The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
IMJ
Hench Mutant
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 492
Playmates Technodrom Manual

I confess that this is a pain in the ass request, but I'm really hoping that someone can help me out with this one...

Does anyone have the assembly and parts instructions that came with the Technodrome? If so, can someone please scan it and post each page here, or maybe email the scans to me?

I'd like them because I've got a Technodrome that needs assembly (not hard) but also might need pieces, and I'd like to know what I'm missing (hard). The manual would go miles towards helping me piece together my drome.

If someone has enough patience to scan each page and get 'em here I'd really appreciate it.

-Hey- If you can't ask someone here for scans like this, who can ya ask?-

Last edited by IMJ; 02-15-2010 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Tried to correct my crummy spelling of this thread's title
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
IMJ
Hench Mutant
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 492
No takers?
Being that there are some hard core TMNT collectors here, someone has to have that badboy!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
nofuture4u
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 498
I have it. I didn't realize my printer had a scanner on it. I'll get it on here for you in a little bit buddy.
nofuture4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
nofuture4u
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 498
Technodrome instruction scans

If you can't make out the images due to the size I can email you the full size file.




I have two dome lasers and a brain scrambler if you need them.

Last edited by nofuture4u; 02-17-2010 at 11:48 AM.
nofuture4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:18 PM   #5
IMJ
Hench Mutant
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 492
Nofuture... you are pretty much the man. This will go a long way in helping me figure out whether or not I've got a complete Technodrome.

Thank you very much!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:41 PM   #6
nofuture4u
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 498
you inspired me to start a thread with a bunch of different scans. it's called playmates scans
nofuture4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #7
IMJ
Hench Mutant
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofuture4u View Post
you inspired me to start a thread with a bunch of different scans. it's called playmates scans
Awesome... I saw that. I could use some additional manuals myself. I've got a ton of vehicles in a tote, and I have no idea what I'm missing from them...

Maybe a mod could combine this thread with that one to save some space? Keep Future's thread title though...
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:53 AM   #8
TheAmazingFlow
Mouser
 
TheAmazingFlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 9
Does anyone have the technodrome blueprints/scans in bigger resolution? I can't really make out the text in the scans above.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me!
__________________
TheAmazingFlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #9
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
I think the technodrome has one corner black platform and one purple one. After nearly completing mine it made more sense for it to have double those platforms. It really completed the look.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:09 PM   #10
IMJ
Hench Mutant
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 492
So I am resurrecting a thread I started almost ten years ago now. I've had my Technodrome on the burner for a L-O-N-G time now. This is about as close to complete as I plan on getting with it - and it's damn close.

I just got done with these images tonight, and although I have a plan for this piece in the immediate future, I wanted to share my 1990 Playmates Technodrome with you guys. Ten years in the making....


Last edited by IMJ; 09-17-2019 at 11:22 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:46 AM   #11
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
So I am resurrecting a thread I started almost ten years ago now. I've had my Technodrome on the burner for a L-O-N-G time now. This is about as close to complete as I plan on getting with it - and it's damn close.

I just got done with these images tonight, and although I have a plan for this piece in the immediate future, I wanted to share my 1990 Playmates Technodrome with you guys. Ten years in the making....

https://i.imgur.com/ZuSI0KG.jpg
One of the most sought after playsets from the year 1990. The Technodrome was grossly out of scale, but 90 was almost a great year for Foot Clan fans. The 11 inch Krangs Android Body being sold in 1990 would have made that year for people who favored the villains in the cartoon and toy line over the heroes. Instead, Turtles fans had to wait one year (early release in December of 1991) for a new repainted version of the 1989 Krang figure to be included with the newly made 11 inch Android Body. Playmates missed out big time on that one.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #12
IMJ
Hench Mutant
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
One of the most sought after playsets from the year 1990.
Um. Sure, I suppose so. I'm not really sure how many other playsets in general were released in that year, let alone in toy lines of merit.

I recall at the time feeling like it was too late for it because by my perception interest in TMNT had begun to wane a bit.

Mikey0, you are a curious guy, but can I ask how old you are brother?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:39 PM   #13
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Um. Sure, I suppose so. I'm not really sure how many other playsets in general were released in that year, let alone in toy lines of merit.

I recall at the time feeling like it was too late for it because by my perception interest in TMNT had begun to wane a bit.

Mikey0, you are a curious guy, but can I ask how old you are brother?
The early 90s, as a whole, were weak for playsets. The late 80s were only a little better for toy buyers then. The 1987 Hasbro G.I. Joe ARAH Defiant Shuttle Complex, 1987 Hasbro Air Raiders Command Compost, 1988 Matchbox Pee Wees Playhouse, 1989 Kenner Police Academy Precinct Police Station, 1989 Toy Biz Batman Batcave, and lastly 1989 Playmates TMNT Sewer Playset all made the late 80s a step down from what was offered to toy collectors in the mid 80s, but a step above everything from the early 90s. The unreleased 1988 or 1989 Galoob Star Trek TNG action environment play sets could have changed things further if the original Star Trek TNG toy line took off.

In 1990, there was the Mattel Computer Warriors Computer Playset, Kenner Beetlejuice Vanishing Vault Playset, Toy Biz Marvel Superheroes Training Center, and the Mattel Starship Eternia and Nordor playsets. The Technodrome was the most memorable play set of 1990 and all of the 1990s. The 90s were not the action figure decade like the 1980s were.

Im older than most members on here, Im sure. Im 53.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:11 PM   #14
IMJ
Hench Mutant
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
The early 90s, as a whole, were weak for playsets. The late 80s were only a little better for toy buyers then. The 1987 Hasbro G.I. Joe ARAH Defiant Shuttle Complex, 1987 Hasbro Air Raiders Command Compost, 1988 Matchbox Pee Wees Playhouse, 1989 Kenner Police Academy Precinct Police Station, 1989 Toy Biz Batman Batcave, and lastly 1989 Playmates TMNT Sewer Playset all made the late 80s a step down from what was offered to toy collectors in the mid 80s, but a step above everything from the early 90s. The unreleased 1988 or 1989 Galoob Star Trek TNG action environment play sets could have changed things further if the original Star Trek TNG toy line took off.

In 1990, there was the Mattel Computer Warriors Computer Playset, Kenner Beetlejuice Vanishing Vault Playset, Toy Biz Marvel Superheroes Training Center, and the Mattel Starship Eternia and Nordor playsets. The Technodrome was the most memorable play set of 1990 and all of the 1990s. The 90s were not the action figure decade like the 1980s were.

Im older than most members on here, Im sure. Im 53.
Great post here, thank you brother.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:37 PM   #15
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Great post here, thank you brother.
Thanks. Im glad you liked it.

The mid 80s were the best era of the latter half of the 20th century for play sets. There was the 1984 Kenner Super Powers Hall of Justice, 1984 Remco Fortress of Doom Playset, 1984 Galoob Golden Girl Palace of Gems, 1984 Matchbox Voltron Castle of Lions, 1984 Mattel Secret Wars Tower of Doom, 1985 Hasbro G.I. Joe ARAH USS Flagg, 1985 Coleco Sectaurs Hyve Action Playset, 1985 Matchbox Robotech SDF-1 Playset, 1986 Mattel MOTU Eternia, 1986 LJN Thundercats Electronic Cats Lair, and [Late] 1986 Kenner The Real Ghostbusters Firehouse Playset to name a few. Of course, none of those play sets were as iconic as the 1978 Kenner Star Wars Death Star Playset or the 1982 Mattel MOTU Castle Grayskull. Needless to say, mankind will never again witness an era for playsets like the mid 80s.

It would be neat to see the 1989 Sewer Playset and 1990 Technodrome be given a LEGO release that looks similar to the 1991 Giochi Preziosi Building Block TMNT sets from Italy.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.