The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-22-2017, 03:42 PM   #41
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Wait...a show that I loved you weren't impressed by?
Well color me shocked. SHOCKED, I say.

So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:17 AM   #42
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

TSCC > any of the movies after T2. Character development and time to do it properly made a big difference.

Too bad about the
Spoiler:
cliffhanger ending where John time travels to an an alternate future with the T-1001 and no one knows who he is.

With how reboot-happy FOX seems to be these days, I'm surprised they haven't done anything else with it.

I would have liked Genisys more, but the toned down violence and Jai Courtney ruined it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:10 AM   #43
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
I would have liked Genisys more, but the toned down violence and Jai Courtney ruined it for me.
Had both of those factors been changed I think I would have been much more on board with Genisys. I really, honestly can't fathom the PG-13. It'd be one thing if Salvation (also PG-13) had been a huge hit in spite of the PG-13, but it wasn't. Repeating the same thing hoping for a different result seems asinine.

Though fundamentally Genisys just seems so... weird. I get the time romp sounds fun on paper, but the rest? "You guys all love T1 and T2, and hate T3 and T4 riiiiight? Well, how about we pop into the beginning of T1, and completely wipe out/irrevocably alter the events of ALL of those movies, even T1 and T2!"

Why do that? Seems like taking a big sh*t on the one part of the fandom and franchise they were trying to appease.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:39 AM   #44
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
TSCC > any of the movies after T2. Character development and time to do it properly made a big difference.

Too bad about the
Spoiler:
cliffhanger ending where John time travels to an an alternate future with the T-1001 and no one knows who he is.

With how reboot-happy FOX seems to be these days, I'm surprised they haven't done anything else with it.

I admit that I was torn when the show started, mostly because Hedley's Sara Conner is SO DIFFERENT from Linda Hamilton's.

Spoiler:
BUT THAT ENDING!
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:36 PM   #45
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I really liked Genisys. It's funny I never realized it was PG-13. Unless I just forgot. I didn't feel the violence was toned down. It felt toned down in Salvation since it was mostly just building to the Skynet break in.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:50 PM   #46
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So they're talking about attempting yet another trilogy:

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/james-...ent-terminator
Old 07-25-2017, 07:10 PM   #47
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

They'll make one, it will 'under-perform' and then they'll start all over again.
Old 07-25-2017, 10:41 PM   #48
sdp
-

We're going to have a trilogy of Chapter 1's of failed trilogies
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:21 PM   #49
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I would prefer they kept going from Salvation. We need more of the actual war.

I had this idea that I thought would be really funny. What if the terminator won and actually succeeded killing John Connor? What would it do after completing its mission?

It was 1984. Would he get a job as a body guard or something? Would he hangout in public places to learn human behavior and make friends? Maybe he'd travel and see the world before Skynet takes over.

What if it gained an appreciation for life and humans and decided to warn everyone about Skynet? It could join the military and help earth fight.

That's a different idea.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:43 AM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I would prefer they kept going from Salvation. We need more of the actual war.

I had this idea that I thought would be really funny. What if the terminator won and actually succeeded killing John Connor? What would it do after completing its mission?

It was 1984.
John Connor didn't exist in 1984.

Quote:
Would he get a job as a body guard or something? Would he hangout in public places to learn human behavior and make friends? Maybe he'd travel and see the world before Skynet takes over.

What if it gained an appreciation for life and humans and decided to warn everyone about Skynet? It could join the military and help earth fight.

That's a different idea.
I admit, that's interesting. T2 kind of implies that unless a hard-wired straight up SkyNET Terminator is reprogrammed by someone (head cut open and all), they can't take on new subroutines and learning much, but... maybe to some degree?
Old 07-26-2017, 01:28 AM   #51
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
John Connor didn't exist in 1984.
Oh ya, Sarah. I was thinking of it in reverse. Wiping him out.

Quote:
I admit, that's interesting. T2 kind of implies that unless a hard-wired straight up SkyNET Terminator is reprogrammed by someone (head cut open and all), they can't take on new subroutines and learning much, but... maybe to some degree?
I don't remember that but it's still funny to think what it would do while waiting for Skynet to take over.

If a reboot changed that bit it could work. Not for comedic purposes. I was just thinking of that for fun.

I think the terminator evolving on its own is a cool idea though.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:08 AM   #52
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I really liked Genisys. It's funny I never realized it was PG-13. Unless I just forgot. I didn't feel the violence was toned down. It felt toned down in Salvation since it was mostly just building to the Skynet break in.
They seem to be doing that a lot, PG-13 (it was cert 12 here) I remember thinking what? really? same for Robocop reboot
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:41 AM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

Everytime I hear them say they're going to reboot Terminator, Aliens, Predator, Robocop, etc. for the millionth time, I just shake my head. There's only so many time you can do failed reboots before people get tired and lose interest.

Planet of the Apes had 1 failed reboot (the 2001 Tim Burton movie), but then got it right with the new movie reboots from 2011. Mad Max got a successful reboot in 2015.

It seems some of these 80's movie properties are better off left alone.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:52 AM   #54
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Everytime I hear them say they're going to reboot Terminator, Aliens, Predator, Robocop, etc. for the millionth time, I just shake my head. There's only so many time you can do failed reboots before people get tired and lose interest.

Planet of the Apes had 1 failed reboot (the 2001 Tim Burton movie), but then got it right with the new movie reboots from 2011. Mad Max got a successful reboot in 2015.

It seems some of these 80's movie properties are better off left alone.
Yeah there comes a time if something has been done over many times and just dies a little more every time then it needs knocking on the head. Still, I wasn't bored watching Genesis.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:20 AM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Yeah there comes a time if something has been done over many times and just dies a little more every time
Yeah, it's a bit like that guy in Game of Thrones. I forget his name, one of the order that serves the Lord of Light, that keeps getting killed and resurrected. "Every time I come back... there's a little bit less of me here."
Old 07-26-2017, 10:52 AM   #56
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I don't remember that
You don't remember this?

Old 07-26-2017, 10:19 PM   #57
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Isnt that a deleted scene? I just looked it up.

I don't remember it being mentioned it needed exact reprogramming to do anything else. Haven't seen it in awhile. John was teaching it small things.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:03 PM   #58
Sumac
Banned

Interesting.
Not sure how long it will take them to make a new movie(s).

I liked 1st movie the best, T2 is still is a masterpiece, though, T3 is a good action movie with "unusual" ending, T4 is trash and TG is a good action movie.

Salvation is a sequel to T3. Kind of.

Haven't watched series and not intend to.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:52 AM   #59
The Deadman
Foot Elite

New Terminator Will Reveal Why the T-800 Looks Like Arnold Schwarzenegger
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...EfSzHX1aJ8a.99

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:21 AM   #60
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
New Terminator Will Reveal Why the T-800 Looks Like Arnold Schwarzenegger
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...EfSzHX1aJ8a.99
Hopefully, they'll include Arnold in a meaningful way.

Glad to hear it's coming sooner, rather than later, because with all this Avatar, I didn't know.

Tags
adayinsidemillerthemovie, cuckwithmeifyouwanttolive, franchise is terminated, hasta la vista cis men, pappenbrooktriggered, terminator: woke fate, the future is female