The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-18-2022, 11:57 PM   #61
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Caught the first episode. It's mostly fine. It's fun. A couple of spots spend a little bit too much time pointing out how much better she is than Bruce Banner's Hulk, but it's not too much. Also some dialogue about how being a woman she could just be murdered at random, on the day to day... a little off-putting. Mutterings about man-splaining. The CGI didn't really bother me.

The origin change does seem awkward. She accidentally just got splashed with some of his blood in a car wreck and that's all it took? It's really hard to look at that creative decision as anything other than "We can't have a man saving her! Not in her origin!"
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 07:44 AM   #62
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I kind of liked it, campiness and all. I knew exactly what I was in for when she broke 4th wall at the beginning. She's as much known for that as Deadpool, so it was only a small surprise to see it done here.

My only real beef was that her entire "origin" of powers felt a bit rushed (and felt too "easy"), and her smug showing up of Banner was a bit much. But otherwise, I found her fairly relatable, even though I thought she was a bit TOO impatient to get back to her life. She really should have taken his advice to take a bit more time to get used to the situation, not to mention needing to understand more about the physical and mental ramifications. I mostly want to know what was up with the Sa'kaaran ship that essentially just vanished, and why Banner built a fully stocked bar on a deserted beach in the middle of nowhere.

And then there was Jennifer's obsession with Cap's possible "v" status..... (I wondered that myself, but, um....)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 07:46 AM   #63
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I saw the one scene and it was eye rolling. She's really gonna complain about catcalling to a guy that had to spend most of his life dodging the military? Yeah, **** off with that.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 12:29 PM   #64
CyberCubed
Overlord

I haven't watched this yet how long did they take to introduce any gay or lesbian characters? By the end of the first episode or will it take till episode 2?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 01:07 PM   #65
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I haven't watched this yet how long did they take to introduce any gay or lesbian characters? By the end of the first episode or will it take till episode 2?
I think there was a transexual or two when she goes to the bar and those women are fretting over her, putting makeup on her.
Old 08-19-2022, 06:30 PM   #66
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Caught the first episode. It's mostly fine. It's fun. A couple of spots spend a little bit too much time pointing out how much better she is than Bruce Banner's Hulk, but it's not too much. Also some dialogue about how being a woman she could just be murdered at random, on the day to day... a little off-putting. Mutterings about man-splaining. The CGI didn't really bother me.

The origin change does seem awkward. She accidentally just got splashed with some of his blood in a car wreck and that's all it took? It's really hard to look at that creative decision as anything other than "We can't have a man saving her! Not in her origin!"

Oh so it’s sort of Woke?

Honestly, the only thing I’m interested with this show is whatever episode that Matt Murdock appears in.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 06:37 PM   #67
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
Oh so it’s sort of Woke?

Honestly, the only thing I’m interested with this show is whatever episode that Matt Murdock appears in.
They are kinda banking on those cameos. These woke shows hate anyone that doesn't go with the woke narrative, but they sure as hell try their best to still lure them in.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 08-19-2022, 06:44 PM   #68
ChosenOne
Banned

I'm only in this for Titania and the Wrecking Crew. Ain't no Secret Wars like OG Secret Wars!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 06:46 PM   #69
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I'm only in this for Titania and the Wrecking Crew. Ain't no Secret Wars like OG Secret Wars!
Interesting. The Wrecking Crew is gonna be in this? Kinda sucks Loki isn't in this since he was the one that gave them their powers I believe.

Old 08-19-2022, 07:01 PM   #70
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Interesting. The Wrecking Crew is gonna be in this? Kinda sucks Loki isn't in this since he was the one that gave them their powers I believe.
They appear briefly in the trailer.

Spoiler:
From the spoilers I've read, they first fight Jen with powered (enchanted?) weapons and then pop up later for a rematch, fully gamma-powered. A:EMH had already tried that change and I gotta say I don't particularly mind either way as long as they show up, those guys are a staple of Marvel.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 01:36 PM   #71
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

“I deal with anger a lot better than you do, Bruce! I get catcalled by pervs on the streets every day! You don’t think that makes me angry?! ‘Course I wouldn't expect a man to understand how I feel! Hmph!”

Sheesh. How pathetic. I’m a gal, myself, and this She-Huss does not speak for me.

Just yesterday at work some dude called me “doll”, but I wasn’t insulted or even the slightest bit upset by that. A Karen calling me “incompetent”, though? That makes me angry.
Old 08-24-2022, 01:57 PM   #72
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
“I deal with anger a lot better than you do, Bruce! I get catcalled by pervs on the streets every day! You don’t think that makes me angry?! ‘Course I wouldn't expect a man to understand how I feel! Hmph!”

Sheesh. How pathetic. I’m a gal, myself, and this She-Huss does not speak for me.

Just yesterday at work some dude called me “doll”, but I wasn’t insulted or even the slightest bit upset by that. A Karen calling me “incompetent”, though? That makes me angry.
Yeah, but even then, I'd rather be called incompetent than have tanks coming after me.

Old 08-24-2022, 02:23 PM   #73
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah, but even then, I'd rather be called incompetent than have tanks coming after me.
And didn’t Bruce’s dad, like, murder his wife when Bruce was just a kid? I’d say he’s had it way worse than his cousin has, yet she’s supposed to be given more praise for showing constraint?
Old 08-25-2022, 11:04 AM   #74
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Episode 2 was good.

Kinda set up World War Hulk with Bruce in his lab heading back to Sakkar in that ship that caused the accident in Ep 1.

Jen is taking Emil Blonksy 's case and they reference his underground fighting with Wong in Shang Chi. It happens after she agrees to take his case

Also Wolverine Easter Egg

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 08-25-2022 at 11:44 AM.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:30 AM   #75
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Episode 2 was good.

Kinda set up World War Hulk with Bruce in his lap heading back to Sakkar in that ship that caused the accident in Ep 1.

Jen is taking Emil Blonksy 's case and they reference his underground fighting with Wong in Shang Chi. It happens after she agrees to take his case

https://i.imgur.com/eZSsqBf.jpg
I also noticed they referenced the Eternals right under it.

I swear more people are gonna watch this for the cameos and easter eggs than the unlikable main character. Captain Marvel all over again. I swear getting to see Fury and Coulson in a Marvel movie again (even though Coulson got a small role) was a bigger reason to watch Captain Marvel than Captain Marvel herself.

Old 08-25-2022, 08:25 PM   #76
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Side question. Are they ever going to bother explaining what happened to Betty? All these years and nothing? Does Bruce not even want to see her, particularly now that he's not dangerous?
Old 08-25-2022, 09:42 PM   #77
Leo656
The Franchise

I mean it's not like she's important or anything.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 01:41 AM   #78
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Episode 2 was good.
I wasn't not entertained but... the episode went by quickly and not a lot really happened. She just did some soul searching and took the Blomsky case, that's it.

I'm not really in love with how they're rushing her origins. She JUST became She-Hulk, and she's seeing her family members for the first time at a dinner since that happened and her becoming the She-Hulk is like the last thing on any of their minds. How?

Quote:
Kinda set up World War Hulk with Bruce in his lab heading back to Sakkar in that ship that caused the accident in Ep 1.
I guess so. And I guess that's so long to Bruce for the rest of She-Hulk. So much for him being a major supporting cast member.

Quote:
It was interesting. Without that, his appearance in Shang Chi wouldn't make much sense. I'm assuming Wong sprung him out of confinement as some kind of "treatment" or something. Maybe Wong is like his spiritual guru and he's been whisking him away for years now on field trips like that.

Quote:
If nothing else this means "yes, mutants have been around for a long time" in the MCU. Who knows, maybe we'll even get to meet the MCU Wolverine in 5 years or so, like after Marvel/Disney figures out if even the name "X-Men" is problematic or not.
Old 08-28-2022, 01:30 PM   #79
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Episode 2 was good.

https://i.imgur.com/eZSsqBf.jpg
I think Bruce is on his way to find out he has a Son, Its pretty obvious, He was the Hulk on Sakaar for about 2 years, And you think during that time he might've been with a Sakaarian women and got her pregnant.
Old 08-28-2022, 05:19 PM   #80
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Just yesterday at work some dude called me “doll”
You should have been offended. Who in the Hell calls a woman doll nowadays? Are woman still being called "Toots" too like back in the 1930's? It's freaking 2022 damn it.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote