The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-27-2017, 12:43 PM   #1921
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Utroms with fingers are kinda creepy
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:58 PM   #1922
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I'm getting uneasy now reading all the issues. Mine should be shipping any day I hope. I got charged for it almost a week ago.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 01:04 PM   #1923
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Reptile View Post
Sorry to hear so many are having issues with their Donnies. Ugggh...

Got mine yesterday too. A few minor things (one box corner slightly dinged; thumb hand was loose and rattling around the box which TERRIFIED me picking it up off the doorstep initially, since I wasn't sure what was up; a few fingerprint hits on his chest shell paint; the paint on the gravity gun feels a tad sticky and tacky, and actually rubbed off somewhat on the bubble it was nesting in), but all in all, he seems ok.

The construction feels about the same as Leo to me. Joints are still a mixture of loose in places and too tight in others. Paint seems less delicate though, which is good. Feels less likely to scratch or chip (like Leo's sword handles and blades). Looks glossier.

I'll be interested to see how Mikey stacks up soon following Donnie. I get the feeling these were suddenly rushed to get them out ASAP, since the paint seems almost too fresh (noticeable odor) and the obvious packaging issues people are experiencing (loose accessories, etc.).

If I may offer some polite and genuine advice to Mondo, slow down with Mikey and make sure things set (namely paint) and packaging the accessories is done correctly (some things that come loose in shipping may end up less forgiving than an extra hand). We've waited this long - we can wait a tad longer if it means getting a better quality figure in hand, top to bottom.

I fear they're going to blast the other 2 out of a cannon now and we're going to experience unnecessary issues because they're trying to rush them. That said, the figure is still awesome. I'm happy with mine. And I'm still glad to have him, without a single doubt. Even for the price I paid. He and Leo look great together.
MONDO already shown a Michelangelo final sample shipped to them so its too late ay this point. Porbably on a boat leaving China as we speak
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:33 PM   #1924
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
MONDO already shown a Michelangelo final sample shipped to them so its too late ay this point. Porbably on a boat leaving China as we speak
I saw the post on Instagram yesterday but wasn't aware that was final. All it said was that Mikey "isn't far behind" and was shipping this summer. Here's hoping Mikey is ok then. Shouldn't be too long to find out now.
Wretched Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:12 PM   #1925
brockotter
Foot Soldier

Hey dudes. Happy Don has finally landed!

A few things- if the thumbs up hand is missing, that's unacceptable and we'll get those replaced asap.

if it's loose in the box- seems the factory forgot to put a lil sheet of plastic over it, to prevent them from popping out. My samples had that happen to a few too. Crap like this happens, and it sucks for everyone (me included), but at least you can pop it back in the tray. My Mikey samples have the plastic **** over the extra hand, and it's great.

As for other issues- no idea about that melted shoulder. That's bizarre, but we'll take care of you. The staff holder- so far, that's the only one I've seen like that, so hopefully it's isolated.

Paint, face seams, articulation- these are all things we improved. If there are still issues with some of those on your figure, then I apologize, but the samples I reviewed, and the production samples I had pulled from the line all passed muster. But as you know, or should know, our customer service rules, and will help you get satisfied in anyway possible.

I'm writing a blog right now, updating a bunch of our products, including Mikey and Raph. A little preview of it- we were able to change the material in the heads to make them easier to swap, and they both look great. For those of you who didn't like Raph being so bright green, well, I'm not sure you'll be totally happy, but in the process of production, the green did darken a tad. I think it looks great, and may make so of the naysayers about the color a bit less naysay-y (naysayerly? naysay-like?).

Anyway, hope you guys like Don, and you'll have the family complete and together before summer's end!
brockotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:42 PM   #1926
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Raph's skin color looked fine, especially when the figures was shown with their respective 1988 figure counterpart. Standing in a direct spot light he may look a bit bright, but most images he looks great. I really don't understand the complaining.

But I guess a darker skin tone makes him blend in more with the other Turtles?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:15 PM   #1927
brockotter
Foot Soldier

It's not that darker. Just slightly (very slightly) less neon. If you liked the color, you'll have no issues with this, I feel.
brockotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #1928
Chris
Mad Scientist

Got my shipping notice this morning. Really looking forward to his arrival now.

And having all 4 by the end of summer?! That will be awesome! Can't wait to have them all together on the shelf!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:08 PM   #1929
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
Hey dudes. Happy Don has finally landed!

A few things- if the thumbs up hand is missing, that's unacceptable and we'll get those replaced asap.

if it's loose in the box- seems the factory forgot to put a lil sheet of plastic over it, to prevent them from popping out. My samples had that happen to a few too. Crap like this happens, and it sucks for everyone (me included), but at least you can pop it back in the tray. My Mikey samples have the plastic **** over the extra hand, and it's great.

As for other issues- no idea about that melted shoulder. That's bizarre, but we'll take care of you. The staff holder- so far, that's the only one I've seen like that, so hopefully it's isolated.

Paint, face seams, articulation- these are all things we improved. If there are still issues with some of those on your figure, then I apologize, but the samples I reviewed, and the production samples I had pulled from the line all passed muster. But as you know, or should know, our customer service rules, and will help you get satisfied in anyway possible.

I'm writing a blog right now, updating a bunch of our products, including Mikey and Raph. A little preview of it- we were able to change the material in the heads to make them easier to swap, and they both look great. For those of you who didn't like Raph being so bright green, well, I'm not sure you'll be totally happy, but in the process of production, the green did darken a tad. I think it looks great, and may make so of the naysayers about the color a bit less naysay-y (naysayerly? naysay-like?).

Anyway, hope you guys like Don, and you'll have the family complete and together before summer's end!
Brock thanks for following up as always. I love the level of interaction you have with the fan base here. Roxy is taking care of me, so far the service has been great. Overall I really love this style and appreciate the work you put in to get these to happen.

I havent heard a lot of complaining about Don's all over, but a few of us here so I am sure the line is healthy overall.

Keep doing these things, even if we are here nit picking haha

I a super excited to get these in house. Between these, NECA 1/4 scales, Sideshow statues and Figuarts all these past 2 years I am really running out of shelf space haha

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:12 PM   #1930
cloud
Stone Warrior

Good to hear from you Brock.
I am looking forward to seeing new and improved Donnie which I wont see until Friday.
As for Raph's colours I will have to see him in person to decide. As far as I can tell it pays homage to the Playmates green tone and I dont see anything wrong with it.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:14 PM   #1931
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Raph's skin color looked fine, especially when the figures was shown with their respective 1988 figure counterpart. Standing in a direct spot light he may look a bit bright, but most images he looks great. I really don't understand the complaining.

But I guess a darker skin tone makes him blend in more with the other Turtles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockotter View Post
It's not that darker. Just slightly (very slightly) less neon. If you liked the color, you'll have no issues with this, I feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Good to hear from you Brock.
I am looking forward to seeing new and improved Donnie which I wont see until Friday.
As for Raph's colours I will have to see him in person to decide. As far as I can tell it pays homage to the Playmates green tone and I dont see anything wrong with it.
Brock I am pretty sure I was the only one that complained about being neon Raph. I dont think it was a widespread thing unless I am mistaken.

I would be excited to see it slightly darker, but I think at this point it wont matter to me since I love this style.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:18 PM   #1932
Powder
So tired of this place

It was hardly just you. Many of us here said that.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:34 PM   #1933
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It was hardly just you. Many of us here said that.
Then I am mistaken. I just remembered people disagreeing with me haha

Old 06-28-2017, 01:28 AM   #1934
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Hey brockotter! Thanks for updating again here on The Technodrome. It's good to hear that the figures are getting finished up and ready to be sent out now. I'm pretty patient so I can wait for them to be worked on so they're better quality overall. I also like the way Raph's color is already so no worries from me on that. It's also exciting to hear that I'll get Raph before summer's end!
Old 06-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #1935
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I really love my Donatello!
One slight little paint issue for me and the rest is perfection!
Thank you for fixing this all as it made the long wait worth it for me.
Any chance that we could get new replacement heads for Leonardo after everything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Then I am mistaken. I just remembered people disagreeing with me haha
No I don't like the bright green either and Powder is correct.
I believe most of us didn't care for it but put our money down for it anyway.
What's a TMNT set without Raphael!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:15 PM   #1936
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

I'm happy to report only issue I had was the loose thumbs up hand
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:03 PM   #1937
chrisr291
Random Punk

Any updates when BBTS will receive their figures? It seems weird that retailers take FOREVVEERRRRR to receive products? Which is weird because stores like HLJ have them instock already.
chrisr291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:41 AM   #1938
Coro
Mad Scientist

Just a heads up that the Mouser 2 pack is no longer wholesalable for me...if you want them, grab them now wherever you can find them.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #1939
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Brock are you still making Leonardo too with all the fixes? If not are you gonna?
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:28 PM   #1940
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr291 View Post
Any updates when BBTS will receive their figures? It seems weird that retailers take FOREVVEERRRRR to receive products? Which is weird because stores like HLJ have them instock already.
Not sure what's going on. I had a tentative ship date from Sideshow and then the money got transferred back into my bank account and my order is back on processing status.

Hopefully they are not having some kind of fulfillment issue for some of their outside retailers

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mondo tmnt