Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 05:34 AM   #21
Lukas Sprehn
New Recruit

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphroehler2003 View Post
*Wayne getting back into Gotham...a place that you can't get back into and is blocked off...maybe he teleported there?
He had the jet thingy, and honestly, if you've been paying attention to the dialogue in The Dark Knight, and to the sign that says there's 14 miles to Gotham in the 60s Batman and Robin show whenever they jumped into the Batmobile to drive there, you would know that Wayne Manor isn't even on city ground. It is outside. Though, he did grow up in the city.
Lukas Sprehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #22
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior

TDKR is an awesome, awesome movie. The Dark Knight trilogy is arguably one of the best in film, in my opinion. Obviously, there will be people who don't like it. That's always the case. Most people I know that are critical of movies really enjoyed the movie. Not sure what the hate is all about, but whatever.

The more I read PL's opinions on things, the more I get the sense that they guy is just hard to please all around. Oh well, his loss I say. People who mostly see the ugly before the good are doomed to roam the Earth unsatisfied, which sounds like a miserable existence to me.

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #23
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I really couldn't care less about PL's opinion of the Batman movie. I really liked it, most people who saw it loved it, but there are also lots of people who were disappointed. Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion and articulate it publicly. Doesn't matter to me.

But I just think it's funny that there was an early proposal to make the TMNT film about the Foot Clan trapping all people under the city, and the Turtles would have have become public heroes at the end of the day.

It's amazing to think about what the first movie could have been like. I'd LOVE to see some of the early script proposals. I also wonder if cartoon-exclusive elements like Rocksteady, Bebop, Krang, and the Technodrome were involved in any of those wild early studio pitches.

I really am glad Eastman & Laird had such influence on the movie we got. In my eyes, Steve Barron is a hero for giving us a movie that appealed to all ages but still borrowed heavily from the comics. If the film had been done wrong, we could have ended up with something far worse than the Mario Bros. live-action movie.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:35 AM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise

Dark Knight Rises wasn't perfect but I didn't find what was "wrong" with it even worth complaining about. It's a movie, it was fine.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #25
MoreCowbell5263
Hench Mutant

I enjoyed TDKR more than TDK. But I'm in the minority that feel TDK is incredibly overrated.

Batman Begins is still my favorite in the trilogy, though.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #26
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

I liked all three films almost equally. I really did enjoy the new film. A lot of people complained about how it was dumb that nobody could climb out of that hole, but, really, I doubt most of them could even climb up a mock cliff in their local mall.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #27
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Sprehn View Post
He had the jet thingy, and honestly, if you've been paying attention to the dialogue in The Dark Knight, and to the sign that says there's 14 miles to Gotham in the 60s Batman and Robin show whenever they jumped into the Batmobile to drive there, you would know that Wayne Manor isn't even on city ground. It is outside. Though, he did grow up in the city.
That was the 60's. In TDK, Dent asks Bruce if Wayne Manor was even in Gotham. Bruce gives a sort of laugh and says "The palace? You know you might want to find out where your jurisdiction ends." Seems to me, in Nolan universe(unless I misunderstand) is in Gotham.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:56 AM   #28
Leo656
The Franchise

Bruce said "The Palisades." It's from the comic, I thought it was neat they put that in there.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live action films, live-action films, movie 1, peter laird