The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-01-2014, 11:06 PM   #101
Leo656
The Franchise

In public stalls, if I HAVE to go (which, unfortunately, is another thing you can't avoid when you work manual labor as long as I did... I managed to avoid it for the first 3 years or so, but once I started getting sent on out of state jobs, you don't have a choice), I thoroughly wipe off and then cover the seat, with paper towels if necessary. If Most of the stalls are pretty bad and I happen upon a good one, I use more than one seat cover, just to be safe.

The only place I don't cover the seat is at work, since cleaning the bathrooms is part of everyone's job there and you actively see them get cleaned often. I'm actually more comfortable there than at home, sometimes.

All this bathroom talk reminds me of an anecdote, though. One time on a commercial job, we were finishing up the last day of the project in this huge office building. One of the office managers started getting really rude and disrespectful with a few of the people bringing the furniture in, so my buddy Anthony disappeared for a while, then came back whistling to himself, looking all proud. I'm like, "I'll bite, what's up?" He very calmly explained, "Well, that guy was being an assh*le, so I figured since today's our last day, I went ahead and took a sh*t in the bathroom sink near his office." I couldn't believe this motherf*cker. We saw people going in and out of there, so it was obviously discovered and dealt with, but nothing ever came of it. I still can't believe he did that. It's a fairly common movers' prank, though. Thank GOD I never walked in on one of those. That'd be ghastly. I mean, how does that occur to you, to do that?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #102
Davetello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
In public stalls, if I HAVE to go (which, unfortunately, is another thing you can't avoid when you work manual labor as long as I did... I managed to avoid it for the first 3 years or so, but once I started getting sent on out of state jobs, you don't have a choice), I thoroughly wipe off and then cover the seat, with paper towels if necessary. If Most of the stalls are pretty bad and I happen upon a good one, I use more than one seat cover, just to be safe.

The only place I don't cover the seat is at work, since cleaning the bathrooms is part of everyone's job there and you actively see them get cleaned often. I'm actually more comfortable there than at home, sometimes.

All this bathroom talk reminds me of an anecdote, though. One time on a commercial job, we were finishing up the last day of the project in this huge office building. One of the office managers started getting really rude and disrespectful with a few of the people bringing the furniture in, so my buddy Anthony disappeared for a while, then came back whistling to himself, looking all proud. I'm like, "I'll bite, what's up?" He very calmly explained, "Well, that guy was being an assh*le, so I figured since today's our last day, I went ahead and took a sh*t in the bathroom sink near his office." I couldn't believe this motherf*cker. We saw people going in and out of there, so it was obviously discovered and dealt with, but nothing ever came of it. I still can't believe he did that. It's a fairly common movers' prank, though. Thank GOD I never walked in on one of those. That'd be ghastly. I mean, how does that occur to you, to do that?
I've heard of that sort of thing

What was that film where guys are robbing a house or something and before they leave one of them decides to **** on the floor? It was in a film or TV show or something.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #103
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Sounds to me like being side-eyed in the men's room feels exactly like being catcalled on the street.
Now see, I don't get catcalled. I can't work out whether it's more an American thing and just isn't as commonly done over here, or if I'm just too fugly for anyone to want to bother.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #104
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

Wow. This is interesting. I mean nobody is really getting at each other's throats. It's nice. .w. Umm... I don't really know what to say now. Derp. ^D^
Old 12-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #105
Davetello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Now see, I don't get catcalled. I can't work out whether it's more an American thing and just isn't as commonly done over here, or if I'm just too fugly for anyone to want to bother.
I'm pretty sure it's because it's an American thing I've never seen a woman wolf whistled at in the street either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Lullaby View Post
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...4p-d4imlqc.gif

Wow. This is interesting. I mean nobody is really getting at each other's throats. It's nice. .w. Umm... I don't really know what to say now. Derp. ^D^
Cute pic. We are spreading the love.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:10 AM   #106
Mayhem
Foot Elite

It's like the modern version of Godwin's Law now... sooner or later, someone is going to post a pony pic
Old 12-02-2014, 04:28 AM   #107
PAAATE
Stone Warrior

One topic that makes me act like an elitist is topics that make people act like elitists, AND YOU ARE ALL WELL AND TRULY MISINFORMED.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #108
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
I don't believe either of those things are true.
Maybe it's just done to a lesser degree down under, but it's certainly not just an American thing.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #109
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Sounds to me like being side-eyed in the men's room feels exactly like being catcalled on the street.
I think this is a very accurate comparison. Just going to put that out there.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #110
pennydreadful
trash

But I think we can all agree that the subject of social protocols within public bathrooms is something that people can be elitist about. (just teasing, folks...)

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 12-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #111
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I once saw an explosive internet arguement over flushing public toilets with your foot. Apparently I'm scum of the Earth to some people for not wanting to get my hands all over the nasty bathroom.

Not that I use public bathrooms much anyway. I'll hold it for as long as possible before having to use one of those nasty places. It doesn't help that I'm rather anxious about them for... certain reasons.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #112
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Movies based on internet memes....

....and yet I'm still watching. I need help.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #113
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

There are certain things I'm pretty passionate about, but I wouldn't call myself an elitist per se as that sounds a bit too harsh. I am passionate about TMNT and wrestling the most though.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #114
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
I once saw an explosive internet arguement over flushing public toilets with your foot. Apparently I'm scum of the Earth to some people for not wanting to get my hands all over the nasty bathroom.

Not that I use public bathrooms much anyway. I'll hold it for as long as possible before having to use one of those nasty places. It doesn't help that I'm rather anxious about them for... certain reasons.
How on earth could anyone get irate over that??? People have to wash their hands after using the bathroom anyway; what's the difference whether someone's used their hand or foot to flush it? I suppose the reverse still holds true but either way, I don't get the problem with using ones foot to flush. What am I missing here?

Old 12-03-2014, 05:39 PM   #115
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

The logic is that someone that uses their hand to flush gets the previous person's shoe germs all over their hands. And the soles of one's shoes are much nastier than the bathroom, most likely.

But you're right, I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter since you wash your hands anyway.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #116
pennydreadful
trash

I'd rather touch the sole of someone's shoe than the unwashed hand of a person who'd just finished wiping their ass - call me crazy.

The flushing mechanisms of toilets are covered in germs anyway so someone putting their foot on it can hardly make it any worse.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #117
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Probably boxing. As in the sport, not the act of making boxes, or putting things in boxes.
Sometimes TMNT related stuff. Not here, but for example if someone brings up how much they loved the TMNT and just call them by their color coded bandanas I get a little irked. I was at this bar with a buddy of mine and I was wearing a TMNT shirt. I somehow start talking to this one chick also wearing a TMNT shirt and I felt compelled to correct everything wrong she said about TMNT. Just little things that irked me. It was as if my inner Nerd just lashed out for no evident reason. So I try to avoid TMNT related conversations now. Because they help no one. Hell when BayTurtles was announced people would keep asking me about what I thought about it until I would just change the subject to avoid nerd raging.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #118
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
Probably boxing. As in the sport, not the act of making boxes, or putting things in boxes.
Sometimes TMNT related stuff. Not here, but for example if someone brings up how much they loved the TMNT and just call them by their color coded bandanas I get a little irked. I was at this bar with a buddy of mine and I was wearing a TMNT shirt. I somehow start talking to this one chick also wearing a TMNT shirt and I felt compelled to correct everything wrong she said about TMNT. Just little things that irked me. It was as if my inner Nerd just lashed out for no evident reason. So I try to avoid TMNT related conversations now. Because they help no one. Hell when BayTurtles was announced people would keep asking me about what I thought about it until I would just change the subject to avoid nerd raging.
I know. I once talked to one guy who is only into the ot. He didn't even know that the bandanas were red before the cartoon, but he did know his archie turtles pretty well.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #119
Prowler
Emperor

Not sure. When I know more about something than everyone else in a discussion, I like to explain things they aren't aware about. Does that make me an elitist? That's up to you to decide.

I guess I can be a tad elitist when it comes to discussing video games.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:23 AM   #120
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Why did you revive a three-year-old thread to talk about penises?
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote