The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 09-03-2023, 08:27 AM   #1661
Shinningbolt
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I downloaded it and started to watch bits of it, then skimmed around. I thought I could but yeah, I don't know if I can sit through this. It's a ninja turtles movie that isn't about ninja turtles, and even seems delighted by itself that it isn't about ninja turtles.
I can’t believe you 30+ years olds went farther than I ever would I wouldn’t be I wouldn’t I couldn’t because dead even consuming this **** I mean we’ve all seen the trailers you know exactly what the **** this is going to be
Shinningbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 09:36 AM   #1662
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Shredder Concept Art from the concept artist on twitter

Old 09-03-2023, 10:31 AM   #1663
CyberCubed
Overlord

Those concepts look pretty decent.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 12:55 PM   #1664
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Saw that first set previously. Aside from the bodybuilder (super?) Shredder looks, the short legs are the only thing that bug me on some of the others. Otherwise they look decent.

I'm going to need an explanation in the series what the tiny legs on some characters is about. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 02:00 PM   #1665
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Uh-huh. See? They’re not doing any actual research on these characters. They’re just looking at the toys from the 80s and coming up with random backstories for each one

Old 09-03-2023, 02:20 PM   #1666
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Uh-huh. See? They’re not doing any actual research on these characters. They’re just looking at the toys from the 80s and coming up with random backstories for each one

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/..._AC_SX679_.jpg
Woah!...

Were there variants of that toy or something? Cause I sure as hell don't remember the caveman brow...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 05:22 PM   #1667
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Woah!...

Were there variants of that toy or something? Cause I sure as hell don't remember the caveman brow...

It’s even included in the Ultimates figure.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 08:44 PM   #1668
Shark_Blade
Emperor

The fleshy eyebrows were definitely a choice… I’m glad I have the better version.

Spoiler:
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 10:13 PM   #1669
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's a ninja turtles movie that isn't about ninja turtles, and even seems delighted by itself that it isn't about ninja turtles.
Spot on. I didn't want to be closed-minded after reading the Rogen/Rowe interviews, but the movie turned out to be exactly what I'd imagined when reading them. A TMNT movie made by people who wanted nothing to do with TMNT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The book basically stops right before Superfly mutates. So the whole last act of the movie didn't exist when they wrote the book, which is interesting.
That's bizarre! How does it end? Is it a cliffhanger or do they skip to TMNT high school enrollment? Or is it not even an ending, like an unfinished draft?

I'm reminded of those leaked storyboards in which Rat King was the main villain, presumably before Superfly was an idea. He must've been a pretty late addition. Everything involving him felt pretty rushed, especially the kaiju fight at the end, so that makes sense now.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 12:26 AM   #1670
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
That's bizarre! How does it end? Is it a cliffhanger or do they skip to TMNT high school enrollment? Or is it not even an ending, like an unfinished draft?
All the mutants agree to go live together with the Turtles and Splinter in the sewers. And that's it.

Also, the thing where Splinter and Scumbug are dating was definitely not in the book at all.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 01:27 AM   #1671
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
All the mutants agree to go live together with the Turtles and Splinter in the sewers. And that's it.

Also, the thing where Splinter and Scumbug are dating was definitely not in the book at all.
Clearly they were still throwing stuff at the wall the whole way through in their "writer's room."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 11:02 AM   #1672
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drose18 View Post
https://bbts1.azureedge.net/images/p...9116de6393.jpg

It’s even included in the Ultimates figure.
Omg WHY. I never owned Shredder and never until now even noticed that the edge of his helmet was his flesh tone for the sake of eyebrows.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 03:16 PM   #1673
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I saw it today. It was very bad. It was just the turtles fighting some mutants. As i said without me the movie will be a failure and it is. I only appear in the last scene but that not enough.
Old 09-09-2023, 03:45 PM   #1674
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
I saw it today. It was very bad. It was just the turtles fighting some mutants. As i said without me the movie will be a failure and it is. I only appear in the last scene but that not enough.
Come on, everybody is tired of the Shredder. This new generation wants a more flashy and more intelligent villian like me Mad Dog McMutt. I pull the strings around New York. I have all the right connections. Not You! Me! They need to give the dog a bone and put me in the next movie. I could easily beat up that wimp Shredder any day of the week. His time has come to an end. The gangsters are going to take over with me in charge.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 09:26 AM   #1675
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Looks like you can blame Kevin Eastman for the turtles in high school thing

Quote:
"Well, it’s definitely [different]," Eastman tells us in the video above. "It’s something where we always loved the secrecy and secret identity of different characters like Spider-Man. He was obviously a big inspiration when it comes to having a teenager in high school, but we have tried a few concepts even on Nickelodeon where they’d have a cloaking device which made them look like teenagers and they’d go out for a Pizza Friday thing."

"But it’s always been on the cusp and we’ve never found a way to make it would that would be acceptable. I think because of the pop culture-isms of there being so many comic book universe stories that have been done in a way that’s it’s becoming more accepted, you can now cross that line and make it more of an accepted thing than you could have done even five or ten years ago."

"I think the timeliness of it was right and it was an idea we wanted to try, even adding a female Turtle into some of the original comics that we’re still working on," he continues. "The timing was right and I think it works real good. It feels story-first, organic, and not forced. It feels like it was meant to be that way."
https://comicbookmovie.com/teenage-m...5526#gs.5j4nru
Old 09-10-2023, 11:41 AM   #1676
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Detractors will downplay the impact of one of the ORIGINAL CREATORS of the TMNT wanting things to go in this direction.

"it was an idea we wanted to try"

"I think it works real good"

"It feels story-first, organic, and not forced."

"It feels like it was meant to be that way."

Straight from the horse's mouth!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 12:08 PM   #1677
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

If Kevin Eastmen was the one who thought of sending the turtles to high school then I am convinced that he has ran out of good ideas and will only be crapping on his own franchise in the future. Just like with what Akira did with Dragonball Super.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 12:29 PM   #1678
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
If Kevin Eastmen was the one who thought of sending the turtles to high school then I am convinced that he has ran out of good ideas and will only be crapping on his own franchise in the future.
Kind of like the Total Drama series.
Old 09-10-2023, 03:41 PM   #1679
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Rented it last night on streaming. Both threads seem to have spoilers so I’ll just post here.

I thought it was pretty good. I liked the overall message of accepting others and how they got there. Humor was decent. Art style is cool but some of the “doodle” designs were too exaggerated. Some stuff was too smashed and bent out of shape but most was fine and looked unique.

Spoiler:
I have no problem with them going to high school but I think they should have saved it for the sequel. It all happened a little too fast. I think a better outcome would have been if the city celebrated them...and then the sequel could have them working to integrate themselves into the public. Or time jump a little and explain how April helped them get into school.

I’m disappointed the Pizza Van was barely used. It did not even shoot pizza or anything. Actually the turtles using pizza does not make sense cause they’d be wasting their favorite food. Maybe it could be burnt or moldy pizza Anyway I thought they’d customize a delivery van and use it to go after the mutants.

I like that they stayed friends with the other mutants. Especially Bebop and Rocksteady. It’ll be interesting having them naturally be good guys. Ya know cause they didn’t change sides here. They were secretly against being evil and turned on Superfly once the turtles stood up for them.
Old 09-11-2023, 05:57 AM   #1680
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
If Kevin Eastmen was the one who thought of sending the turtles to high school then I am convinced that he has ran out of good ideas and will only be crapping on his own franchise in the future. Just like with what Akira did with Dragonball Super.
He's a cheerleader for all things TMNT the last decade. He praises the worst ideas, and comes up with equally terrible ones. I love the guy and what he created, but just because his name is attached doesn't mean it's gonna be good.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop, cubedhatesblackpeople, leatherhead, mondo gecko, rocksteady, tigercuck, wingnut