The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Jennika in the next Platinum Dunes movie?
Wow, I'm very excited about the idea of this! 1 3.23%
I could get behind it 13 41.94%
I'm totally neutral on this 3 9.68%
Wow, what a horrible idea 8 25.81%
Oh, they f***ing better not! 2 6.45%
I wish IDW hadn't have made a female Turtle to begin with 7 22.58%
Oh no, what's going to happen to the franchise next? 3 9.68%
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! 3 9.68%
Oh crap, you're probably right! Not good! 1 3.23%
Where's my rotflolcopter? 4 12.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2019, 03:32 AM   #41
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
They'd sooner bring back 'Jennika' but call her Venus.
Another problem, Venus de Milo was not popular.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:55 AM   #42
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
True, but except for the crowd that has never ever heard of a female turtle, they'll remember either Venus or 'that one girl turtle from that one show back then, you know, that one where they met the Power Rangers'.

I can honestly see if Jennika or whoever turns into a Turtle in the PD films they'd make her say something like 'Jennika? who's Jennika? From now on, call me Venus' as some sort of girl power theme plays. And also expect a very strong 'gonna show these turtle boys how it's done' vibe as well.

Though if Bay is involved, I'd be more worried about boob close ups, ass close ups, jokes about the Turtles checking her out or trying to sneak a peak as she showers, possible banter about which one they'd rather bone, Venus or April, or even worse.... outright imply that Venus and one of the Turtles did it or were about to before plot gets in the way. Just keep Micheal Bay away from this altogether.

Though if she has the shellboobs, I would like Don to at least point out how it doesn't make sense. Like have the other 3 oogle them and Don is like 'she's not even a mammal, where did those come from?' "have a turtle say some pervy joke. Have Don reply with "you guys do realize that plastron can't come off, right?"

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 07-15-2019 at 09:01 AM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:19 AM   #43
Sugilita
Random Punk

Mae

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Donnie also gets kissed by Mae West in the Savanti Juliet arc, then after he passes out she complains about how she had just swapped "Turtle Spit" with him.

All the other turtles are confronted by Male figures.

Raph is confronted by Robert E. Howard (the author of Conan the Barbarian)

Michelangelo is ambushed by Bruce Lee

and Leonardo faces off against his namesake Leonardo Da Vinci
She hypnotized him. So it doesn't counts.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:09 PM   #44
Sugilita
Random Punk

Venus

Quote:
And supposedly Nick can't use her because she is owned by Saban.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:33 PM   #45
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

At least if it was Jennika, though it would be a rather shoddy excuse, I suppose they could try to get away with the fact that she was human to start with and excuse it as the mutation process having not taken away the boob fat. Functionality is gone, but the shaping is still there?

Though I strongly vote "no" to reptile boobs.

Quote:
Though if Bay is involved, I'd be more worried about boob close ups, ass close ups, jokes about the Turtles checking her out or trying to sneak a peak as she showers, possible banter about which one they'd rather bone, Venus or April, or even worse....
Oh good, I'm not the only one that doesn't trust them not to go there.

Female character, mutant or not... I just can't imagine Bay and his ilk leaving well enough alone.

Quote:
outright imply that Venus and one of the Turtles did it or were about to before plot gets in the way.
Oh hey, the perfect after credits scene.

"What've you guys been up to?"

[Two rather guilty looking Turtles] "Ummm.... nothing...?"

Dear god, please no.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:44 PM   #46
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Next Mutation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugilita View Post
because she is owned by Saban.
Saban still owns Next Mutation?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:16 PM   #47
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Saban still owns Next Mutation?
Eh, it's possible. It's not like anyone is chomping at the bit to see new versions of Bonesteel or Silver or anything, though.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:10 PM   #48
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Eh, it's possible. It's not like anyone is chomping at the bit to see new versions of Bonesteel or Silver or anything, though.
Honestly, if they haven't shown up in IDW at this point, then the rights probably aren't with Nickelodeon.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:53 PM   #49
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Honestly, if they haven't shown up in IDW at this point, then the rights probably aren't with Nickelodeon.
True but IDW wouldn't be past putting in similar characters as a hint hint nudge nudge.

Dragon Lord could have been part of the Pantheon if they wanted.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-19-2019, 09:01 PM   #50
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Actually, I'm pretty sure he already is. Aka "daddy" to the pantheon.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:43 AM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm surprised Jennika isn't a lesbian, with her crushing on Casey and all. With that short blonde hair and then her being a girl Turtle, you'd think they would want to up the ante with making her also gay. But I guess that's not the case since she had a crush on Casey. It could have been more representation.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 09:09 AM   #52
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Cubed, what's with you wanting every female character to be a lesbian? Seriously??!! And hair-style has NOTHING to do with orientation. April herself had short hair for a while in IDW, right around the Northhampton arc, so your logic is just- ugh. Jennika having short hair would not make hee gay. It was likely a choice by the artists to make her "style" more practical for a female ninja! (Long hair and frequent combat do not mix well. It would just get in the way or provide a way for enemies to grab you.)

Old 07-20-2019, 09:15 AM   #53
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm surprised Jennika isn't a lesbian, with her crushing on Casey and all. With that short blonde hair and then her being a girl Turtle, you'd think they would want to up the ante with making her also gay. But I guess that's not the case since she had a crush on Casey. It could have been more representation.
No, we don't need this series going woke and then going broke.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:25 AM   #54
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
No, we don't need this series going woke and then going broke.
Well they've already gone "woke" by simply having a female turtle in the first place according to some folk and that issue sold out.

Like Black Panther and Captain Marvel movies. I mean Marvel is really going broke with those billion dollar films. Come to think of the MCU Spider-Man with its diverse supporting cast is also going to make a billion too.

Star Wars also had two billion dollar movies under their belts and another that was close (Rogue One). Ironically the only modern Star Wars movie to struggle is the one that gave the anti-SJWs pretty much what they wanted. If Disney was looking at that what route do you think is more profitable?

But back to comics, maybe TMNT #95 was a one off. I mean it's not like Miles Morales, Kamala Khan are runaway hits or that the female Thor outsold Odinson last volume or that things like Moon Girl, Squirel Girl kill it in trades. Both Shuri and Ironheart's #1s were the best selling debuts in years

Surely the phrase should be "go woke and some whiny jerks make up that you go broke".
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #55
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

What Duckie said.

*sigh* It'll be so nice when no one is regarded as an "other" who "isn't supposed to be there," nor if a woman (or a man for that matter) isn't within a tiny little frame of expectations then they must be [insert label/assumption] or a character looking a certain way should be for some reason. Sadly I'm sure that won't be until after my generation is long dead and gone. If ever.

If this "woke" stuff sells (as annoying as I find that word, personally), then yeah, that makes it kind of clear that there are underserved markets who are eating it up and whose money is just as valuable, and adding up to millions, billions of dollars...that's a lot of people who want it and a lot of counterbalance in representation that's clearly been missing previously. Diversity isn't a circus sideshow attraction done for cash and asking to be shunned...it's life. (And that includes men and women with various hairstyles and personalities, not just orientations.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-20-2019 at 11:01 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:48 PM   #56
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Not every woman with short hair is a lesbian you stupid homophobic idiot.

I know you try to sound like you're all for it, but treating it as some sort of odd fetish is also ****ed up.

Edit- ban me for a week, I don't care. Something about this clown continuing to force the lesbian stereotype just because he wants to get his jollies off just really struck a nerve.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:26 PM   #57
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Not every woman with short hair is a lesbian you stupid homophobic idiot.

I know you try to sound like you're all for it, but treating it as some sort of odd fetish is also ****ed up.

Edit- ban me for a week, I don't care. Something about this clown continuing to force the lesbian stereotype just because he wants to get his jollies off just really struck a nerve.
His post is not meant to be taken seriously.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:42 PM   #58
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Sadly, I do believe Cubed actually is serious about this odd fetish. I think we've found his kink.... (Aside from "A Day Inside May", which was brow-raising enough on its own.)

Old 07-20-2019, 03:33 PM   #59
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
His post is not meant to be taken seriously.
I'm really glad old Cubed is back to good form
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:54 PM   #60
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I think we've found his kink.... (Aside from "A Day Inside May", which was brow-raising enough on its own.)
I thought his kink was superheroes in skirts?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote