The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 06-24-2020, 07:27 PM   #121
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't really argue anything for "best of" in reality, but it's certainly my favorite modern run in comics.
It definitely took some time for me to appreciate fully as well.
It REALLY struck me when I re-read it all in one shot. I was reading it as it came out weekly and was really annoyed by it. But on the second pass, all in one day, it was like "...Ooooooohhhhhhhhh, okay," and it totally clicked, and now I love it. But a ton of it makes WAY more sense when you know what to look for, as well, so a second pass is almost mandatory.

I liked the first few issues of "Batman and Robin", except I didn't care for the flying Batmobile. And I really wish it had been Dick and Tim instead of Dick and Damien. Dick and Tim had always had such a great brotherly dynamic, and although one could argue that Tim had even outgrown the "need" for being Batman's sidekick by that point, it would have been fun to see them together with Dick in the proper Batman role. So I felt a little gypped by that but I did like the first few issues of the book. His take on Jason was... interesting.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 07:40 PM   #122
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Every time I get a stable the company runs out of money and shuts down. I'm bad luck, apparently.
I am DC, I wear blue and black, spout puns, and am a high flyer. You are the muscle and are called The Image and Pizza Power thinks through strategy in techniques and marketing, good at getting people going. He calls himself Mr. Marvelous.

I have many thoughts on the 2006-2011 period. Of the time since I started reading at the start of 2002 it's my favorite period easily,though it is far from perfect. Dick's tenure as Batman was cut short with the unnecessary New 52. I left thoughts on Jason and Damien in the DC thread. Though it may not be nice for those who are fans of them.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:45 PM   #123
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm gonna have to flex my Creative Control card on this one, brother.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:20 PM   #124
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I am DC, I wear blue and black, spout puns, and am a high flyer. You are the muscle and are called The Image and Pizza Power thinks through strategy in techniques and marketing, good at getting people going. He calls himself Mr. Marvelous.

I have many thoughts on the 2006-2011 period. Of the time since I started reading at the start of 2002 it's my favorite period easily,though it is far from perfect. Dick's tenure as Batman was cut short with the unnecessary New 52. I left thoughts on Jason and Damien in the DC thread. Though it may not be nice for those who are fans of them.
My favorite things to come out of INFINITE CRISIS were the One Year Later stories for Supes and Bats. Most people see these as average or mediocre. I fell in love.

Up Up and Away and Face the Face were both incredibly written and wonderfully drawn stories.

Kent dealing with conflict while temporarily powerless was inspired.
Bruce and Tim returning to Gotham a year later, having left a reformed, non-scarred Harvey Dent in charge was a great plot. Leonard Kirk and Don Kramer's art blew me away. The deaths of Scarface and KGBeast were fun. It was the debut of Tim's new costume.

Just wonderful stuff. Best Batman story James Robinson ever wrote.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote