The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 10-23-2017, 10:47 PM   #9941
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
when you play Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Command, you can totally see that they borrowed from Star Fox 2, so many of its elements were incorporated in the other games.
That's kind of why I mentioned those two games, although I prefer Star Fox 64 over Command.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:44 PM   #9942
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Link Majora's Mask amiibo

This is exclusive to Best Buy, and they recently got some back in stock after being sold out of them since it got released back in June of this year.

Last edited by Storm Eagle; 10-28-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:03 PM   #9943
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Mario Odyssey is super dope.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 03:04 PM   #9944
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Wolfenstein 2 is pretty good but my god does it kick my ass from time to time
Old 10-28-2017, 07:42 PM   #9945
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Mario Odyssey is super dope.
I almost want to get that and I just might, although I haven't had much interest in Mario games since New Super Mario Bros., which I ended up selling later. Before that, it was Super Mario 64.

As for what I got today, Link amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. series.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:39 AM   #9946
Prowler
Emperor

Mega man X2 is good and ha a rather nice OST. Doesnt' seem as good as Mega man X, but still a very good game.

Also, I picked up the first AVGN game again. I didn't notice that it had different difficulty levels. I used to play it on Normal and found it quite challenging. On Easy... it's rather easy.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:43 PM   #9947
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I got dat XBox One X, y'aaaaall.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:07 AM   #9948
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I finally tried a switch, the screen is so small, I thought it'd be bigger. That's both a good and a bad thing, I wish the screen was bigger but it also looks more than fine at that size, I just wish the bezel was a little smaller. Still It's what I think a re-designed Wii U pad would've looked like so it's nice.

The controller sucks though both on the tablet and on the grip. I feel it's too small and clunky. I'm not one who complains about small controllers, I have no problems with the NES or even Game Boy Micro, or wii controllers. There's just too much going on them for such small controllers, the button "d-pad" works worse than I thought, they sacrificed a great D-Pad for the gimmick of two peole using joycons individually which I forgot to try but It can only be worse.

For those with a switch, did getting used to it/using it more make the controller better? I only used it for a few minutes so I didn't get the best hands-on.

Those neon colors look so awesome, I remember hating them when they were announced.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:27 PM   #9949
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

At my library, I picked up both Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Sonic Generations for the 3DS. I just finished the latter and will be starting the former soon; I can't keep them sadly, only got them for a few weeks.

Back in 2014, I got Sonic Generations for the 360. Although I still like it, I don't think it's among the best of the series. A contender for one of the better 3-D Sonic games, but there were issues. The game had a ton of replay value with the missions, the redesigned levels were awesome (Planet Wisp and City Escape being my favorites), bosses except Time Eater were strong, it was solid overall. However, I just find it too short for an anniversary title and I have preference for other Sonic games.

When compared to the home consoles, the 3DS version just feels incomplete and rushed. I had some issues with control, specifically in Modern Radical Highway when going up the circling area and controlling the Laser Wisp in Modern Tropical Resort. Perhaps I was holding my Circle Pad incorrectly, but it felt a little rough in those two instances. Controls were smooth otherwise.

Similarly to the home console releases, I hated the length being so short. Portable or not, there was only one (two if you count Colors DS) level relating to handheld Sonic: Water Palace from Rush. Add in the fact that there were only seven overall areas that take a maximum of about 3 to 5 minutes to complete both acts, and it was just weird. To extent the length, I would've had the 8-Bit handhelds tackled with Green Hill, the Advance trilogy with Sonic Battle's Emerl as the boss, and finally the Rush games. That way, outside the story, it would differentiate the games more.

Speaking of, I do not get why Modern Sonic had to relearn the Stomp, a technique that, to my knowledge, he normally has in most installments. For Classic Sonic to learn the Homing Shot is fine, but the Stomp?

My two biggest gripes were the following: the missions and the "right" paths to a S-rank. In the console versions, I could take any path and have a fair shot of making the S-ranks, even if it makes the game easy. However, this version requires me to be extremely strict on time limits to get the proper point value. It encourages exploration, but gets frustrating. This is especially the case with bosses, specifically the rivals.

Above all else though, I hate the mission set up. I've barely scratched up to 10 of them now. What is the process of getting them? Do I need certain point values? Do I need to replay levels a total number of times? It's bad design because unless I use StreetPass and have coins to purchase them, I'm left in the dark.

On the flip side, I thought the bosses were alright, my favorites being the Egg Emperor and Time Eater, who is much better in this game. The music was also really good, my favorite being a toss up between Modern Emerald Coast and Classic Radical Highway.

I'm going to stick with the console version, but at least I got to experience both now.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:34 PM   #9950
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

211/251 Pokemon obtained in Crystal, can't wait to finish the Johto Pokedex
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:09 AM   #9951
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Played Sonic Forces yesterday and a bit today. Game is decent, but the PC port isn't as good as Sonic Generations. I'm enjoying the story so far though.

Also started a new playthrough of Mass Effect.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:26 AM   #9952
Storm Eagle
Saved by

8-bit Link amiibo

I got an alert yesterday that Target was getting some in stock. A lot of stores seem to have since sold out of them, but once I saw the alert, I didn't waste any time. It was one of the Legend of Zelda amiibos that was released back in December of last year to commemorate the 30th anniversary, and the packaging reflected that. Now it just has the regular Legend of Zelda logo on it.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:35 AM   #9953
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Started playing Monument Valley II last night

So far its' a worthy successor to the original game
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:58 PM   #9954
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The four Breath of the Wild guardian amiibos

Old 11-15-2017, 10:18 PM   #9955
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Pac-Man Arrangement is, in my opinion, the best Pac-Man game there is. Even topping the original.
It’s just sooo fun!
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:35 AM   #9956
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Fox and Zelda amiibos from the Super Smash Bros. series

The Zelda amiibos got restocked at Wal-Mart's site. So I figured I ought to get one while I could. I could use it for Breath of the Wild. I had them ship it to a store and I picked it up there. Across the street from them was a Toys R Us that I stopped in, and decided I ought to get a Fox amiibo while I could. I thought it might come in handy for a future game one day.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:53 PM   #9957
sdp
Megan Fox = April

My Switch arrived today, but Mario Odyssey isn't getting here until Tuesday because Monday is a holiday. The good thing about living in a megacity is even if you choose free shipping you get the shipment a day later unless there's holidays. Looks like I'll be playing demos until Mario gets here.

I don't know if I should also buy Cave Story+ on Switch, I already own it on 3DS digitally and thought if I ever bought it again I would buy it for PC so it would always be available.

I also don't know if I should get Zelda yet or wait, like I usually say I'm not the biggest gamer since I don't spend much time playing games so I think Mario can hold me until next year and maybe there's some Zelda discounts by then. I also don't know if I should buy the explorers edition or the regular one It's only like 10 bucks more but it includes neat stuff that I like but also I'm trying to hoard less not more

Question: Is a screen protector really necessary? I never used one for my DSlite/3DS/3DSXL/WiiU and never had any scratches on them, same with my phones, any scratches are from the phone falling which I doubt a screen protector would help much. I just hate them, they look ugly, I'm an idiot trying to apply them, because of that they look even uglier with bubbles. The "scratch" controversy from launch seemed to be a bit fabricated since it kind of disappeared, if it were a major concern that affects a lot of the products it would still be doing the blog rounds.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:12 PM   #9958
CyberCubed
Overlord

Mario, Zelda and Mario Kart 8 (if you didn't have the latter on Wii-U) are the 3 best games on Switch now. The Mario Rabbids crossover game is a surprisingly fun strategy RPG too.

I'd also recommend ARMS, which is a pretty fun and unique fighter from Nintendo.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:08 PM   #9959
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Arms doesn't seem like my thing, I'd get Splatoon 2 but I'm not planning on paying for online so getting that game will be worthless since I won't be able to play it after this year ends. I ended up buying BOTW explorer's edition and cave story+ along UltraMoon, they should arrive shortly after Mario.

Monday is a holiday here so I won't get them until Tuesday I think, so I'll have to continue playing demos until then I really wish there was a Virtual Console so I could at least play some of those games while I wait. Sadly what I don't get to play this week I won't get a chance until almost mid december since it's going to be finals and my time will be limited.

I can't buy Mario Kart 8 since I already own it and the DLC on Wii U, so I can't justify buying it again at full price. If only there were a small discount or it were cheaper then yeah I'd be in to have it portable. I was tempted on getting BOTW on Wii U all these months since it was released but I knew I'd get a Switch eventually and never saw it cheap enough to make it an impulse buy so I decided to wait.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:29 PM   #9960
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Toon Link Wind Waker amiibo

Toys R Us stores got some of these back in stock today, and I put in for holds at four stores closest to me. Only three of them came through, and I picked one up at the one that was closest to me at the time.

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games