The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-03-2020, 07:34 PM   #1541
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Rumors now that Disney is planning to retcon the sequel trilogy as a "what if" scenario with some time travel shenanigans introduced in rebels or something like that.

Sounds completely false and doubt it'll happen but as horrible as it sounds I'd actually like it. First it would mean Disney realized they ****ed up, second while a stupid idea that wouldn't fix things really at the very least it would diminish the sequel trilogy as "events that can happen" and it's a better alternative than what we currently have. Third, in a way it would mean that the previous clusterf-ck of EU is not entirely dead.

I don't see it happening but yes, I do want this retcon, thanks for playing with my feelings clickbait sites.
Sounds like Fox trying to do Dark Phoenix over again!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:34 PM   #1542
Leo656
The Franchise

It's been nothing but Slow News Days lately. Every rumor gets a headline. Makes sense but doesn't mean even half of what people are talking about are true. They just have to generate content and there's literally nothing going on. Might as well make sh*t up.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 10:28 AM   #1543
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Actually, I could partially see them going though with something along these lines, but without erasing anything. with the veil of the force/world between worlds in place, you don't need to 'change the past at all. Just explain all of the different stories are alternate timelines connected by the veil of the force.

We saw Dark Rey of out of the mirrors in the rise of Skywalker, so there is precedent. Mara Jade is rumored to be in an upcoming episode of the mandalorian, what if it's the actual Mara Jade from the Legends/old EU timeline crossed over through the veil of the force to the universe of the mandalorian. And maybe the ashoka in that season 2 is actually from the Disney timeline, crossed over to the universe of the mandalorian, and the events of the Sequel trilogy will not occur in the universe of the mandalorian? Establishing all of these timelines (including the different worlds in the Star wars 'infinities' comics) would be a profitable storytelling tool of Disney. I could actually see them doing it.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:09 AM   #1544
Vegita-San
Emperor

the mandalorian does have references to warlords and the EU. I kind of feel like they are trying to lean more towards legends than the ST.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 05:49 PM   #1545
Leo656
The Franchise

So if they do this, then they "wasted" three of the most important and anticipated movies in history on "fanfiction" and would leave the "expanded universe" of TV shows and novels to present "What REALLY Happened."

That would be a stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, STUPID thing to do.

Almost as stupid as wasting three of the most important and anticipated movies in history on fanfiction was in the first place. Still dumb though.

Old 07-07-2020, 06:01 PM   #1546
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

No chance.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:04 PM   #1547
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Actually, I could partially see them going though with something along these lines, but without erasing anything. with the veil of the force/world between worlds in place, you don't need to 'change the past at all. Just explain all of the different stories are alternate timelines connected by the veil of the force.
Basically Abrams-Verse it like Star Trek.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:15 PM   #1548
neatoman
Emperor

Anybody thinking the franchise needs to start from scratch after this trainwreck of a movie?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:41 PM   #1549
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Anybody thinking the franchise needs to start from scratch after this trainwreck of a movie?
No, not at all. I'd prefer Star Wars never gets relaunched in my lifetime. Just find a way to give the middle finger to the third trilogy egos and wipe it out and do it again.

It'll be a mess because no Fisher and Ford probably won't bother coming back, but who cares at this point. Just fix it as best as possible.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 02:34 AM   #1550
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'd settle for new, brutally edited versions of TLJ and TROS. Maybe with new, better footage.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:48 PM   #1551
Leo656
The Franchise

I finally hit middle-age, so like my 1970s forerunners, I'm perfectly fine with No More New Star Wars.

I even like the Prequels fine, but they cost the franchise a sense of innocence and purity that had had lasted nearly two decades but can never be recaptured, so I can understand why some fans feel that they added nothing of value. And the Sequels just puked on everything, and they definitely added nothing of value. So if people wanna pretend that "Star Wars" is three movies and Nothing Else, well... I don't fully agree but there's a definite wisdom in taking that position.

But yeah, if they would just do nothing forever I think we'd all be Just Fine.

Old 07-08-2020, 05:47 PM   #1552
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm not a fan of fan edits or but I think if a fan edit of Episodes 7,8 and 9 into one 2 1/2 hour movie could be pretty awesome, and that's what episode 7 should've been. Remains of the empire, emperor back, our old heroes fight and die leaving the new cast 2 more movies to go against something new. It could work.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:08 AM   #1553
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I second that motion
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:02 AM   #1554
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
That would imply that there was something wrong with the original trilogy, and we certainly don't need that idea tempting filmmakers.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:14 AM   #1555
AquaParade
Banned

It's been fascinating yet unfortunate to watch. The franchise felt near invincible around the release of The Force Awakens. Like it was back and better than ever. Maybe the true die-hards didnt feel that way with George gone, but as a casual fan, that seemed to be the consensus.

It took the one-two punch of the most polarizing blockbuster film in memory, followed by a cluster**** of Justice League proportions to drag this beast back into the dirt. Almost surprises me that it wasn't on purpose.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:17 PM   #1556
Vegita-San
Emperor

the fact is, they screwed up.

played it safe, got over confident, found out nothing is too big to kill, found out too late, and now it's dead. and they know it.

hopefully this causes them to think twice about doing it to marvel.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 06:27 PM   #1557
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The screw up began with TFA, I know most people didn't realize it until TLJ, and a the few remaining didn't realize until TROS but after TFA it was very difficult to turn this trilogy around, any sequel would've had to do a lot and we got TLJ which did nothing, TROS tried to do something. I personally think it's the movie that tried the most and I'll respect it for that. This new trilogy feels like direct to video movies on a high budget.

It does seem like Disney seems to know they screwed up big time and they've been trying to make up for it but messing up the sequel trilogy is going to take a lot since they tainted the universe with their bad decisions. We won't know if Disney's reaction to saving star wars will work yet, it'll take a few years but Disney seems to understand they couldn't just pump out rebels vs empire and let people without vision in charge. This is the only good news, the bad news is it cost us the sequel trilogy, the thing most star wars fans have wanted, nothing in the future will ever be able to match the hype.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 03:16 AM   #1558
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

What makes me the angriest is that it didn't JUST cost us the ST. It rendered anything they could possibly offer us in between 6 and 7 (and we're talking like 30 years here) inconsequential. Yeah, they can try and do this or that... but at the end of the day we KNOW that in 7-9 the Empire is going to miraculously re-manifest and devastate everyone back into a "Rebels" state. Stupidly.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:59 PM   #1559
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Boyega says he's "done with Star Wars." Which really just means Star Wars is done with him and nothing is in the pipeline for him (and why would there be?). He makes it seem like he's "walking away" from something that wants something to do with him anymore:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/boyega-...rom-star-wars/

Not his fault, of course. He played his character fine. It's just, none of it was actually any good. And he knows it.
Old 07-21-2020, 12:11 PM   #1560
Sumac
Banned

Borgar is kind for arrogant, but I can feel pity for him - Finn was the best character in a Sequel Trilogy and he was wasted like ****.

Another sign that Disney didn't give a ****. I'd take trilogy with Finn as main character over Rey Sue Skywalker Palpatine.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote