The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-27-2020, 07:02 AM   #21
Jazzfox
Thug

Well, if the April releases are still showing, we have Jennika 3 coming on April 15th and TMNT 105 on 29th April, so, at very least we can get the conclusions of these chapters/stories before everything winds down for a while at least in digital?

(Please excuse any long time in replies, sometimes offline for long periods!)
Jazzfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:20 PM   #22
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzfox View Post
Well, if the April releases are still showing, we have Jennika 3 coming on April 15th and TMNT 105 on 29th April, so, at very least we can get the conclusions of these chapters/stories before everything winds down for a while at least in digital?
I think all releases have been postponed starting with April books, unfortunately.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 08:15 AM   #23
Jazzfox
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
I think all releases have been postponed starting with April books, unfortunately.
Gkkk, this is why I'm a bit frustrated, I'm reading Chris Ryall's announcement and dunno how to read it straight, I know we can't pick our comic books up at the store, but digital shut down for April too? I keep reading it as May and not sure

Old 03-29-2020, 01:44 PM   #24
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Gkkk, this is why I'm a bit frustrated, I'm reading Chris Ryall's announcement and dunno how to read it straight, I know we can't pick our comic books up at the store, but digital shut down for April too? I keep reading it as May and not sure
Likely they are shutting down digital so it doesn’t hurt the actual brick and mortar comic shops. No one will want to buy old issues if people already bought the digital ones.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:45 PM   #25
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Is DC just doing it digitally for one extra week because of the full debut of Punchline and then halting everything?
Old 03-29-2020, 02:51 PM   #26
TommyT
Banned

I'm pretty sure at this point, nobody but shop owners are bothered by any of this, well, shop owners and comic pros.

The amount of product was far in excess of demand for years now. I'm sure most have a stack of unread floppies and graphic novels they haven't had time to read.

DC doesn't really care. They could start their own distribution channel tomorrow, and probably be more efficient and effective.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:41 PM   #27
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
I'm pretty sure at this point, nobody but shop owners are bothered by any of this, well, shop owners and comic pros.

The amount of product was far in excess of demand for years now. I'm sure most have a stack of unread floppies and graphic novels they haven't had time to read.

DC doesn't really care. They could start their own distribution channel tomorrow, and probably be more efficient and effective.
And everyone here should be concerned FOR those shop owners. If they all go it isn’t good for the consumer.

If they go then less content is made. If that happens say hello to only Batman and Superman or Spider-Man comics. Companies will take less risks on smaller properties or Indy stuff.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:47 PM   #28
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

With the above said I ask that everyone reading this post if they are financially able to buy the next month of available print comics this week. By paying in advance by getting a gift card for the same amount you pay it forward and help keep the comic shops going especially when nothing new is on the stand and they may or may not close temporarily because of the rule of ten. It will help your local comic shop and it will help IDW. Support the industry you are invested in.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:59 PM   #29
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
And everyone here should be concerned FOR those shop owners. If they all go it isn’t good for the consumer.

If they go then less content is made. If that happens say hello to only Batman and Superman or Spider-Man comics. Companies will take less risks on smaller properties or Indy stuff.
Comics used to be bought at grocery stores and bodegas. They can be again.
Also, Digital reduces a lot of cost and overhead.

The consumer will be fine. the shop owners have everything to lose. I'm tired of listening to shop owners whine about their stores. Do something else if it's such a burden.
No, comics shouldn't be returnable. buy what you can sell dummies, and if you need more, buy more. DON'T overstock.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 04:41 AM   #30
Jazzfox
Thug

Urgh, a night of rough sleep gets rougher, just looked at Comixology and can now confirm they've changed Jennika and TMNT 105's release dates where they've been pushed back to June

Assumptions to be made those dates will likely be reviewed as situations changed, but, there's the nail in the coffin, looks like we'll have to do entertain ourselves until their return

I'm keeping in touch with my LCS, we have a mini-community, so, we'll stick together

Just hope that a lot of folks stores do the same, those stores aren't just brick and mortar, they're entire social hubs for a lot of folks out there who really need some place to belong

Not gonna speculate further on that side, but will just say I guess we just have to keep our eyes and ears open for everything as it happens

Old 03-30-2020, 07:38 AM   #31
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

I feel like Allen Parrish in the first jumanji except we can only hope someone rolls a 5 or 8 before 26 years have passed.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:21 PM   #32
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Urgh, a night of rough sleep gets rougher, just looked at Comixology and can now confirm they've changed Jennika and TMNT 105's release dates where they've been pushed back to June
I don't think Comixology's dates are to be taken at face value as June 24th is the date listed on everything on their site at the moment
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:40 PM   #33
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
I don't think Comixology's dates are to be taken at face value as June 24th is the date listed on everything on their site at the moment
My state just issued a Stay at Home order that runs all the way to June 10th! It is possible that it is the first Wednesday available after the Stay At Home order expires in Diamond Distribution is June 24th and that is why the date is set as such? Just a guess.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:28 PM   #34
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
My state just issued a Stay at Home order that runs all the way to June 10th! It is possible that it is the first Wednesday available after the Stay At Home order expires in Diamond Distribution is June 24th and that is why the date is set as such? Just a guess.
I think that's the basic idea, but on a global level; I'm from the UK and our version of Comixology is the showing the same date across the board. June 24th is likely the earliest estimable date for the resumption of 'normal service'.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:52 AM   #35
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Well, this stinks.

Especially since 105 seems to be the wrap up issue for this arc as is Jennika #3 of her miniseries. I was hoping to hang out and talk about the post 100 TMNT in light of that.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:01 AM   #36
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
I totally agree, we are the ones who can save them.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 02:03 PM   #37
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I totally agree, we are the ones who can save them.
Yup it’s been said before but worth repeating: If you have the funds reach out to your local shops now and buy digital gift certs / store credit.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:29 PM   #38
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Comics used to be bought at grocery stores and bodegas. They can be again.
Also, Digital reduces a lot of cost and overhead.

The consumer will be fine. the shop owners have everything to lose. I'm tired of listening to shop owners whine about their stores. Do something else if it's such a burden.
No, comics shouldn't be returnable. buy what you can sell dummies, and if you need more, buy more. DON'T overstock.
You seem very wise and business savvy.
Old 04-18-2020, 12:13 AM   #39
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Diamond has mentioned restarting mid May, but we shall see there...
Old 04-19-2020, 10:05 AM   #40
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Diamond has mentioned restarting mid May, but we shall see there...
That would be amazing! I really hope they can restart even sooner!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote