The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-25-2017, 09:24 PM   #81
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I hope we see Mutt, I liked him.
Yeah, same. That torch gotta get passed, son.

I kinda wish they had just done another Indiana Jones trilogy not too long after the first one
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 05:39 PM   #82
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Shia LaBeouf’s Mutt Williams is Not in Indiana Jones 5
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...FHUHIXQFios.99

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:22 PM   #83
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Good I dislike the boi.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #84
sdp
Megan Fox = April

A shame but expected, I hope they write him off in a decent way.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:10 PM   #85
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

0 surprise here. Like I said, he'll be "away at college" or something.

Still, this has got to be major league embarrassing for Shia. There he was, groomed as the one-day successor to Harrison Ford in Indiana Jones 4... and TPTB are too embarrassed by him to so much as allow him to have a cameo in Indiana Jones 5.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:54 PM   #86
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
A shame but expected, I hope they write him off in a decent way.
With all the s*it Shia said about Speilberg, you'd better hope they're merciful
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:56 PM   #87
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think my favorite thing about this is that the last comment before the new update was "I hope Shia is in this movie", and then months later it's announced he's not.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #88
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Fingers crossed we get an older Short Round in this one.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:19 PM   #89
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I still think they waited way too damn long to bring this series back.

Granted, the story was kind of a mess (that's an understatement right there), but I think people would have been more forgiving if it'd come out ten years before it did. I liked that they went with a pulpy sci-fi vibe, rather than the same old school adventure schtick (although it can be great if done well), but yeah the movie was all over the place. And Harrison Ford didn't just look old, he looked like he felt old.

I still wish they had ran with Mutt being Indy's protege, taking up his mantle and whatnot. What are they gonna go with now in this new movie and the sequel it will undoubtedly get?
Old 09-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #90
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I still wish they had ran with Mutt being Indy's protege, taking up his mantle and whatnot. What are they gonna go with now in this new movie and the sequel it will undoubtedly get?
Mutt taking up the mantle would have been horrible. Indiana Jones isn't Batman.

I suspect if anything, future Indiana Jones movies will shift Indy into the background a bit as a "mission leader" role, with a "Team Indy" forming to do the legwork... probably with a recast Mutt in it.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:48 PM   #91
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I wonder if they'll bother using some of the "Old Indiana Jones Adventures" material -- e.g., him having an eye patch, kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, and bothering people with tales of his youth constantly.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:50 PM   #92
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I wonder if they'll bother using some of the "Old Indiana Jones Adventures" material -- e.g., him having an eye patch, kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, and bothering people with tales of his youth constantly.
With Lucas out of the picture now, maybe. He went in and scrapped all that stuff out when he did the blu-ray release.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:14 PM   #93
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm guessing there will be some type of successor, they mentioned they wanted Indiana Jones to be a series but obviously Harrison Ford is too old and if it isn't Mutt or a prequel series with a young Indy then I don't know what they'll do.

Wasn't there an interview that they weren't retconning Indy 4? It'd be weird to continue without mentioning Mutt.

I like Shia, and that interview he mentions he wouldn't criticize Spielberg if he wasn't ok with it or something along those lines so I'm guessing him not being included has more to do with $$ and Shia being heavily criticized than any personal vendettas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
With Lucas out of the picture now, maybe. He went in and scrapped all that stuff out when he did the blu-ray release.
He took out those scenes? A shame.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:09 PM   #94
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Quote:
What is material you're referring to? One of the Indiana Jones tv shows or something? I never saw them

Quote:
I'm guessing there will be some type of successor, they mentioned they wanted Indiana Jones to be a series but obviously Harrison Ford is too old and if it isn't Mutt or a prequel series with a young Indy then I don't know what they'll do.

Wasn't there an interview that they weren't retconning Indy 4? It'd be weird to continue without mentioning Mutt.

I like Shia, and that interview he mentions he wouldn't criticize Spielberg if he wasn't ok with it or something along those lines so I'm guessing him not being included has more to do with $$ and Shia being heavily criticized than any personal vendettas.
Yeah, I like Shia too and I thought he was pretty good in Indy 4. But it's been a while since I've seen it, I may have to watch it again and reevaluate
Old 09-05-2017, 10:09 PM   #95
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
What is material you're referring to? One of the Indiana Jones tv shows or something? I never saw them
The only Indiana Jones TV show. "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles." The TV show had a framing device in which OOOOOLD Indy (different actor than Harrison Ford) in our present with an eyepatch would basically narrate each given episode. When it came to the blu-rays, George Lucas removed all of that stuff.

Though Harrison Ford has a whole adventure in "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles." That one is intact.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:23 PM   #96
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Indiana Jones and the digital face replacement. Coming to a multiplex near you.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:40 AM   #97
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Harrison Ford may need a walking cane for this movie lol.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:20 AM   #98
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Quote:
The only Indiana Jones TV show. "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles." The TV show had a framing device in which OOOOOLD Indy (different actor than Harrison Ford) in our present with an eyepatch would basically narrate each given episode. When it came to the blu-rays, George Lucas removed all of that stuff.
You can find all those segments on YouTube. Seeing old Indy in inaction is pretty funny, or sad depending on how you look at it. He does all sorts of things like attack rude youths, drive monster trucks, and confront his grandchildren about their awful music.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #99
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

bump

Indiana Jones 5 Could Be Steven Spielberg’s Next Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I hope it's Atlantis. I kinda hope for Mutt too, I didn't mind him.
Atlantis would be cool. It's too bad they've already decided Mutt can't come back, I liked the character. It's a shame showbiz drove Shia LaBeouf a little crazy. Maybe he'll return to films someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Crystal Skull was...average, I guess.
It was worse, than previous three movies, but not exactly a horrible monstrosity.

Also, never understood major hatred that some people had for this movie because of aliens. So, magic and immortal knights and A-OK, but aliens are NO-NO, in the Jones'verse? Like, really?
Agreed. The introduction of aliens to this series was far from the worst thing to happen to it.

Quote:
It's not even up for debate. TFA was a huge rehash of stuff done before. That's, like, all it was.
Quoted because this bears repeating. And TLJ was a complete rehash of ESB.

Quote:
Mutt taking up the mantle would have been horrible. Indiana Jones isn't Batman.

I suspect if anything, future Indiana Jones movies will shift Indy into the background a bit as a "mission leader" role, with a "Team Indy" forming to do the legwork... probably with a recast Mutt in it.
Well yeah I didn't mean Mutt should literally put on Indy's hat and jacket and start calling himself Indiana "Mutt" Jones or something but this franchise really needs someone younger to step in and start going on the adventures that Indy is too old for.

Like Cubed said several times in this thread, Harrison Ford is gonna be old as **** by the time this movie comes out, and if they want to be able to do an Indiana Jones 6 then they need to have a gameplan, before they're forced to just do IJ6 as Old Man Jones sitting in a chair by the fireside telling some kids about other adventures of his youth, seen in flashbacks. Which sucks because I feel like they'll likely do the thing that every movie seems to feel the need to do now and dangle a hook for a sequel at the end of IJ5, which they probably won't get a chance to explore, like the stupid subplot about Peter Parker's parents in the Amazing Spider-Man films.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:44 AM   #100
CyberCubed
Overlord

In Star Wars Episode 7 and Blade Runner 2049, Harrison Ford didn't really do much than stand around or point a gun. He really had no action scenes, mostly dialogue where he would stand or sit talking.

Problem is Indiana Jones is an action franchise where you expect him to be jumping around, leaping, dodging traps, etc....I don't know how they'll do it unless they replace him with a stunt double every single action scene.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote