The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion > Collection Photos

Notices

Old 03-31-2014, 03:32 PM   #101
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
My Eastman Sandwich (his joke, not mine) - They were both awesome again. I met Kevin this past year at NYCC for the first time and although it was busy he still gave us a little time to talk. This time with nothing going on they were chatter boxes. Each fan talked with him for 10 minutes or so if they wanted. They walked around the event casually and just hung out with you. Same as Ernie, Kevin was only supposed to sign if you handed him a paid voucher. Well he didnt listen and signed everything we wanted. Why? Because hes awesome and appreciates his fans. He always publically thanks us and knows without us, he wouldnt be where he is.

I had a variety of things I wanted him to sign but didnt bring as much because I thought each one was going to cost me. Luckily I had some random things and was staying with my friends in MI who also had an old VHS for me to take.
Signed by Eastman, Reyes, and Rich from PIN

My "Convention" Hat which I wear to every Con and a photo the event was giving away with both Kevin and Courtney (signed respectively).

The story and the haul - I went 2 of the 3 days because some people were appearing on Friday and others Saturday but I knew Kevin would be there both so I hoped for an autograph and a quick sketch. By then end of the weekend I was on a first name basis with both of them and we got to joke around lot - here's why. On Friday I had him sign his Cover Gallery, My Hat, and do a Shredder Sketch on the Shredder Micro. While I was waiting in line to meet him I swore I saw some sketched covers he had done but all his Merch was packed away after an argument with the promoter because of how confusing the event was. When it was my turn I talked a little, gave Kev my books and he began to sketch Shredder when I asked Courtney about those covers I thought I saw. She said "oh yeah here you go." She handed me SHOTF with an amazing Shredder, Annual blank with an awesome Casey, and Annual w/Masks with Leo. I was giddy and wanted all 3 both because of the amazing work and since I'm working on completely by IDW covers. We talked price for a minute and we agreed on something and I walked away with the books and I was ecstatic. Here they are and story continues below....

Story continued... The guy who ran Detroit Fanfare was there and had a lot of his blank covers for great prices. I didn't know this but there were 2 versions, Matte and glossy. I bought one of each on Friday and I wanted to have Kevin Sketch on one saturday. You can see above I had him do Splinter and I left the other blank for the future. When I went in line to have this done I was still debating what to have him do so I wanted to let him know who I had art of already and who he could do quickly to have a variety of characters in his style. When I approached I talked to them again and told them that I was the guy who bought the sketched books the day before at which point they started laughing and said "you're the guy who got the deal." I was confused and I guess when I did the credit card swipe Courtney under charged me for the books by a lot. I told them I would gladly pay the difference and because of that, Kevin said he appreciated my honesty, would do more than just a Splinter head. Courtney said she would give me 2 flats from his art books because of being so honest. I saw the prices they had on the flats and looked over at the comics and asked if I could look through the comics instead and they said sure - pick two. To my surprise they had the two in the picture below that they just gave me. So through all this we had casual convos and jokes. I told them I happened to be going to a convention next week that they would be at and that if they brought more sketch books Id be interested. They said "Hans, we will bring some for you. Thanks again for being honest and we look forward to seeing you next weekend again."

As always his certificate of authenticity on the back...

All in all I had a great weekend, spent some quality time with some people that I may never get to again, added some much needed books to my collection, all of which have stellar artwork on them.

Just as a small bonus I came home to these last night! My weekend ended with bagging and boarding my new pieces!

I hope everyone enjoyed!
Awesome comic scores! I recently got to meet Eastman, Reyes and Richard as well, and they are all very cool guys! Sounds like you definitely had a blast and you got a lot more face time with them than I did. Definitely sounds like the event planners screwed up somewhere if there were that few fans in the know about the event, but their loss is your gain! Very cool!
Old 03-31-2014, 03:42 PM   #102
Sofistocat
Stone Warrior

The 2nd shredder cover and the Casey Jones cover are definitely on par with the IDW #21 RI-D's. Great pickups, Good Job!

My Technodrome Forums TMNT Collection

My ComicArtFan Galleries

Buy Mark Martin's Original Art HERE
Sofistocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:42 AM   #103
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

SOOOOO I was absent minded. I always take pictures of new additions but I forgot this time so a list will have to do because I already filed the books away. Sofistocat helped me widdle my comic list down by 27 more books which include the following...

MIRAGE
TMNT vol 1 #7 2nd Print

IDW
TMNT # 1 GLOBAL
TMNT # 1 RE Hastings
TMNT # 1 RE Jetpack
TMNT # 1 RI-B
TMNT # 1 Halloween exclusive
TMNT # 2 GLOBAL
TMNT # 2 2nd Print
TMNT # 3 RI-A
TMNT # 3 GLOBAL
TMNT # 3 RE Jetpack
TMNT # 3 RE VA Con
TMNT # 4 GLOBAL
TMNT # 4 RI-A
TMNT # 5 GLOBAL
TMNT # 7 CVR B
TMNT # 9 CVR B
TMNT #11 CVR B
TMNT #11 RE SDCC
TMNT #13 CVR B
TMNT #16 CVR B
TMNT #20 2nd print

IDW MICRO SERIES
#2 Michelangelo GLOBAL
#6 Casey Jones RI-A

SHOTFC
#1 RI-B
#3 CVR RI

TMNT IDW Annual 2012 RI

My list is growing smaller and I can't wait to only be working on new books only! A few more updates to be expected this week plus I'll be at Gem City Con in Dayton, OH this saturday. I hope to score a couple more books!

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #104
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Some significance for me

Over the years a large part of my collection has come from the men themselves at Mirage. Today may mark the last order/ package I will ever receive from them because I own everything on their online store. Unless PL decides to put out more issues of Volume 4 or they randomly find a case of #29 this is it from them.

Another reason why this order is significant is because I am slowly closing in on completing my comic collection. In this package I received the last Archie Adventures issue to complete my 1-72 run, the last 3 Archie Specials I needed as well as finishing the April: May East Saga. I need 1 more Tales issue after this one and then V2 run is also complete. Ahhhh the feeling of achievement is there.

Also with this being my last order I wanted to get a Mirage Publishing hat - just to have.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
Old 04-04-2014, 06:27 PM   #105
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Congrats dude on nearly completing the collection! That's quite a feat.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:39 PM   #106
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Over the years a large part of my collection has come from the men themselves at Mirage. Today may mark the last order/ package I will ever receive from them because I own everything on their online store. Unless PL decides to put out more issues of Volume 4 or they randomly find a case of #29 this is it from them.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...psh9gmlahc.jpg

Another reason why this order is significant is because I am slowly closing in on completing my comic collection. In this package I received the last Archie Adventures issue to complete my 1-72 run, the last 3 Archie Specials I needed as well as finishing the April: May East Saga. I need 1 more Tales issue after this one and then V2 run is also complete. Ahhhh the feeling of achievement is there.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...psemvkry4x.jpg

Also with this being my last order I wanted to get a Mirage Publishing hat - just to have.
Awesome!! Glad to hear you're almost there on completion! Thanks to a fellow Dromer I will shortly receive my last remaining issue of Tales v2 that I'm missing. Which issue are you short? I think I might have a couple duplicate issues....
Old 04-05-2014, 08:07 AM   #107
yipster32
Random Punk

You have an awesome collection and setup!!
Old 04-06-2014, 10:03 PM   #108
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Thanks guys. I've had quite a bit of bad news lately on my family front with my grandfather. I've needed to keep occupied while not at the hospital so as MrPliggins already stated we went to Gem City together Saturday. After my visit tonight I spent time boarding and bagging my finds from the weekend.

Surprisingly it was a great small con with lots of steals. I met The Eastmans last week and again this weekend. It's fun to be on a first name basis with them. Below are the finds and I'll tell quite the story related to Kevin and Courtney.

Color classics Raph, Creed & TMNT, & Dooneys Challenges softcover

Some books to add to the mirage collection. This lot allows to complet my Tales v1 & v2 collections & the 2007 TMNT movie adaptations.

Here are the books I had Kevin sign. In the chaos that was being last in line, I had him sign these and the sewer cover shown below. People were rushing the table to get something signed, the eastmans were packing up and going to lunch and I accidentally left these books at the table. Pliggins and I went to my car to load our hauls in there and wait for our sketches when I realized I didn't have my books! Long story short I had to wait an hour and a half until they got back from lunch not knowing if they were taken by an attendee of the show or if the eastmans had taken them because they knew they belonged to someone. Once they came back they said don't worry we set them over there because we knew they were yours and saw you forgot them. I was relieved!

Kevin Loved this custom made man hole. He had never seen anything like it and when we started a talk about my display room he told me he would love for me to send them pictures of it.

Perhaps some of the most significant take aways of the weekend..
Here we have a third printing of #1 which I feel that I got a great deal on at the con. From out own MrPliggins we struck a deal a few months ago for the NYCC #3 variant for me to add to my growing collection.

As soon as I get my sketch from Kevin in the mail (he couldn't finish it Saturday) I'll post pics. Enjoy and goodnight everyone, I'll have a long day at the hospital tomorrow again.

Check out my collection!

Last edited by TheMasterTurtle; 05-06-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #109
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Thanks guys. I've had quite a bit of bad news lately on my family front with my grandfather. I've needed to keep occupied while not at the hospital so as MrPliggins already stated we went to Gem City together Saturday. After my visit tonight I spent time boarding and bagging my finds from the weekend.

Surprisingly it was a great small con with lots of steals. I met The Eastmans last week and again this weekend. It's fun to be on a first name basis with them. Below are the finds and I'll tell quite the story related to Kevin and Courtney.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...psyr5nahny.jpg
Color classics Raph, Creed & TMNT, & Dooneys Challenges softcover

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4krixzgv.jpg
Some books to add to the mirage collection. This lot allows to complet my Tales v1 & v2 collections & the 2007 TMNT movie adaptations.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...psdjuzuc1n.jpg
Here are the books I had Kevin sign. In the chaos that was being last in line, I had him sign these and the sewer cover shown below. People were rushing the table to get something signed, the eastmans were packing up and going to lunch and I accidentally left these books at the table. Pliggins and I went to my car to load our hauls in their and wait for our sketches when I realized I didn't have my books! Long story short I had to wait an hour and a half until they got back from lunch not knowing if they were taken by an attendee of the show or if the eastmans had taken them because they knew they belonged to someone. Once they came back they said don't worry we set them over there because we knew they were yours and saw you forgot them. I was relieved!

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...pskpdzbuko.jpg
Here are my new sketch covers!

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...psy7ofiqm8.jpg
Kevin Loved this custom made man hole. He had never seen anything like it and when we started a talk about my display room he told me he would love for me to send them pictures of it.

Perhaps some of the most significant take aways of the weekend..http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...psetbzpthu.jpg
Here we have a third printing of #1 which I feel that I got a great deal on at the con. From out own MrPliggins we struck a deal a few months ago for the NYCC #3 variant for me to add to my growing collection.

As soon as I get my sketch from Kevin in the mail (he couldn't finish it Saturday) I'll post pics. Enjoy and goodnight everyone, I'll have a long day at the hospital tomorrow again.
Best wishes for your Grandfather and congrats on all your neat pickups recently!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:05 AM   #110
Sofistocat
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Thanks guys. I've had quite a bit of bad news lately on my family front with my grandfather.

Perhaps some of the most significant take aways of the weekendHere we have a third printing of #1 which I feel that I got a great deal on at the con. From out own MrPliggins we struck a deal a few months ago for the NYCC #3 variant for me to add to my growing collection.

Best of health for your grandfather. As always, nice haul, that sewer cap is very realistic.I've never seen someone smile while holding a real one...

As always, great haul! Nice grab on the #3 variant, super rare

His sketches are perfecto...

My ComicArtFan Galleries

Old 04-07-2014, 07:36 AM   #111
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Very nice Collection you have there
Old 04-07-2014, 07:46 AM   #112
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

Dude, that's some snazzy stuff. I really dig your manhole cover.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:36 PM   #113
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

In all the commotion, I don't think I even saw your sketch covers or some of your other pickups. Cool stuff!
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #114
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

I am so jealous of all these sketch covers......on $100...100 print run books too!!!! I hope he brings some of those to FCBD so I can gobble them up!! Can you PM me what he charges for them??
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:25 PM   #115
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
i echo what DTC said, Best wishes & prayers for your Grandfather and congrats on all your neat pickups recently!

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:27 AM   #116
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Thanks everyone for the kind words... I've been in the hospital daily and its been exhausting. I popped in at my local shop the other day to give myself a break and picked some missing stuff up as well as getting a few things in the mail.

Check out my collection!
Old 04-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #117
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the kind words... I've been in the hospital daily and its been exhausting. I popped in at my local shop the other day to give myself a break and picked some missing stuff up as well as getting a few things in the mail.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...pslmq2jqbf.jpg
Congrats on your recent pickups! I hope your Grandfather is comfortable and sending best wishes to you and your loved ones! PM sent to you as well.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:42 PM   #118
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
i echo DTC's kind words! please keep us updated

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:31 PM   #119
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Thanks guys - it's been another day so here's another update to keep things moving. Grandfather is "ok" at the moment but not 100% if he ever even will be. He's still fighting at this point.

So below is a post full of variants both thanks to a trade with Sofistocat, one of my friends, and a few misc deals I found online.

Some real key variants here for me. I can't say enough what a pleasure it has been dealing with Sofistocat. If you haven't already, he's top notch and I highly recommend it. I look forward to closing more deals in the future.

Check out my collection!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:11 AM   #120
Sofistocat
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Thanks guys - it's been another day so here's another update to keep things moving. Grandfather is "ok" at the moment but not 100% if he ever even will be. He's still fighting at this point.

I can't say enough what a pleasure it has been dealing with Sofistocat. If you haven't already, he's top notch and I highly recommend it. I look forward to closing more deals in the future.
It's tough, but he'll keep fighting with you at his side. Sometimes the best thing is to just be there for someone. Prayers.

Thanks for the kind words, the pleasure has been equally had dealing with you.

The collection is coming along nicely. Have fun with being a comic cobbler with the Leo blank...

My ComicArtFan Galleries