The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-21-2018, 07:36 PM   #101
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Would be nice if we got trades of the 23 issue run in black and white real fast while we wait for the color classics to come out once a month.
You have all of the 23 issues already, right? You could just convert them to digital format real quick. Or send them away to one of those custom comic binding companies.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:37 PM   #102
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Does anyone have a scan of the extra page added to issue #2 for the original Image trade paperback?

I lost it when my PC got jacked and need it again (I suspect it probably won't be in the reprints).
I have that (image host shrank it):
Spoiler:
And have similar doubts about the TPB story page's inclusion in this IDW series' issue #2. What's ideal and what the reprints contain don't always align.
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:38 PM   #103
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Pretty sure Gary and Frank would make sure that's in there.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:42 PM   #104
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
You have all of the 23 issues already, right? You could just convert them to digital format real quick. Or send them away to one of those custom comic binding companies.
I'd like physical trades though. I don't like digital comics.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:08 PM   #105
funatic
Mad Scientist

Why was that page left out of the original issue?
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #106
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Why was that page left out of the original issue?
It wasn't. It was specifically created and added into the Image TPB to make the net page be on the correct side.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:48 PM   #107
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Urban Legends are often bullsh**. Tales typically have at least some footing in real events. Unless they're tall.
I was just going on the play-on-words.

Quote:
Since this is the first time the IDW colorist will be doing Image, do you think he'll be given better instructions of how to color the characters? I mean he can't very well color the Savage Dragon pink or red now, can he? Or any of the other Image superheroes being miscolored.
Apparently he's done work at Image for a long while, but it looks like all he's done is "Nailbiter" there from what I can tell (not familiar with that title)

I suspect we're not gonna have a yellow Dragon though by that measure.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:41 AM   #108
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
WOW! i'd always hoped for this, but i can't believe it's actually happening!!

i'll be happy to be able to read these again without having to worry about messing up my original Image comics.

very curious how they are going to conclude theirs.
i really did enjoy the bloodbath Andrew did for his conclusion.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:43 AM   #109
CyberCubed
Overlord

Gary's original plan was for Lady Shredder to be Karai, obviously, but given Karai and the TMNT are at peace in Volume 4 I wonder how it will be reconciled. This is why I said I wish Andrew or someone who could get into contact with them would at least let them know how Vol. 4 started, just so we don't see something like "Karai dies" making it non-canon with the rest of Mirage.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:48 AM   #110
myconius
Abby Normal

honestly i wouldn't mind this just being it's own thing and not having to worry about lining up with Vol. 4.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:02 PM   #111
AquaParade
Banned

I tried asking Bobby if this is the result of a perceived change of heart from Nickelodeon, but he skipped it, so who knows if it's something he is privy to or willing to share.

Time will tell!
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:14 PM   #112
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Gary's original plan was for Lady Shredder to be Karai, obviously, but given Karai and the TMNT are at peace in Volume 4 I wonder how it will be reconciled. This is why I said I wish Andrew or someone who could get into contact with them would at least let them know how Vol. 4 started, just so we don't see something like "Karai dies" making it non-canon with the rest of Mirage.
I've reached out to Gary already. It's still pretty early.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:19 PM   #113
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Yeah, I can understand that Gary doesn't want to change his original vision/ending or whatever he had planned for the series, but given Image started off as a direct continuation by Mirage and we now know how Vol. 4 started with "time passing" to give Image some room, it should be fitted back into continuity as neatly as it can.

As said besides the Turtles being healed, there isn't much else they have to do as long as nobody important dies. Maybe give some closure to Pimiko and have her set off to Japan or something.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:36 PM   #114
AquaParade
Banned

I'm starting to see a few more websites finally pick up on the news. I hope it gains as much traction as it can as a niche title. I'd love to see the sales skyrocket for at least a few issues and send a message to Nickelodeon.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #115
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I can understand that Gary doesn't want to change his original vision/ending or whatever he had planned for the series, but given Image started off as a direct continuation by Mirage and we now know how Vol. 4 started with "time passing" to give Image some room, it should be fitted back into continuity as neatly as it can.

As said besides the Turtles being healed, there isn't much else they have to do as long as nobody important dies. Maybe give some closure to Pimiko and have her set off to Japan or something.
I'd personally rather see Gary go out with a bang, Mirage Volume 4 be damned. Andrew already gave us the alternate ending that ties smoothly into Volume 4.

I wanna see Karai die, Splinter die, Raph remain head of the Foot, Mike retire from ninjaing to be a famous author, Pimiko and Raph share leadership of the Foot...

I mean, not necessarily all of that. But whatever the original plan was, I want it. Don't worry about Volume 4.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:53 PM   #116
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'd personally rather see Gary go out with a bang, Mirage Volume 4 be damned. Andrew already gave us the alternate ending that ties smoothly into Volume 4.

I wanna see Karai die, Splinter die, Raph remain head of the Foot, Mike retire from ninjaing to be a famous author, Pimiko and Raph share leadership of the Foot...

I mean, not necessarily all of that. But whatever the original plan was, I want it. Don't worry about Volume 4.
i have to agree. i'd rather see this series flex it's muscles rather than worrying about tying into a series that was never even given a proper conclusion.

the tones of both runs already feel so separated.
it'd stifle the creativity to try to shoehorn this into Vol. 4.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:02 PM   #117
pferreira
Foot Elite

Well this is exciting news. Finally Volume 3 gets an official ending. I can't wait to see all that violence in full colour. This could very well be awesome.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:18 PM   #118
CyberCubed
Overlord

From what Andrew said over the years when he was working on his conclusion, Gary planned on ending Image "properly" with resolution with all the characters. Raph's face was supposed to completely heal, Don would grow a new shell (similar to IDW Don has a new shell), and Leo would regain his hand. Lady Shredder was supposed to be Karai, but I'm not sure how the resolution of that would be and if she would declare a truce again.

Not sure about Pimiko's fate, or if they ever had Leatherhead show up again, but I don't think that really matters. Leatherhead was covered in Mirage in Tales stories and Vol. 4 as just being on Earth again. The Utrom Dr. X who Leatherhead befriended in Image also appears in one of the Tales of the TMNT stories in Mirage.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:27 PM   #119
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Not sure about Pimiko's fate, or if they ever had Leatherhead show up again,
I don't know the answer to either question. I'm sure Leatherhead WOULD have shown up again at some point, had things continued chugging along for another year or so... but I have no idea if he was intended for any kind of, "Uh oh, we better wrap this up now" story.

No clue on Pimiko's actual fate. I got the impression that really none of the distinctively Image characters were going to die... be it Puzorelli or Pimiko or anybody (Frank seemed a little sad in the unofficial conclusion that "hey wiseguy, you killed all our people off!"). Maybe King Komodo.

You shouldn't assume Lady Shredder is Karai. I actually got a couple of different answers on that one. One is obvious, one is like, "Oh yeah! I completely forgot about her! But..."
Old 02-22-2018, 04:34 PM   #120
myconius
Abby Normal

called my LCS. they're all set to hold me 2 copies each.

Tags
cferreira, cyborg donatello, image, image tmnt, shredder raphael, urban legends