The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 08-07-2023, 01:55 AM   #1541
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Bow down to our new April y'all

A show that is on my to-watch list is The Bear, it's supposed to be very good. She's in it too.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 02:24 AM   #1542
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Didn’t Leo have a human wife in the comics?

Aha it’s true! If they become a thing then they’re staying true to the comics lol.
That's actually from a story in which
Spoiler:
Master Splinter gives Leonardo psychedelic drugs & he has hallucinogenic visions of a past life in Feudal Japan.
Or something like that, anyway. It's been a while since I read it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 04:46 AM   #1543
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post

A show that is on my to-watch list is The Bear, it's supposed to be very good. She's in it too.
Now you see, this voice actress is a very attractive woman. If April was designed to look similar to THIS instead of what we got, far less people would be complaining about what April looked like.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 09:16 AM   #1544
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post

Yes watch The Bear its a fantastic show both seasons are very good.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:36 AM   #1545
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's not funny, charming, clever, or anything.
I'll admit, I do like the mutagen-ooze like texture of that stream. Somehow it's way more appealing than real-life equivalent.

I think it might be the TMNT equivalent of the pizza from "A Goofy Movie."

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 09:40 AM   #1546
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I think it might be the TMNT equivalent of the pizza from "A Goofy Movie."
Watching that scene as a kid, I always got hungry for pizza because it looked so delicious.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:46 AM   #1547
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramboraph4life aka matt View Post
gotta save it for the sequel or the spin-off. She'll change her mind and 'see him for who he truly is, not his physical appearance'.

I can see it coming a mile away.
ok.

Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 11:20 AM   #1548
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Y'know, if we had the ability to anything, I'd form my own studio and do a Mirage-based TMNT movie. But I'd also troll the wokies by every few months instead of offering actual updates, I'd post things like 'film is delayed til we figure out which turtles we want to make gay', 'film delayed because the director can't decide their own pronouns' 'film delayed because studio has been unsuccessful on their experiments to create actual mutated turtles to voice the main characters' and so forth. I'd at least do that while we had actual designs and whatnot to showcase.

But I guess even if I had that power, that couldn't happen until the property got wrestled away from Nick.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 11:33 AM   #1549
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Y'know, if we had the ability to anything, I'd form my own studio and do a Mirage-based TMNT movie. But I'd also troll the wokies by every few months instead of offering actual updates, I'd post things like 'film is delayed til we figure out which turtles we want to make gay', 'film delayed because the director can't decide their own pronouns' 'film delayed because studio has been unsuccessful on their experiments to create actual mutated turtles to voice the main characters' and so forth. I'd at least do that while we had actual designs and whatnot to showcase.

But I guess even if I had that power, that couldn't happen until the property got wrestled away from Nick.
I would be one of your "producer-investors" on that fictional fantasy endeavor.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 12:17 PM   #1550
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
But what good does it do to post a rumour like that? Would you be thrilled if someone spread the rumour that you were rude to someone in your community?

Also, what does "rude" mean here, exactly? Did he mock him, take his drink, did not let him finish his sentence? This is just so vague, it becomes meaningless.
Joe Pesci : Rude how ? , that I insult you.....that I make you uncomfortable ? , is that what you're saying ?!

Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 01:16 PM   #1551
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Whoa, edgy... You'll show them!
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 02:01 PM   #1552
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
well it was actually better than I expected

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 02:07 PM   #1553
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
well it was actually better than I expected
Cool to hear. It's not my dream TMNT movie by any means but it was fun and I am okay with seeing more, so I hope the tv series and 2nd movie can get made like they planned. For me it was an improvement over what we saw with the Rise tv series, and honestly, better than both Platinum Dunes movies. We have had so much "meh" turtle product over the years that it's nice getting something that wasn't forgettable, or yet another 20-40% on RT/MetaCritic like is par for the course with this franchise.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 02:44 PM   #1554
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

I actually like the Michael Bay films better than this. Especially part 2 where they introduced Krang, Bebop, and Rocksteady. The CG on them was really good. Mutant Mayhem has just made TMNT look like one big joke.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 06:51 PM   #1555
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

“It’s just a more realistic and grounded approach.”

Really?

The guy in the second video is actually prettier than April
Old 08-07-2023, 08:35 PM   #1556
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Whoa, edgy... You'll show them!
That's the glorious part. It's not even edgy but it would be enough to cause Twitter meltdowns. It's just so easy to rile these oversensitive idiots up.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 08-07-2023, 11:24 PM   #1557
Wes
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That's the glorious part. It's not even edgy but it would be enough to cause Twitter meltdowns. It's just so easy to rile these oversensitive idiots up.
Sounds like an excellent way to increase fan interest in your unlikely hypothetical bestest-TMNT-movie-ever! Great way to show how much you truly value the property: use it with deliberate intent to upset losers on the internet. So satisfying! So boastworthy! Cowabunga?

* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?

Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 12:07 AM   #1558
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I would never weaponize TMNT in that way or any other. But if someone else did... I'd probably have a good chuckle.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 12:09 AM   #1559
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

I think of it this way...I look at the 2003 Ninja Turtles cartoon (which comes to mind since it's the 20th anniversary of that show).

I grew up with the 80s cartoon. I was around 7 and it brought me into this world. I see this new show in 2003 when it premiered...a show that did change lore (the Shredder's background). But yet I still felt like it respected the characters and it respected the bottom line of what made these guys the 'Ninja Turtles'.

It's not some 'perfect, there's nothing wrong with it' kind of show. I'm not saying that. But I didn't feel talked down to. I respected that (in my eyes) it felt like the property moved forward and Progressed in terms of having more story arcs, a bit more deeper into some characters, some maturity...and yet still being a kids show with silly humor at times. I didn't think it treated kids or the audience as morons (unlike this movie, in My opinion).

And lo and behold...it became my favorite cartoon. I can still watch something like Meet Casey Jones or Same As It Never Was and go 'yeah, it was a kids show but man...that really holds up'.

I see this thing...20 years later...and all I see is a regression. That's why I get so 'over-emotionally angry' about the whole thing.

Whether people think it is silly or not...I see tons of potential untapped with these characters. And by this rate, it will never be tapped. I just don't see that making them 'annoying teens because teens are annoying', or filling up dialogue with jokes about puking and milking, or stuffing as many mutants into a 90 minute running time because they 'remember that one Playmates Toy that the makers played with for 5 minutes decades ago' as any amount of a Progression or Upgrade for the franchise or for these characters.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 12:15 AM   #1560
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Sounds like an excellent way to increase fan interest in your unlikely hypothetical bestest-TMNT-movie-ever! Great way to show how much you truly value the property: use it with deliberate intent to upset losers on the internet. So satisfying! So boastworthy! Cowabunga?
LMAO that would be extra trolling for fun. Naturally I would do the usual trailers and whatnot. Maybe a short teaser that actually shows Foot Ninja killing people and whatnot, just to show without any doubt or error that this will be more serious than the usual kiddie fair.

Maybe end the trailer with a bunch of dangerous punks saying 'we're not afraid of a bunch of weirdos in Halloween costumes'. and we have Leo say "they were wrong.... these aren't costumes." showing off the turtles or at least Leo for a second to give people a tease before later trailers would show them better.

But it would still be fun to tease the idiots on Twitter. Maybe even pretend we're gonna go for a bold new April and end up casting a white redhead anyways.

Tags
bebop, cubedhatesblackpeople, leatherhead, mondo gecko, rocksteady, tigercuck, wingnut