The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #1
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Rank the Fast and Furious movies

In my opinion it is
2/3
7/4

7 gets a lot of love because of the untimeoy departure of Paul and 4 gets love because it reunites Paul and Vin but frankly i think 7 suffered becuse of Pauls death and 4 was deary.

2 gets rqgged on because Vin wouldn't come back but Paul was the bigger star before the first one came out. Tf&tf made his career. I was perfectly fine with paul being the star of the second one. Plus we got Ludacris and Tyrese.

Tokyo Drift gets ragged of cause of the lack of many of the main characters minus V7nnat the very end and Han only became a member of the gang retroactively. Again i'm cool with that. I loved the foreign setting. And new characters. Loved the race at the beginning. Zachery Ty Brian's girl was hot.
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

In order of best to worst, for me:

1. 2 Fast 2 Furious
2. Fast Five
3. The Fast & The Furious
4. Fast & Furious
5. The Fate of the Furious
6. Fast & Furious 6
7. The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift
8. Furious 7

I loved the chemistry between Brian and Roman in 2 Fast 2 Furious, though it's probably the most light-hearted of any of them (and actually I don't think a single person dies in it, unlike all of the others). Fast Five is awesome on a story level, very impressive and always enjoyable. The original still holds up as a "Point Break" update. I really enjoyed how "grown up" and dark they went with Fast & Furious... it's essentially a straight-up revenge movie, even though part 6 castrated that whole thing retroactively. Fast & Furious 6 was OK, it was fun seeing them fight their evil counterparts. I had a lot of issues with the ending sequences... a lot of logic gaps. Tokyo Drift is fine for what it is, but when you measure it against the whole franchise it is just sort of sitting there as this oddity. I wish they'd bring Sean onto the team, proper. Furious 7 was pretty weak in my book. A lot of my problems with it probably stem from them having to shut down production and rejigger the story to work around Paul's death... but it's not really a movie about anything. They act like they want to avenge Han's death and kill Shaw but... then they don't. And the Rock spends the whole movie in the hospital, just about. It all felt terribly disjointed, then mashed into the "all right, it's time to say goodbye to Paul W -- I mean, Brian!" bit at the end that felt pretty forced.

The latest one, F8 was actually really good. Far better than it had any right to be or I was expecting it to be. Actually making Shaw a good guy was lame, but they got a lot of pretty funny mileage out of it. Great set pieces. This one brought back the "caper" aspect of Fast Five, too.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:24 AM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

My friend makes me watch these, I don't watch them for myself.

But I have seen every one and he'll probably want to see 9 and 10 and 11 and 12...

Anyway, ranking?

1. Fast Five
2. #6, although I really dislike that they brought back Letty... not a fan of Michelle Rodriguez

8. #3, Tokyo Drift... hated this one. Just a complete departure from the franchise, although it's really cool in retrospect how the series looped back around to it!