The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 11-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #281
Powder
Endless Screw

Well you already know I'm psyched for it.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #282
raph27
Mad Scientist

So is it true that on Friday Target is having the 3DS version on sale for $15? Might have to pick it up at that price. Sounds kinda fun.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 05:36 PM   #283
Powder
Endless Screw

You know what's not fun? Getting trampled to death in the lobby of a Target store. Black Friday can kiss my shell. That's a good deal, but still.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #284
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You know what's not fun? Getting trampled to death in the lobby of a Target store. Black Friday can kiss my shell. That's a good deal, but still.
Dunno. Everyone seems to go at 7 Thursday night now. Last year I went to Walmart at 6 am. Deeeead quiet. I'm guessing TDOO won't be a hugely sought out game, either.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:03 PM   #285
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunstar_Red View Post
The soundtrack is updated again. (Does anyone really care? ) It's almost done. I think I'm missing either one or two more songs...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: DotO Soundtrack

Congrats! ^_^ And thanks for the guide. I was wondering what the "secret" achievement was. I guess I'm going to have to beat it in less than an hour.
Cheers man! No worries at all on the guide...all the credit really goes to scharn73 but it seems the drome is getting more love for this game than anywhere else so thought it was worth sharing.

Keep up the hard work on the soundtrack man I'm sure there are plenty of fans who'd love it, me being one of them. I'll be adding it to my 1990 Movie, 2K3 and TMNT soundtracks no doubt.
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:04 PM   #286
Autbot_Benz
I Am The Doctor

Amazon has the game for $14.99 now id get it before it goes up in price again.

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:21 AM   #287
the fixer
Hench Mutant

Still not sure what version I should buy... I'm hesitating between the 3DS or PS3 version...

What version do you guys recommend?
Old 11-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #288
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunstar_Red View Post
Not sure why this game is getting so many negative reviews. If it's not for nostalgia reasons, it's the "horrible" controls. There was even one review complaining about the voices. Dude, if you don't watch the show or know who half the voice cast are (most are VERY known in the cartoon and gaming world), don't play the game and say it sucks based on the voices.

The thing I loved about the game the most is the soundtrack. It was composed by Jake Kaufman ('Mighty Switch Force' is probably one of my favorite games in the 3DS because of the soundtrack). He has a quasi-retro feel to his music that doesn't get boring. If you listen really carefully (such as the 'got an artifact' jingle), he takes music cues from the tv themes. It helps tie the soundtrack to the show than slap in generic Asian influenced music.

They recycled a few voice clips from the previous game, but there's a whole lot of new dialog and sound clips. I really like that depending on who you play as, you might get extra dialog. Some cutscenes are specifically fit for certain characters. For example, talk to Casey with Donnie. Or Leo with Karai.

Although not the worst, the hit and collision boxes are kinda bad in the 360 version. It's better on the 3DS. Playing as Raph in either game is masochistic (as in almost any TMNT game).

I find the 3DS version superior than the console versions because of the map. Icons are larger and you can actually see doors and gaps in the map that needs filling. The whole HUB looks better in general. A negative about the 3DS version is that they cut some graphics. (One of the neat effects in Dimension X was a stretching room on the 360 version.) Another negative is that they slightly altered the sprites on the 3DS. Their jump height is a tad shortened in result. It's just a problem for a few jumps.

It seems all the glitches in the 360 version are in the 3DS version except for the random freezing (I believe it's my 360's fault though; it does that with other games too). There is an unique bug for the 3DS version though. The yellow door in the City Streets: Area 1 that is right near a rescue room, will not unlock on the other side. It will open on the side where you break the seal, but when you load the next room, you will be trapped behind the door. All you can do is just go back to the previous room and take the long way instead. That was annoying.

Overall, I give it a 7.5/10. If the glitches were out, 8/10. I had a lot of fun playing it.
Thanks for the review...after passing for so long i'm going to get the 3DS version finally. Even though I really have VERY LITTLE time to play it due to so many games this season

But right now it's 14.99 on amazon and that's good enough for me. Though I'm sure it will drop to $10 soon.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #289
Powder
Endless Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fixer View Post
Still not sure what version I should buy... I'm hesitating between the 3DS or PS3 version...

What version do you guys recommend?
My suggestion would be 3DS because it's shortcomings are less bothersome in a handheld title.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #290
raph27
Mad Scientist

Just got the game for 3DS and I'm stuck on the first level. I only have Raph left and I keep dying. Where are the rescue rooms?
Old 11-29-2014, 01:27 PM   #291
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Sooo yesterday at 7:30am I ordered the 3ds copy on amazon

Today it arrived! Even though I chose the free shipping option ^___^

Couldn't ask for faster free delivery on an impulse $15 purchase!

Easiest 40 Club Nintendo points I made this year
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:04 PM   #292
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

Hey, anyone here in Oz got the 3DS version yet?

No retail store seems to have it except for ezydvd which is the UK version which is fine as it's still PAL but I had to cancel it as it was taking too long (3 weeks and it hadn't shipped AND they couldn't tell me when it would).

There is a guy on ebay in Melbourne who has it in stock and is a high volume seller but with very very mixed negative positive feedback. Not sure I want to risk $60 including shipping...

Appreciate any info you have.

Edit - Just did a worldwide search for the UK Version as a back up and it seems it's either out of stock, on back order, or has the same 7-10 days dispatch that ezydvd did which turned out to be 3 weeks+ The guy on ebay is notorious for selling games he doesn't have in stock. 294 negative reviews in a month! But he has positive reviews too. Geez how can 1 seller be so inconsistent? With Christmas round the corner, think I might have to roll the dice...

Last edited by LeoRaph; 11-29-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:07 AM   #293
the fixer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome View Post
Just got the game for 3DS and I'm stuck on the first level. I only have Raph left and I keep dying. Where are the rescue rooms?
The rescue rooms are the little squares marked with a yellow 'R' on your map. Of course, you have to find them first in order to mark them on the map. Normally you should've visited one at the very beginning of the game so your map should show at least one of 'em...
Hope this helps.

Anyway, just got the game on 3DS... Lookin' good so far... I just LOVE handheld metroidvanias!
Old 11-30-2014, 10:19 AM   #294
chrisdude
Foot Elite

I tweeted the title screen of the 3DS game, and my buddy replied with this:

Old 11-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #295
Powder
Endless Screw

Did you not realize it was an homage? That image came out like 2 years ago as a print at SDCC, they also did one of the first Mirage comic, & issue 10, too.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:51 PM   #296
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Did you not realize it was an homage? That image came out like 2 years ago as a print at SDCC, they also did one of the first Mirage comic, & issue 10, too.
No. I'd like to see them, though.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:51 PM   #297
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

Well, I rolled the dice....

So far so good. I asked if it was available, he said yes and he seems to be very pleasant to deal with, very professional and courteous manner. He should be sending it tomorrow.

Not sure about all the negative feedback, guess I'll find out by the end of the week whether he is worth the risk...
Old 11-30-2014, 11:21 PM   #298
Powder
Endless Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
No. I'd like to see them, though.
Spoiler:

Old 12-01-2014, 12:28 AM   #299
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Anyone else notice a HUGE difficulty spike when

Spoiler:
you go to Dimension X? I lost three Turtles there and now one of them needs recused from there! The map is of no help because Dimension X has weird rules.

It's really starting to get on my nerves. I might have to come back to it in a few days if I finish it at all. I got it for $15 so I'm not too worried if I don't finish it.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 03:16 AM   #300
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendamu View Post
Anyone else notice a HUGE difficulty spike when

Spoiler:
you go to Dimension X? I lost three Turtles there and now one of them needs recused from there! The map is of no help because Dimension X has weird rules.

It's really starting to get on my nerves. I might have to come back to it in a few days if I finish it at all. I got it for $15 so I'm not too worried if I don't finish it.
Yeah, it's because there is such a distance between save rooms where you end up losing turtles, all the enemies with lasers and the upside down part in between doesn't help either

Hey, if it helps check out the map of dimension x bellow it's also in the guide a page back. You should be able to find one turtle to help you out of there at least.

Spoiler:
Dimension X Map - It's R for Rescue http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/sc...78eb8.jpg.html

Last edited by LeoRaph; 12-01-2014 at 04:09 AM.