The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 11-18-2023, 12:02 PM   #341
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

So Donnie has seen the aftermath of Vincent proving himself to be worthy of being Leo's successor. But having developed a tasted for battle and blood, Vincent is out for more.

Luckily, Casey is still around and keeping him from making a colossal mistake.

Using the BING image creator, I made this image of Vincent overlooking the city. It came out way better than I expected, I gave a detailed description on what I wanted to have and this one came the closest. What made all the difference was the fact that it depicted Vincent with the strap over his left shoulder, rather than over his right, as it is with Leo.

There is a second version which I shall also post where a little mishap gave it a look all of its own.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 11-18-2023 at 12:09 PM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 02:55 PM   #342
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

And so we go on.

I KNEW from the get-go that I wanted to have a Muten Roshi/ Uncle Iroh hybrid in my Gator Tooth Sphere series. I wasn't quite sure if I was going to make him evil or not. But this scene came out so well that I went for "He's a bad guy"

Yeah, Novaeangliae, again a cetacean reference. As Megaptera novaeangliae, is the scientific name for the Humpback whale.

So why is Donnie wearing a TUX? Well, the page itself explains this odd choice of battle armor...
Old 11-25-2023, 07:14 PM   #343
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

During his lifetime, Donnie has faced some pretty tough opponents.
- A mutant monkey
- A psychic madman
- An Alligator who grabbed him by the face and shook him like a rag doll
- A Chinese warlord trapped in a dagger
- An amorous Yeti
- A warthog mutant who can turn invisible

But all of that pales to what he squared off against in the bridal shop.
Old 12-03-2023, 01:07 PM   #344
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Time for Donnie to explain to Casey and Vincent what the concept behind Stick's creation is.

Meanwhile, Stick along with Mikey and Raph arrive at their new accommodation, which is a huge step up from their previous hide-out.

Yeah, I had a lot of fun writing this scene, Stick being housed in the Hotel from "Home alone 2"
Old 12-14-2023, 07:20 PM   #345
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

So Stick, Raph and Mikey start to doubt the validity of supporting the Kraang in their conquest. But still, there ARE perks with being housed in one of the most opulent hotels of New York City and having it all for yourself. Why not enjoy it while you can?

Oh boy, this one took forever to draw and to color. Certainly that large panel, if only to get the look of the main hall of the hotel right, since it's so iconic.

What took an equally long time was that last panel of Vincent tearing the Kraang droids a new one. Of course, as any shellhead will see right away, it's a salute to the second issue of the Last Ronin series, drawn by Esau and Isaac Escorza and Luis Antonio Delgado. But with me switching Raphael for Vincent and the Foot Soldiers for Kraang droids.
Old 12-26-2023, 04:12 PM   #346
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Well, merry Christmas, everybody.

Donnie recalls what kind of role he played in Vincent's creation, and it's not anything pleasant.

I love how Evil Donnie came out here, and Casey's scowl also came out top-notch. Not an easy task when you're drawing on Boxing Day with all the family running around.
Old 01-04-2024, 11:33 AM   #347
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Happy new year, everybody.

I actually drew this page and page 347 on New Year's Eve but hadn't got around to coloring them and uploading them.

In the last page, Casey was really harsh of Donnie nearly having killed Leo. This of course upsets Donnie, but more out of worry for his brother, who he nearly murdered. Luckily Vincent is there to assure him that everything will be fine.

Meanwhile, Leo is still in recovery when a spirit comes to him but surprisingly he's not the only one who notices that spirit.

I actually hinted earlier in the story that Konami can see spirits. Here she is doing her duty as Leo's bodyguard, but you can't take down somebody who doesn't have a physical body.

Yeah, that's probably the most UN-flattering pose a girl can find herself in...
Old 01-12-2024, 06:27 PM   #348
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Continuing from where we left off. Here's Konami learning about her father's past with Hamato Yoshi. The latter acknowledging her natural talent and recalling how her dad brought in the "triple threat" after they were born.

Yeah "Hideaki"... I'm pretty sure that everybody who's familiar with "Gaki No Tsukai", knows what I did here. I named the patriarch of the Tanaka household after Jimmy Onishi, also known as the "Ten-ten" guy.

It was fun depicting Splinter as Yoshi, it's also very clear why Donnie in his Human form has the same hairstyle.
Old 01-21-2024, 09:55 AM   #349
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Well, here we are, page 350!

So the Hamato clan is in a pinch: Two of the turtles as still under Stick's control and Leo is still very seriously hurt.

Seizing the opportunity, Splinter decides to use Konami to help out a final time. While with his clone, the realization that the whole reason why he exists in the first place is a lie, is starting to set in. And that will make him more dangerous than before.

Yeah, I knew this one had to be special. So, seeing as how this year sees the 40'th anniversary of Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird creating the series, I decided to go all out.

So using the original Mirage comics as guidelines, I aped their way of drawing as closely as I could: Karai, Yarruhk, Leo and Kraang Subprime are in Eastman's style, while Baxter Stockman, Mikey, Splinter, Raph and Kraang Prime are in Peter Laird's style.

That was a lot of work.
Old 02-08-2024, 07:03 PM   #350
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Of course, anything paranormal will be noticed by April, who through telepathic means informs her teammates, who turn out to be severely understaffed.

Yeah, there's still that thing of Alien invasion going on.

This is actually a combination of two separate pages, as I had to redraw that second panel, the original depiction of April turned out so bad that I very nearly scrapped the page altogether. However, save from that detail, the rest of the page was good, so a new drawing of just that panel was all that it took.
Old 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM   #351
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

So far, the Hamato clan has seen it all in this comic: Invasion, mutagen which can turn animals into humans, Foot clan clones, so what's next, Kraang ghosts?

Luckily, this time around, it's actually not bad news.
Old 03-07-2024, 05:06 PM   #352
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Took me a while to find the inspiration to continue this story, but here we are.

Picking up where we left off, Splinter in Konami's body is ready to help out for the final time but before doing so, first is making sure that Leo has his priorities straight.

Yeah, depicting Konami in that strict stance that Splinter always had was funny, as was having April pointing out that the Tanaka sisters' English is atrocious.

So Splinter in Konami's body had just dropped a bombshell: that Karai needed healing too, even though she's not wounded.

Turns out that there was a reason behind that statement. A very wholesome reason at that.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 03-08-2024 at 09:48 AM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 03:47 AM   #353
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

And so we continue.

Splinter said that he recognized a rare ability in Konami, but has he spoken too soon?

Also, rest in peace Akira Toriyama, included here is my little tribute.

So Karai lays down the law on her Husband to be, no more deaths on the team OR ELSE!
Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM   #354
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

And so we continue.

After Splinter left Konami's body, the latter is completely drained.

Now it's time for the next pressing issue: how to explain the fact that Leo is up and running to the rest of the Hamato clan.