The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-20-2020, 05:49 AM   #421
Sharman
Foot Soldier

Yeah, I'm with Andrew on this one. Hper-violent could mean any number of things in this particular set-up.
Still. Looking. Forward. To. It. Though.
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 06:01 AM   #422
AquaParade
Banned

Nah, he's not going to call it hyper violent because a bunch of robots getting blown up. There will be some blood. Really doesn't need to read much harder than pg-13 to capture the tone of those old Mirage books, if it is done tastefully. Those comics have a lot of violence and blood but it never felt taboo to read as a kid or anything, imo.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 06:41 AM   #423
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I suspect the bad guys will do terrible things... bloody things. Because that's fine. The Turtle... killing a lot of robots in badass poses, closeups on cutting off robot arms and legs. Maybe monsters. That might be the go to. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 08-20-2020 at 06:51 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:46 AM   #424
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
"Tom and I approached this story and it's going to be set into the future like 20 years or so. It?s going to be dark, edgy, and is specifically and solely directed towards the original turtles audience, the older audience that lean more towards the Mirage Universe, the IDW Universe but it is going to be an independent universe within itself and it?s going to be hyper-violent, epic, it?s going to be something that touches on things that a lot of fans can relate to but it is a wholly and solely a story that is dedicated to the heart and soul of all things turtles. I?m not sure if this is Tom and I?s swan song but it is something Tom and I have been thinking about for about 2 years so this story is going to be everything that every fan has ever wanted to see with the turtles."

I don't know... I'm skeptical. Hyper-violent PG-13, maybe. Why make all the Foot Soldiers into robots if it was going to be balls to the walls? Seems like a workaround since the Turtle wouldn't be allowed to kill any people.
Do we know they?re all robots or are you basing that off the variant cover that also had Leatherhead and Rocksteady?

Think the skepticism is warranted though.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:56 AM   #425
AquaParade
Banned

I agree that the worry is warranted, because this is Nickelodeon we are dealing with, but I'm also thinking Kevin wouldn't blow so much smoke up our ass and keep bringing up old Mirage fans when it is something he is directly working on and has some level of authorized control over.

If Viacom have in fact let loose the reigns a bit, and let Kevin please old school fans with this comic, it'd be a pretty interesting step for the franchise under their ownership, and even more so when you consider Batman v TMNT was able to step up the maturity in the children's animation arena as well just last year.

But you also have to consider that Nickelodeon has had no issue reprinting Mirage or Image TMNT material. In the second issue of City at War, the turtles visit a blown up sex shop and a few issues later we see Foot Ninja heads literally being "popped" by robots while foot ninja spray bullets every which way. The turtles make blowjob jokes in the Image comic. All this printed in books with Nickelodeon logos inside. This is the same market the comicbooks like The Last Ronin are going to. Is there really much difference between printing violence and sex in the old stuff vs printing violence in the new stuff? Maybe Viacom realized the answer is "no."

Last edited by AquaParade; 08-20-2020 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-22-2020, 11:58 PM   #426
stormbringer
Foot Soldier

Based on the previews and interviews, it seems like it'll be pretty good. Fingers crossed.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:55 AM   #427
AquaParade
Banned

You'd think we'd see a new preview by now. Sounds like they replaced Kuhn a while ago.
Old 08-23-2020, 01:54 PM   #428
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Do we know they?re all robots or are you basing that off the variant cover that also had Leatherhead and Rocksteady?

Think the skepticism is warranted though.
There are two covers with Foot robots. Seems a sure thing.
Old 08-23-2020, 02:18 PM   #429
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Watch this turtle be Jennika lol
Enscripture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 04:01 PM   #430
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There are two covers with Foot robots. Seems a sure thing.
Seems likely but just making sure I didn?t miss something that was revealed about the project or if assumptions were being made based on variant covers.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 04:29 PM   #431
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enscripture View Post
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:53 PM   #432
rs_jr
Random Punk

in the Mirage comics if I'm remembering this correctly we saw old one eyed Raph, old blind Donni and he meets old Leo and gives him a sword, so all three were shown old in the Mirage comics.

Has the Mirage comics ever shown older mikey?

Is the last ting we know about Mikey is him going into space and we don't know what happened afterwards ?
rs_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:56 PM   #433
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_jr View Post
in the Mirage comics if I'm remembering this correctly we saw old one eyed Raph, old blind Donni and he meets old Leo and gives him a sword, so all three were shown old in the Mirage comics.

Is the last ting we know about Mikey is him going into space and we don't know what happened afterwards ?
That is correct.
Old 08-23-2020, 07:56 PM   #434
AquaParade
Banned

Idk but I hope Mirage never gets a proper canon ending. I love how strange and mysterious it is.
Old 08-23-2020, 09:55 PM   #435
rs_jr
Random Punk

well i hope it continues to everyone that enjoys it.

Hopefully for people like me that tried to get into multiple times and couldn't get a other series from IDW like how they continued GIJOE RAH or once they collect volume 4 and hopeful add issues to finish it ( i think PL mentioned 4 more issues to go) they end up giving us the 18 issues of Mirage per year
Old 08-24-2020, 09:36 AM   #436
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Idk but I hope Mirage never gets a proper canon ending. I love how strange and mysterious it is.
Technically the last issue with all the "old Turtles" we've seen through Tales over the years are the end of the Mirage universe anyway. People should just read whatever last issue we saw old Raph, Don, Leo, etc. in.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:21 PM   #437
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:

Yeah that's it. There are a few issues of Tales of the TMNT vol 2 thar imply he made it back. Swan Song if I recall. And the side story of the reprint of Tales Vol 1 showed him pretty old and implied he outlived Raph, although not Leo or Don. It's all speculation though.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 03:08 AM   #438
rs_jr
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Yeah that's it. There are a few issues of Tales of the TMNT vol 2 thar imply he made it back. Swan Song if I recall. And the side story of the reprint of Tales Vol 1 showed him pretty old and implied he outlived Raph, although not Leo or Don. It's all speculation though.
I though that side story from the reprint of tales with the older turtles was a computer simulation and not necessarily a old memory unless i am misremembering
Old 08-25-2020, 03:09 AM   #439
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enscripture View Post
Impossible. Doesn't exist in Mirage, never will, and this is supposed to be universe ambiguous.
Old 08-25-2020, 03:23 PM   #440
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
I though that side story from the reprint of tales with the older turtles was a computer simulation and not necessarily a old memory unless i am misremembering
Yes true. The impression I got was that Don was seeing them in order they died based on their appearance. But who knows really
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote