The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 11:20 PM   #2101
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

That logo makes me remember the Ben 10 series.

That's ... tragic.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:48 PM   #2102
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
That logo makes me remember the Ben 10 series.

That's ... tragic.
The colouring is similar. I was thinking the show might have similar animation to the new Ben 10 series or teen titans go so I was relieved to see the 'not April' art leak.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:53 PM   #2103
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I've never seen Ben 10 beyond the first series, but I'd love if the Rise cartoon took on its style.

The two franchises have many similarities, ben has his "Mutant" transformations, Kevin reminds me of Casey Jones, they regularly fight monsters etc.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:00 AM   #2104
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I've never seen Ben 10 beyond the first series, but I'd love if the Rise cartoon took on its style.

The two franchises have many similarities, ben has his "Mutant" transformations, Kevin reminds me of Casey Jones, they regularly fight monsters etc.
Oh, I meant the style new toon, I think it only started in 2017.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:32 AM   #2105
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

From twitter. What could it mean?

Spoiler:
Old 01-11-2018, 06:51 AM   #2106
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Somehow it reminds me of the Golden Scarab in Aladdin.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:21 AM   #2107
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

What Twitter account posted this.. just checked @TMNT and this isn’t there.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:13 AM   #2108
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Maybe it's a big V down the middle of the shell, suggesting this will be some kinda Voltron/TMNT hybrid where they all fight in giant mechs that combine into one big Super Turtle Saint?

Or the V could be for Venus
Old 01-11-2018, 08:21 AM   #2109
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo2003 View Post
What Twitter account posted this.. just checked @TMNT and this isn’t there.
I posted it on Twitter, but the image was first found at Playmates Toys Facebook page, as posted by Vicky82 here: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...postcount=2081
Old 01-11-2018, 08:34 AM   #2110
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

John Cena will be voicing a villain:

The actor and WWE superstar has signed on for three projects at the kids' channel, including voicing a role in the new 2D animated series Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He'll play an original villain named Baron Draxum, an alchemist warrior mutant who seeks to turn all of humanity into mutants.

Cena's recurring character will appear in the premiere episode and throughout the series, which follows the band of brothers as they encounter new mutants and villains and discover a mystical world they never knew existed beneath the streets of New York City. Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is set to premiere later this year.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true
Old 01-11-2018, 08:40 AM   #2111
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post

The actor and WWE superstar has signed on for three projects at the kids' channel, including voicing a role in the new 2D animated series Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He'll play an original villain named Baron Draxum, an alchemist warrior mutant who seeks to turn all of humanity into mutants.

Cena's recurring character will appear in the premiere episode and throughout the series, which follows the band of brothers as they encounter new mutants and villains and discover a mystical world they never knew existed beneath the streets of New York City. Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is set to premiere later this year.

I think he'd make the perfect version of Hun.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
Old 01-11-2018, 08:42 AM   #2112
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well that confirms the rumor that Shredder isn't the main villain and won't appear in the show.

Now we wait for Knuckles Raph and April Stockman rumor confirmation
Old 01-11-2018, 08:43 AM   #2113
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant

Ugh. Oooookaay...
Old 01-11-2018, 08:43 AM   #2114
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I think he'd make the perfect version of Hun.
No. This crazy new mutant wanting to convert the world into all mutants is a much more interesting idea than Hun.

Can't wait to see how it'll turn out. Extra credit if Nick has the balls to make this guy the one behind the Turtles mutation.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-11-2018, 08:44 AM   #2115
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:

Wow didn't expect that. What's next The Rock voicing Casey Jones.

I haven't been watching WWE for a while, I guess John Cena is a part time wrestler now.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #2116
Coola Yagami
Overlord

My only problem with this is how will they contact Cena to do his lines? They never have a way to see him.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-11-2018, 09:17 AM   #2117
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well that confirms the rumor that Shredder isn't the main villain and won't appear in the show.

Now we wait for Knuckles Raph and April Stockman rumor confirmation
Yeah I thought that, although I still wonder that they may bring him in later on if the show runs for a while.

Quote:
Can't wait to see how it'll turn out. Extra credit if Nick has the balls to make this guy the one behind the Turtles mutation.
Well the words, different and unique have been used to describe the origin so who knows. Also remember we were told that that fans will need to be so open minded their minds will need to be inside out? (that was one person working on it but still)
Old 01-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #2118
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:

So, is this gonna be like Fullmetal Alchemist and Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja?
Old 01-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #2119
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It takes balls to do the same old same old as FW, IDW, NICK and PD, having the villain(s) create the Turtles? huh...
Old 01-11-2018, 10:00 AM   #2120
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

An..."alchemist warrior mutant"? Sounds a touch forced, like just smashing words together to try to make something cool, but okay...

Seeing how we need new stuff (more than only the petty, unnecessary character changes for the sake of change) and - "...who seeks to turn all of humanity into mutants" - ...never mind, we're doing this theme again.

Someday someone will finally take notice and discover the glory and freedom of making a series where they can tell some all new stories of young adult Turtles. And be all like...

Omg so much room to grow. But not until you're ready, young show makers...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-11-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters