The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-17-2017, 03:56 PM   #7181
Prowler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
But snow in Portugal must be rare?
Well yeah that is true. It snows in some parts but I have never experienced snow in my area. It must have snowed about 3 times in Lisbon in the last 100 years.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:06 PM   #7182
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Seems we'll experience the Future Shark events one day...
Because the crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 05:20 PM   #7183
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

I've resolved to making a little Utrom model to help me with my issues...but it turned into a bigger project that I intended.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:37 PM   #7184
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Pretty sure the heat is going to kill me. Not just the heat, but the humidity/sweaty air which makes it impossible to cool down, and it's affecting me physically as in nausea and pain.

It's worst when I'm at work, but st least my coworkers let be do the chores inside the fridge stock room so I can feel better. Of course that's when we're more gen one at work, I'm mostly alone.
Candy Kappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:04 AM   #7185
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

A neighbor's dog attacked a stray cat and broke both his back legs. He had to drag himself to get around, which basically means he's toast.

There's huge gashes on one of the legs and he's bleeding from somewhere I can't tell.

The worst part is that animal control can't collect him until Monday and I have no way to get there myself. And that he's really enjoyed attention. He's finally in a comfortable position and has been able to drink water.

But it would be extremely expensive to try to fix the bones, so there's no choice but to put him down.

I'm more than at a gear grind, I'm the most p*ssed off I've been in a long time : !
Old 06-18-2017, 05:58 AM   #7186
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
A neighbor's dog attacked a stray cat and broke both his back legs. He had to drag himself to get around, which basically means he's toast.

There's huge gashes on one of the legs and he's bleeding from somewhere I can't tell.

The worst part is that animal control can't collect him until Monday and I have no way to get there myself. And that he's really enjoyed attention. He's finally in a comfortable position and has been able to drink water.

But it would be extremely expensive to try to fix the bones, so there's no choice but to put him down.

I'm more than at a gear grind, I'm the most p*ssed off I've been in a long time : !
Contact Vet Ranch? They try to save animals that are abandoned or whatever and have injuries.. Not sure where in Texas you are, but they have 2 or 3 locations... they take donations and make videos of rescuing the animals... mjht be worth a shot.
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:30 AM   #7187
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

I'm in Waco, and I honestly can't find their location or contact information. Which honestly makes things difficult

Edit: I was able to find they're in Boerne, but it's two hours south of me.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 06-18-2017 at 06:36 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:36 AM   #7188
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

My grandmother is taking me to the vet so he can be put to sleep. I finally noticed a hole in his belly where there were worms. So that with everything else, he's basically a dead man walking.

It's devastating because he's such a sweet cat . And it's basically around the same time that I rescued Scooter last year...who we had to put him down in January because he was so sick with histoplasmosis.

I really want to turn into my dad and give the neighbors what-for for leaving their dog out...but that's a task best left to my dad. But then again, my dad probably wouldn't do anything.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #7189
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That is terribly sad. At least he knew friendly people in the end and doesn't have to suffer.

Shame the others would not have been been able to pick him up until tomorrow. Even if they'd have tried to save him, that could have been some nasty infection setting in at that point.

Worms...? Like internal parasites or possibly an infected/infested old wound?

Gives me flashbacks of the terrible dog our neighbors had years ago and would occasionally get out of the house/yard. I don't think it was quite right in the head. Our indoor/outdoor cat was not really afraid of any dogs...except that one. (Any others he'd chase out of the yard.) That dog once grabbed out him off the outside windowsill, where he'd jumped to get away from it. Luckily it's owner was there talking to my mother and I got our cat in the house quick.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-18-2017 at 05:09 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:01 PM   #7190
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Gods that reminds me of the time grandma accidentally backed over two of the cats at her place with the car while we were living with her. One ended up with a broken hip and the other a broken tail. But the tail swelled up and got infected, and the other's leg was permanently useless. We could not afford expensive vet treatment, and when we had a rabid skunk in the yard a few weeks later (that fatally mangled a young kitten- this is the skunk I've mentioned grandma going after with a sledgehammer in her robe and bare feet) she decided to have them both put to sleep along with the mama of the mangled kitten and the rest of the litter. (She had tried to fight of the skunk so we didn't want to take chances. If she got infected so would all the kittens.)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:14 PM   #7191
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

He's probably long gone by now. The worms were maggots infesting wounds. I think he was done in long before the dog got to him. I am at least glad I could make his last night comfortable; he spent it glued to my side.

The vet didn't allow me in the back with him since he was a stray.

I spent the rest of the afternoon until now with my grandmother. I ate, showered, and took a nap at her house and all those things helped me stabilize a little. She also helped me with a little bit of laundry, but the rest would have to be done and a laundromat.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:52 PM   #7192
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Poor guy. Yeah, I bet the wound to the tummy (and whatever being eaten alive by maggots would d to you, not to mention likely infection) didn't help him any in trying to escape the dog.

Seriously though, I hope that dog is kept under lock and key better. That it would break a cat's legs is concerning. If the dog is just left out free on purpose, is that something you could report in your area?

I mean, cripe, if they just leave it out like that and it's already breaking a cat's legs, the last thing they need that dog doing is hurting a human at some point, esp if it ends up getting rabies or something if it hasn't had its shots.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:54 PM   #7193
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

I started to guess that the cat's legs were already damaged, from the extent of the rest of the problems. Still, it didn't help all that much.

RIP, kitty

I don't feel at all confident in the homework that I just completed...
Old 06-18-2017, 11:03 PM   #7194
DestronMirage22
Mad Scientist

I'm so sorry to hear about the cat. You hate to see an animal like that have to die, but at least there's some consolation knowing he doesn't have to be in pain and suffer anymore.

I hope that mangey mutt gets what's coming to him.

Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:20 PM   #7195
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

I'm not sure there's anything that can be done, since he was a stray. Legally, I can't take action because of that.

And again, there were probably other attacks before that. The cat's just lucky he managed to crawl next to my back porch of all places.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:15 AM   #7196
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

Maybe you could put in an anonymous call to Animal Control that he is roaming free and attacking other animals. That is at least grounds for them to fine the owners. And if it was that friendly, the cat might have belonged to someone before becoming lost or dumped in your neighborhood. If he does that to a stray he will do it to another person's pets.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:15 AM   #7197
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

The thing I noticed was that he was tethered; it's part of how the cat was even able to make it to my porch in the first place.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:51 PM   #7198
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

Gear grind- that I've had a horrible migraine all afternoon. This thing will not go away. It has made me a bit nauseous and any bright light makes my eyes hurt. I've been lying down most of the afternoon but it hasn't helped.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:55 PM   #7199
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

...Getting menopausal? Is that even a symptom?

Concluding the Cat Tragedy, I'm starting to consider that it was a coincidence that the cat was so close to the dog. Especially since I met the dog earlier today. She's literally more bark than bite. Which I guess is a good thing because that was part of what alerted me to the cat, besides that it was rustling in the leaves and meowing. From the condition he was in, there's no way he would have gotten away from the dog alive, even if she was tethered.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 06-19-2017 at 08:02 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:03 PM   #7200
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu

Poor baby. I'm glad you were able to give him some comfort before the end though.

As a matter of fact I AM possibly reaching that point, but since my "moon time" just ended I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Might have been caused by the heat while I at work today. Had plenty to drink but still felt uncomfortable and tired all day. Lack of sleep last night didn't help either. Spent most of it tossing and turning.