The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 11:46 AM   #41
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior
 
papa_smurf73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 933
What a strange coincidence I came upon this thread. I recently picked up a Genghis frog, and a few other figures. In the mix of them was Genghis's card board pop-up. I had never seen one before so I was happy to get it. I see we have pictures of it here, but maybe I'll shoot a few for for fun.
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:54 AM   #42
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 11,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_smurf73 View Post
What a strange coincidence I came upon this thread. I recently picked up a Genghis frog, and a few other figures. In the mix of them was Genghis's card board pop-up. I had never seen one before so I was happy to get it. I see we have pictures of it here, but maybe I'll shoot a few for for fun.
Cool! I have seen the picture, but I can't make out the text. Could you transcribe it for us? Also, more pictures are always appreciated!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:44 PM   #43
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior
 
papa_smurf73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 933
Here they are

Genghis Frog
Secret Spec: Super cool under pier pressure

Genghis Frog is going to have to boogie to save
April from being munched by a rat-breathed
Mouser, but he's too cool a dude to let a rude
robot trash the place. It'll be a totally tubular
tangle as Genghis takes this rat trap apart. But
since Mousers rarely travel alone, shouldn't April
call the Turtles for help?





papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #44
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 11,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_smurf73 View Post
Here they are

Genghis Frog
Secret Spec: Super cool under pier pressure

Genghis Frog is going to have to boogie to save
April from being munched by a rat-breathed
Mouser, but he's too cool a dude to let a rude
robot trash the place. It'll be a totally tubular
tangle as Genghis takes this rat trap apart. But
since Mousers rarely travel alone, shouldn't April
call the Turtles for help?
Oh, you are officially my favorite person of the day!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:28 PM   #45
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 624
These are so freaking cool! I never had these as a child, id like to get them now but once a saw the price on these on myteefinestuff I had 2nd thoughts! There just to dang high, I mean Splinter on there is $85.00!!! Now I know it is mytee and he is high on some things but I also saw a Shredder with the display on Ebay not long ago and they wanted $100.00 before shipping for him. There really cool but just out of this guys price range.
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:04 PM   #46
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior
 
papa_smurf73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Oh, you are officially my favorite person of the day!
haha glad I could share this with you guys.

Actually I should add that you made my day. I had no idea where the cardboard pop-up came from. It was great to roll up on this thread and find out. This forum is so flippin cool!
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #47
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 11,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
A better photo of Ace duck with pop-up display
Dude, that's so awesome, Bill! Great find!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:52 PM   #48
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior
 
papa_smurf73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 933
that is so sweet! So want one
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #49
Bill
Stone Warrior
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 656
Leatherhead comes with a pop-up display of Mike, I am not sure.

Check out this 1989 tmnt toy commercial at 0:20 you have 10 of the 17 figures that came with the pop-up, each one with his own display shown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdJqC...eature=related

Anyone knows with which character come Shredder and Rocksteady with pop-up display?

Last edited by Bill; 06-22-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:43 PM   #50
AT-Man
I SEEN IT
 
AT-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_smurf73 View Post
Jesus, I laughed out loud to "Collect them all... or else!"
__________________

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #51
ClearStar
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 204
Anyone ever find out if Foot Soldier or April came with a pop up?
__________________
www.NinjaTurtleFigures.com
All your figure needs MOC or parts.
Want to sell a few of your items on our site? Email for details.
ClearStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #52
tmntgoldcoin
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 622
I'm 100% positive they never did. Same with Krang. People like to claim they swear they've seen these, but sadly they were never released.
tmntgoldcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #53
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,693
I've never seen Foot Soldier, April, or Krang either. I've heard claims they exist, but I've never even seen pictures of them.

Last edited by MrPliggins; 06-21-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: grammar
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #54
Bill
Stone Warrior
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 656
17 figures (8 from 1988 and 9 from 1989 came with the pop-up display). Although it repeats the characters shown in them, all the pop-up displays are different .

1988
1) Leonardo comes w/ pop-up display of Foot Soldier
2) Donatello comes w/pop-up display of Krang
3) Raphael comes w/ pop-up display of pop-up display of Shredder
4) Michaelangelo comes w/ Rocksteady
5) Splinter comes w/ pop-up display of Bebop
6) Shredder comes w/pop-up display of...........?
7) Bebop comes w/pop-up display of Raphael leaping
Rocksteady comes w/pop-up display of..............?


1989
9) Ace Duck comes w/pop-up display of Krang Android´s Body
10) Casey Jones comes w/pop-up display of two Foot Soldiers tied up
11) Genghis Frog comes w/pop-up display of a mouser
12) Metalhead comes w/pop-up display of Rocksteady pointing with a gun
13) Usagy Yojimbo w/pop-up display of Shredder knocked down
14) Baxter Stockman wpop-up display of Splinter
15) General Traag comes w/pop-up display of Raphael
16) Rat King comes w/pop-up display of Leonardo
17) Letaherhead comes w/pop-up display of.............?

Check out myteefinestuff.com, it got all of them.
No Krang, April or Foot Soldier came with pop-up.
Just like there is no soft head version April, Krang or Foot Soldier either.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #55
Loco
Mad Scientist
 
Loco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: France - BZH
Posts: 1,132
that is cool guys , never hear about theses before. you made my day ^^ lol.
__________________
http://tmntfamilia.forumfamilly.net/
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Yo, this guy is off the chain, son!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgoose View Post
can I have an authograph?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Best. Thread. Ever.

https://www.facebook.com/loco.artz
Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #56
Bill
Stone Warrior
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 656
A close up photo of the Raphael pop-up display I´ve found on ebay.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #57
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 11,694
Thanks for the contribution, Bill!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #58
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,763
So THAT'S what the pop-up display's are. I always wondered what they actually were, because the only ones I've ever seen are unopened cards on eBay. So it's basically a scene included with the figure.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #59
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior
 
The Purple Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the streets in norway 😉
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
17 figures (8 from 1988 and 9 from 1989 came with the pop-up display). Although it repeats the characters shown in them, all the pop-up displays are different .

1988
1) Leonardo comes w/ pop-up display of Foot Soldier
2) Donatello comes w/pop-up display of Krang
3) Raphael comes w/ pop-up display of pop-up display of Shredder
4) Michaelangelo comes w/ Rocksteady
5) Splinter comes w/ pop-up display of Bebop
6) Shredder comes w/pop-up display of...........?
7) Bebop comes w/pop-up display of Raphael leaping
Rocksteady comes w/pop-up display of..............?


1989
9) Ace Duck comes w/pop-up display of Krang Android´s Body
10) Casey Jones comes w/pop-up display of two Foot Soldiers tied up
11) Genghis Frog comes w/pop-up display of a mouser
12) Metalhead comes w/pop-up display of Rocksteady pointing with a gun
13) Usagy Yojimbo w/pop-up display of Shredder knocked down
14) Baxter Stockman wpop-up display of Splinter
15) General Traag comes w/pop-up display of Raphael
16) Rat King comes w/pop-up display of Leonardo
17) Letaherhead comes w/pop-up display of.............?

Check out myteefinestuff.com, it got all of them.
No Krang, April or Foot Soldier came with pop-up.
Just like there is no soft head version April, Krang or Foot Soldier either.
cool i dident know of this this was my lession of the day and thank bill fore writing this so i did get full overview
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #60
Bill
Stone Warrior
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzythebulldog View Post
cool i dident know of this this was my lession of the day and thank bill fore writing this so i did get full overview
You are welcome!
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.