The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #241
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Sublime episode this week, a refreshing standalone story that tied into the next two episodes, complete with "wibbly-wobbly" with a twist on mortality. Piper was surpassed by Tate's acting and Donna's character seeming not to really need Rose to lead her around on a leashe...though knowing what happened to The Doctor, I dont blame Rose for being much icy...her reckless urge to be with him is why he subtley killed himself slaying The Racnos.

A time-warping dung Beetle...not every day you see things like that...

Spoiler:
Next time trailer is gorgeous....

'Nuff said

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-22-2008 at 08:43 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:43 AM   #242
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Two new trailers have aired. One is a slightly longer extension of the one already uploaded, the other is a short promo
Old 06-22-2008, 01:05 PM   #243
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

[QUOTE=ZariusTwo;617233]Sublime episode this week, a refreshing standalone story that tied into the next two episodes, complete with "wibbly-wobbly" with a twist on mortality.

A time-warping dung Beetle...not every day you see things like that...

/QUOTE]

That Scarab beetle was HUGE!! Not sure what type of Scarab tho...it was kinda like a combo of several species. Body of a dung but the mouth piece of like a Chafer or a Rhino.

Loved this ep....Man they killed everybody off! Harsh! But it was kewl to see Rose again!! I love "What If" stories like that.

Next week.. everybody shows up...even Gwen Cooper and the kids! *lol*
Old 06-22-2008, 08:39 PM   #245
niolani
Random Punk

CBC isn't airing the fourth season yet. Which I found pretty annoying from them.

Well, meanwhile, I'm watching re-runs of the old show on BBC-K(ids). I love Tom Baker (fourth) and Peter Davidson (fifth), they were the best Doctors, according to me.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #246
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by niolani View Post
CBC isn't airing the fourth season yet. Which I found pretty annoying from them.

Well, meanwhile, I'm watching re-runs of the old show on BBC-K(ids). I love Tom Baker (fourth) and Peter Davidson (fifth), they were the best Doctors, according to me.
Yeah... Sci-fi is airing it but it's a couple weeks behind ATM. Im watching the old show on my local PBS station. They just started on the Peter Davidson stuff....so I have another doctor to get used to after spending the last year watching Tom Baker's eps. *L*

And incidentally I noticed something during this weeks ep of Doctor Who.
Spoiler:
When Donna and her family drove up to that er resort they were staying at for the holidays I imediatly recognized it from Sarah Jane Adventures where it was used as a retirement home.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #247
discordiatookie
facehugger

Wow, that episode was amazing. Just awesomeness all round, seeing what would've happened if Donna hadn't have been there. Loved it. Watched it with my friend Scott and his girlfriend and the lass i've been seeing, and whilst me and Scott got all the references, etc, the two girls were helpessly lost.

And since we are on old Doctors, my favourites (other than the Tennent) have to be Patrick Troughton and Peter Davidson.

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #248
ZariusTwo
Overlord

"The Stolen Earth" has aired.

Spoiler:

Hariot Jones...and Donna's hearing loud heartbeats...and mobile phones carry the sound of drums...and Torchwood's being attacked by Daleks...whose visions are certaingly NOT impaired...

Turns out Davros survived an incident we havent seen yet...he was with The Daleks during the first year of the Time War. Before his warship was destroyed, he was rescued by a time-traveling Dalek Cann (Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Whimey has even more consequences), who is now insane for breaking through the "Time-Lock" around the Time War event...meaning that history within the Time War has been changed, and can be changed more if neccersary....

Dalek Cann sees "eternal death for the most faithful companion", which means "faithful" K-9 is likely going to go through an infinite number of models...

Well, that was exceedingly stupid of you Rose...

Miss all the calls, get all jealous over people trying to do their job professionaly for The Doctor's sake, then you try a loving reunion in a fracking war zone...

No wonder we got this

Superb episode by the way.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-28-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:07 PM   #249
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Well now we know what's going on with the bees.... *sings* So long and thanks for all the honey.....

Man!! Loved this ep!
Spoiler:
And Rose going all "Hey! I was here first!" Um....Sarah Jane would say otherwise hon

Dalek Kaaaaaaaaahnnnnnnn has gone insane!! *rotflmao* A nutter of an Utrom er uh Dalek er uh brain thingy....

Harriet Jones: "Im Harriet Jones!"
Everyone including the Daleks: "We know!!"

But the ending...Oy...

Old 06-28-2008, 11:33 PM   #250
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Spoiler:
"My vision is NOT impaired"

Old 07-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #251
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Look out for RTD's earliest television apperance

"Hello"
Old 07-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #252
ZariusTwo
Overlord

"Journeys End" has aired

Spoiler:
An incredibly well paced, well acted, and well directed finale...a real treat how things felt so "regular", which to me, did a better job at meeting my expectations...it didnt tie a lot up, just what mattered to the predicament.

Nice, quiet "toys in the box" finales are much more worthwhile, and there's tons of questions coming out of this "finale", such as Whenever or not Rose will succeed in "reforming" "The Handy Doctor" or if she'll reject him because he's half Donna, half Doctor, half angry and vengeful genocide machine..we may have a new version of The Valeyard if she does. With only one life, he'll be wanting to cross into our reality and gain more.

Dalek Cann and Davros could, and likely will, escape their predicament

As most guessed (and were spoiled on), the hand was a one-time storage battery...guess now some stakes can get raised if The Doctor regenerates and loses his head over the mess he's in...

And the lack of "What, What, What" served to keep the fans firmly aware of the price recently paid with Donna's mind being wiped to keep her from overloading on The Doctor's mind and Time Lord knowledge

We also got a great Christmas Special trailer...the Cybermen are returning
Old 07-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #253
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Best... ep... ever!! OMG!

All the companions and of course even
Spoiler:
K-9 shows up to save the day!
Interesting that the Tardis was built
Spoiler:
so that it's supposed to be 6 people running it. I guess that would make sense in a way.

Neat points:
Spoiler:
Eve Myles' 2 characters, Gwen Cooper and Gwenyth, are related!!
Rose and Doctor, together foreva!! Woohoo!! Now that's a kewl way to satisfy the fans!

As for Torchwood:
I have a feeling that come the new season the 2 new peeps to the team will be
Spoiler:
Martha and Mickey.

And I just have to say that altho I found Donna annoying and didn't like her much, in the end I actually began to like her. Go figure.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:52 AM   #254
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Spoiler:
Eve Myles' 2 characters, Gwen Cooper and Gwenyth, are related!!
Rose and Doctor, together foreva!! Woohoo!! Now that's a kewl way to satisfy the fans!
[

Spoiler:
As I said, there was a lot of subtle tension in that scene that really implieed Rose isnt going to be 100% commited to this Doctor, she's "settling", and we know how dangerous this Doctor can be, how unstable is. My guess is this is to leave the door open more for a modern version of The Doctor's "darker side" which in the original series was known as The Valeyard
Old 07-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #255
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

Rose's Doctor was him when they met, I think he said that. He's messed up as he was, she'll have to work on him again but with him being half human, he'll be more likely to be "domestic" She may have the Doctor she always loved. That kiss cracked me up, how she just grabbed him!

I liked Donna. I'm bummed she's gone.

The TARDIS was always designed to be run by a crew, not a single person. This is I think the first time we see it.

I don't care for Cybermen eps, they didnt even show up this much in the original series. Daleks were the greatest ever baddie. And I doubt they're all gone.

I loved seeing Jackie, Mickey - I loved his evolution from a wank to a man, if he joins Torchwood...yay!

Now it's about time for Sarah's series! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 03:22 PM   #256
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
Rose's Doctor was him when they met, I think he said that. He's messed up as he was, she'll have to work on him again but with him being half human, he'll be more likely to be "domestic" She may have the Doctor she always loved.
I would find settling for a "domestic pet" an extemly poor reflection of somone as a person and shows how shallow they are to long for any version of the man or woman they love..she should stop searching if all she's got are breadcrumbs.

Not to mention the Ninth Doctor really WAS'NT what Tennant thought he was....he was battle-scarred and thought lowly of humans and less of Daleks, but more or less was completly level-headed. The Doctor are well known to be constant critics of one another, look at how the Second and Third incarnations resent each other

Plus if they ever go through with using that Doctor as The Valeyard, there's a ready made excuse because he chose a beach as a battleground in "The Ultimate Foe", a fitting place to call a "waiting room" due to him "waiting" beyond our reality for freedom and The Doctor's lives...and he would easily breach a time-lock considering his very mind is warped by war, being insane and genocidal is already in his nature.

Sorry, but this was NOT a "happy ending" for Rose, she got stuck with an unstable Doctor and she knew it...who knows what damage this will cause.

Quote:
I don't care for Cybermen eps, they didnt even show up this much in the original series.
Maybe if they had a little more of a diverse element to them, they'd be fine...

Old 07-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #257
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
Now it's about time for Sarah's series! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah. Can't wait for Sarah Jane Adventures season 2 (which MAY be 26 eps long!). That starts in September.

Problem is tho that Maria is gone. Yasmin Page's mom asked for too much money for her to return so they fired her, which means that the actors who played her parents are fired as well (and that's why she was only briefly mentioned by Luke in "Stolen Earth") An Indian (as in from India) family is moving into the house. Sarah, Luke, and Clyde will be making a new friend named Rani! And they're all adamant that she's not THE Rani. Her parents are Haresh and Gita Chandra.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:00 PM   #258
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I dont think The Jacksons really had much else to offer, their story was sort of tied up in the finale, Sarah, Clyde, and Luke ought to be the primary stars rather than have a new female, the audience are now famiiar with Sarah's neighbourhood

As for SJA...there's 26 episodes being filmed, but there going to be seperated into two seasons to give Elisabeth Sladen and the young cast a gap year.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:41 AM   #259
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!

Confirmed that Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge Stewart will appear in SJS Adventures! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY BRIG!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:34 AM   #260
ZariusTwo
Overlord

And here's the season two trailer for SJA

The Sontarans and The Graske make return appearances, plus a sneek look at new companion Rani (no relation)

Tags
doctor cuck, doctor karen, progress, rtd2, toxic masculinity