't win per se. She already had her boyfriend before this whole mess where she kind of let him die on purpose. The whole point for her was to bring him back to life with her father's power. Something she very much did not accomplish.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:27 AM   #9
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don't think Saki will want anything to do with (leading) the Foot ever again. He's seen where that road leads, both for himself and for Yoshi, even despite the latter's nobler intentions. Plus, it's kinda hard to run a ninja clan when you're all the way out in the middle of snow-covered nowhere looking after its rival clan (and hopefully retrieving their runaway pet cat).

You bring up a very good point regarding Karai, but Kitsune didn't win per se. She already had her boyfriend before this whole mess where she kind of let him die on purpose. The whole point for her was to bring him back to life with her father's power. Something she very much did not accomplish.
I suppose, I'm just a little annoyed that the person who engineered something that killed, what, hundreds of people seems to get off with no consequences. One of the few things in the arc that genuinely bugged me, liked it a lot otherwise.

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 09-02-2020 at 08:22 AM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 10:38 AM   #10
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I suppose, I’m just a little annoyed that the person who engineered something that killed, what, hundreds of people seems to get off with no consequences. One of the few things in the arc that genuinely bugged me, liked it a lot otherwise.
We'll likely see some follow-up on that in the Annual. While the aftermath of #50 was pretty much glossed over in a few panels, this is an occasion where the same thing definitely shouldn't happen. I very much want to see how Karai and Kitsune talked their way into, at the very least, coexisting with the Turtles after everything that went down. Even just a conversation between Jennika and Karai would already go a long way. Can't wait to find out more.
Old 03-07-2020, 01:23 PM   #11
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So does Shredder lose sense of purpose now that Yoshi is dead and he had nothing to do with it?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 02:47 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nobody knows yet, Shredder hasn't really appeared post issue 100 yet.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 03:23 PM   #13
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
So does Shredder lose sense of purpose now that Yoshi is dead and he had nothing to do with it?
It's possible that finding a new purpose in life is his arc now.
Old 03-07-2020, 03:47 PM   #14
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
It's possible that finding a new purpose in life is his arc now.
This is Oroku Saki's new direction. Losing the Gauntlet challenge changed him and the primary role he has served is as a personal rival to Splinter especially if Splinter is Hamto Yoshi and master of The Foot Clan. This humility is new for the character and an interesting concept to explore and can add more than the two above definitions to who Oroku Saki is.