The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-08-2007, 03:36 AM   #81
Mendinso
Random Punk

I'll upload these in a bit, but Japan aired a new opening and ending for TMNT03.

The second opening is called "PERMANENT VACATION" by Under the Counter, and the ending is called "Natsu no Owari ga, Mada Koko ni Aru" (Summer is over, But I'm Still Here) by The Local Art.

EDIT: Added Opening 2 and Ending 2 for download on the first post.

Last edited by Mendinso; 07-08-2007 at 04:59 AM.
Mendinso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:24 AM   #82
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Song-wise, I think this opening is a definate step downward from the first one. However, the use of clips from the show and opening is done a lot better this time around (though still no "watch out for Shredder" or Casey swooping down from the sky, which were two of the more visually impressive moments from the US opening).
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:59 AM   #83
Roseangelo
Emperor

Awesome! Thank you for posting those!

I agree that the new OP isn't as good as the first, but it doesn't have the same infectious beat as the first, so it's at a bit of a disadvantage.

The new ED is far better than the first, though. And so typical of anime ED songs!! Most awesome.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #84
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Heh! I was just about to post this... I just found it right now!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:07 PM   #85
Mendinso
Random Punk

Also, the singles are up for pre-order, if anyone wants them.

Opening 2 Single:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=CRCP-10177

Ending 2 Single:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=CRCP-10178
Old 07-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #86
gobo
Wacky Action

Freakin' sweet! Domo, Mendinso-san. *bows*

Also, the first three DVDs will debut in Japan on September 5th, apparently only boasting three eps each. I'm getting one either way, but is it absurd to hope they might have full-length music videos included? O_o I'd really like to see the full video for Kamogawa's Summer Fighter.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:45 PM   #87
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
but is it absurd to hope they might have full-length music videos included? O_o I'd really like to see the full video for Kamogawa's Summer Fighter.
Is there one? I was incredibly impressed that there was such a video for Jounetsu no Kaze.

The Japanese really get shafted with DVD anime releases - I don't think special features are standard.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:43 PM   #88
Raziel
Mouser

Has anyone noticed this picture on their site? I find the crossdressing Usagi...umm...peculiar.
Raziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:00 PM   #89
Dorkfish
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
Has anyone noticed this picture on their site? I find the crossdressing Usagi...umm...peculiar.
Hehe! That is the result of one of their first Paint Chats for the Japanese TMNT Union. I've seen tons of Japanese fanart with the turtles in school uniforms and maid dresses. It seems to be a popular theme with girls. XD I...I definitely haven't contributed to it.....

Also, there is a new TMNT Japanese site list called "TMNT SEARCH"

It has a few of the same sites, but also many different ones. Here's a link:
http://green.candybox.to/kokoro_kade...kr/rrlinkr.cgi
Warning: the majority of these fanart sites are by women/girls, so there are a few with slash/shonen-ai/ (male/male love) themes, though it is usually very light and just for humorous purposes.

Last edited by Dorkfish; 07-16-2007 at 04:20 PM.
Dorkfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #90
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
I get the joke (Sailor Moon's Japanese name is "Usagi"), though I wish I didn't.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:48 PM   #91
Herr_Shredder
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkfish View Post
Thanks Roselangelo!
I found the "Jounetsu No Kaze" cd at http://www.playasia.com with much cheaper shipping. ($2.60 as opposed to $11+ at cd japan.) They also have the Live action movies in Japanese and Cantonese, but you need an all region or region 2 dvd player.

And thanks for the link to the Japanese dub, Herr Shredder!!

yay attention!

Still thank the youtube poster, forgotten his name long ago due to PC problems and the like.

Still who liked the dub? And who understands Japanese?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:49 PM   #92
Mendinso
Random Punk

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who understands japanese here.

For the most part, I have been enjoying the japanese dub for the series. There's been some minor problems I have, being some of the casting on a couple of the turtles, as well as April's voice actor. April's voice, in my honest opinion, can come off too old sounding. Also, the acting of her character, sometimes comes off a bit dry... However, she does seem to pull off the comediac aspect of April well enough.

As for the scripting itself, it seems to be alright. It's been awhile since I saw the episodes in english, so I can't comment on how much the dub was changed from the english version. Though, there's on distinct absent, is the episode credits at the beginning of the episode. I'd assume they got a clean master, since the episode title is actually placed here.

Something else that did bug me about the dub, was Takara seems rather confused on what to do with this aspect in the series. In the japanese version, after episode 1, the characters have their name appear in Katakana when they first appear in the episode, but this is really inconsistant. Some episodes, they don't do this at all, while others, they do it for every major character.

The opening and endings, however... I do like them a whole lots better than the english version. Though, the english version doesn't exactly have an ending theme, so I suppose Japan has that advantage. Probably why I like the japanese openings better, is probably because Takara hired actual bands to perform the music for the series, rather than give it an inhouse song. Not to mention, it was a relief always hearing a TMNT song about the show itself, and the lack of "turtles". (Even the TMNT OVA was guilty of this..)

Currently, Japan is on Episode 17 (I think..), just for people who want an update on how far they are...
Old 07-18-2007, 10:09 PM   #93
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendinso View Post
Nah, you're not alone.

I don't live in Japan, so I've only been able to watch episode 1 in Japanese as it was posted on You Tube some time ago (and subsequently removed). I haven't been able to see any of the other episodes, unfortunately, so I can't chime in on how the series is progressing in Japanese.

I believe I already posted my opinion on the Japanese dub and script a few pages, back.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:43 AM   #94
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I suspect not. More likely you're the only one who understands Japanese and has access to the episodes as they air.

Quote:
the characters have their name appear in Katakana when they first appear in the episode, but this is really inconsistant.
Wait...they use katatana even for Japanese characters, or do those get proper Kanji (assuming their names have Kanji, anyway--if not, Hiragana)? Or have they just not added captions for Oroku Saki or Hamato Yoshi?

Quote:
Probably why I like the japanese openings better, is probably because Takara hired actual bands to perform the music for the series, rather than give it an inhouse song.
Wait, so the OPs were created specifically for the show--they weren't pre-existing songs?

Quote:
Currently, Japan is on Episode 17 (I think..), just for people who want an update on how far they are...
Yeah, if my calculations are correct and the show has aired every week, episode 17, The Shredder Strikes Back, pt. 1, should air next Monday. It'd be interesting to know the reactions to that. Season 2, by the way, should begin airing on October 1. By the way, can you tell me if the episode titles are changed? I got the impression that they'd at least changed Things Change, but since I really don't understand the language, I can't make sure.

You know, there is one specific moment whose translation I'd like to see: the moment when Gen calls Casey "Saru". I mean, Casey can't misunderstand Japanese if that's what he speaks, and Gen can't say "monkey" in any other language because he's specifically Japanese.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #95
Mendinso
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Bad View Post
Wait...they use katatana even for Japanese characters, or do those get proper Kanji (assuming their names have Kanji, anyway--if not, Hiragana)? Or have they just not added captions for Oroku Saki or Hamato Yoshi?
I don't think they got captioned. I'll double check when I get a chance...

Quote:
Wait, so the OPs were created specifically for the show--they weren't pre-existing songs?
Pretty much, they're made for the show. It's not common for a band to create a song for a show in Japan. It helps promote their band and their singles as well. PowerPuff Girls also had songs made specifically for the show when it aired in Japan on TV-Tokyo, though restricted to the opening/ending mainly, in the case of TMNT as well. Still... I wonder what Takara's going to do with the in episode songs...
Old 07-22-2007, 05:05 PM   #96
Dorkfish
Foot Soldier

I heard that many Japanese fans of the new toon are seeing the TMNT movie for the first time on the internet and really love it. (piracy! Oh noes!) Someone has recently fansubbed it in Japanese and has released it on the web. I don't know why the movie wasn't released in Japan. Or was it? I know the games for it were. O_o?

The popularity of the turtles is growing. I hear that some people in Korea are working on a doujinshi to be released this winter. Several Japanese girls are planning to do so as well! Woohoo!

I did a paintchat with some Japanese fans yesterday. I posted it in the fanworks thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=21001

:3
Old 07-22-2007, 05:07 PM   #97
Roseangelo
Emperor

I think the new movie is being released in Japan in August, but I'm not 100% sure. But I don't think it's an issue of not releasing it, just an issue of a later release.

Very good to hear that the show is being well-received over seas!!
Old 07-22-2007, 09:13 PM   #98
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Japan usually gets all American movies later than just about everybody else. Often times as late as a year after the rest of the world. Why this is, I dunno.

There are some exceptions, of course. They were actually the first country to receive Spider-Man 3 (even got it before the US), but that might have more to do with the film being released by Sony.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:48 AM   #99
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Quote:

The opening and endings, however... I do like them a whole lots better than the english version. Though, the english version doesn't exactly have an ending theme, so I suppose Japan has that advantage. Probably why I like the japanese openings better, is probably because Takara hired actual bands to perform the music for the series, rather than give it an inhouse song. Not to mention, it was a relief always hearing a TMNT song about the show itself, and the lack of "turtles". (Even the TMNT OVA was guilty of this..)

I do like when Japan made its own openings and closings to TV shows, especially the theme to the 1970's Filmation Batman (dispite the multiple broken english puns). Some shows in the US have had unique end themes, different from the opening, but they are too few to Count (Ren and Stimpy, and Doug, I think... and Heathcliff had the same music, but animation during end titles).

We unfortunately never get that anymore, due to the obsession with trying to bookend ads for TV shows at the end instead of proper credit sequences.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:17 AM   #100
Mendinso
Random Punk

I got bored, so I translated all the japanese titles into english. You can read them in the first post.

Also, I'm ganna post the preview for Episode 17 in a bit. The interaction between the turtles is halarious.

"Owarenai Vacatio ....OUCH!!, Oi, Donatello, didn't you say you fixed the Shower?!"

"Now what's the problem?!"

EDIT:

Quote:
I do like when Japan made its own openings and closings to TV shows, especially the theme to the 1970's Filmation Batman (dispite the multiple broken english puns).
Ah yes. How can I ever forget "Butt Man". It's bad, but it's bad in a good way. I actually perfer it over the US Intro.

Last edited by Mendinso; 07-25-2007 at 03:23 AM.

Tags
4kids, japan