The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-01-2017, 06:20 PM   #241
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

What was expected? The characters who were essentially the prime antagonists of the first three seasons only got one single, mediocre release.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:42 PM   #242
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
Okay, I emailed Playmates about Kavaxas and Mona Lisa possibly, and Paula said:

"We are sorry neither one is being considered, Mona Lisa is from 1987."

What does this mean?
It means Paula doesn't know

From

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:43 PM   #243
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
wow so the morons at Playmates don't even watch the show the toys are made from.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:03 PM   #244
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

You guys are getting worked up over nothing. You can't just call a big toy company like Playmates and expect whomever answers the phone to have any inside information or to understand much more than "turtles yeah we make those". And just because the don't have these characters planned now doesn't mean anything. They just rolled out the line for the next year at Toy Fair. They certainly aren't going to whip anything out of the blue this year but there's always next year and the one after. Lucky for you I plan to buy all the variants so maybe I'll keep it going for you and you can get these characters some day and complain about how crappy you think they are! That's what we do this all for right?!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:13 PM   #245
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Mona Lisa and Sal Commander should have had figures already they could have been part of the Dimension X Line of figures. Its just annoying they would rather make 20 more Turtle variants instead of characters that show up every so often in the show.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:31 PM   #246
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
You guys are getting worked up over nothing. You can't just call a big toy company like Playmates and expect whomever answers the phone to have any inside information or to understand much more than "turtles yeah we make those". And just because the don't have these characters planned now doesn't mean anything. They just rolled out the line for the next year at Toy Fair. They certainly aren't going to whip anything out of the blue this year but there's always next year and the one after. Lucky for you I plan to buy all the variants so maybe I'll keep it going for you and you can get these characters some day and complain about how crappy you think they are! That's what we do this all for right?!
Hell yeah! that's the spirit
See this guy gets it. Say it wit me now FEED THE BEAST FEED THE BEAST
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:15 PM   #247
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Playmates had a Kavaxas made though. He's cancelled at the moment.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:27 PM   #248
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
Okay, I emailed Playmates about Kavaxas and Mona Lisa possibly, and Paula said:

"We are sorry neither one is being considered, Mona Lisa is from 1987."

What does this mean?
Dang, didn't think Playmates could reach such a new low.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 02:00 AM   #249
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's hard to believe Playmates is still in business in the year 2017.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:02 AM   #250
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
wow so the morons at Playmates don't even watch the show the toys are made from.
I'm not sure why you would expect them to. I would, however, expect them to know the characters enough to give a decent answer.

Quote:
You guys are getting worked up over nothing. You can't just call a big toy company like Playmates and expect whomever answers the phone to have any inside information or to understand much more than "turtles yeah we make those".
While anybody who thinks they're going to get insider information this way is fooling themselves, Paula's useless ass has worked there for like 15+ years and should know more than just that they have the rights to the line.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:46 AM   #251
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

Quote:
So basically you're saying buy a bunch of crap, even if you hate it, in hopes that maybe they'll put out something you do want, despite a track record proving that those hopes are in vain? Sure...that makes sense...

Also there is likely not a next year or following year if this is the last season of the cartoon. No show, no toy line.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:57 AM   #252
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
So basically you're saying buy a bunch of crap, even if you hate it, in hopes that maybe they'll put out something you do want, despite a track record proving that those hopes are in vain? Sure...that makes sense...

Also there is likely not a next year or following year if this is the last season of the cartoon. No show, no toy line.
No, I'm not telling anybody to do anything. I just said what I'm going to do. And I don't *hate* any of it, personally.

As for more toys with no show, dunno. Is that really the way it works in the streaming, multi-media, adult collector world we now inhabit? My daughter likes character toys of her favorite things regardless of whether she has seen any new episodes lately.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:54 PM   #253
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

Adult collectors world is drastically different from kid focused Toy world, i.e. Playmates, who have a history of ending a toy line as cartoons end.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:42 PM   #254
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
Adult collectors world is drastically different from kid focused Toy world, i.e. Playmates, who have a history of ending a toy line as cartoons end.
That is most certainly true, but, this particular kids line does seem to have a lot of adults buying it...based on what I see here, and when I'm out in the stores.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:46 PM   #255
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
That is most certainly true, but, this particular kids line does seem to have a lot of adults buying it...based on what I see here, and when I'm out in the stores.
I'm presuming Huzzah meant an adult collector's line. This line is not made with adults in mind at all, whereas there are many that are made with adults as the primary focus or skews for both age groups.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:09 PM   #256
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I'm presuming Huzzah meant an adult collector's line. This line is not made with adults in mind at all, whereas there are many that are made with adults as the primary focus or skews for both age groups.
I get it. Do you get what I'm saying? Just that the show may end, but that may not end the demand for the basic figure line immediately, given that kids have many ways to keep watching and revisiting shows/characters/franchises these days **and** many adults seem to like this line too and are not likely to stop being interested just because the show is done. That's it. Consider all the factors. I'm trying to be optimistic here for all of the Negative Nancys, but I can see that is a thankless task when surrounded by those who would rather sound intelligent than be contemplative.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:32 PM   #257
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
I get it. Do you get what I'm saying? Just that the show may end, but that may not end the demand for the basic figure line immediately, given that kids have many ways to keep watching and revisiting shows/characters/franchises these days **and** many adults seem to like this line too and are not likely to stop being interested just because the show is done. That's it. Consider all the factors. I'm trying to be optimistic here for all of the Negative Nancys, but I can see that is a thankless task when surrounded by those who would rather sound intelligent than be contemplative.
There's no need to be insulting. And it doesn't matter how optimistic you want to be... if you throw logic out the window to do it, you're being counterproductive.

It's all moot anyway since they just announced a new more kid-friendly series for 2018.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:48 PM   #258
snake
Disgusting

If the new show's designs are more simplistic, that might prompt Playmates to put even less effort into a toyline.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:54 PM   #259
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

Quote:
No need to be insulting about it, seriously had you just ended your statement at "you're trying to be optimistic", your point would've been made, after that It seems you're trying to sound combative. No one is trying to "sound intelligent," it's hardly trying to sound intelligent when one us using proven history from a toy company to support their stance. Playmates historically drops a line shortly after a cartoon ends, it's not about to change. Many adults liked the previous lines (the 4kids line is still one of my favorites) as well but that didn't prevent them from ending shortly after their cartoon ended. Playmates is not concerned with the adult collector however, as they've shown repeatedly with their lackluster attempts, so they aren't worried about keeping them as a buyer, in their mind, no cartoon equals no advertising equals no need to carry on a line.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:35 PM   #260
Redemption
Stone Warrior

I am going to pray that the new TMNT series brings some good toys at least at the start. The initial wave of tmnt figures for the 2012 line I thought were really great. Thats why I kept the original 12 figures and got rid of the rest.

I took that money and spent it on better stuff plus it made a lot of space in my room. WIN WIN!
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, playmates bashing