The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-14-2017, 11:44 AM   #101
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Nah. It'll take another couple of movies at least... c'mon, they're making THIS after the Cinematic Ambien that was Apocalypse. So apparently they have some tattered goodwill left to burn...
Ugh. I would hope that after people have finally seen how bad an X-Men movie can be in the wrong hands (Apocalypse) and how good an X-Men movie can be in the right hands (Logan), there would be close to no tolerance for more tiny, sh***y Singer-esque movies.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:48 AM   #102
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...s-role-1013462

They are making Lilandra the Villain? She wasn't a Villain that was Erik the Red
Old 06-14-2017, 11:49 AM   #103
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wonder what bridge Magneto will lift in this one.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:57 AM   #104
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Its pretty funny that the 90's cartoon of X-men is still more faithful than all the X-men movies combined.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:12 PM   #105
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Ugh. I would hope that after people have finally seen how bad an X-Men movie can be in the wrong hands (Apocalypse) and how good an X-Men movie can be in the right hands (Logan), there would be close to no tolerance for more tiny, sh***y Singer-esque movies.
I think we're past the point of CBMs NOT making bank in America. They're like the Fast and Furious or Transformers... some are good, some are terrible, but they all make money and they never lose a core audience. Which really irks me...

Oh well. I'm making one prediction now, and I'll absolutely be proven right:

At some point in the movie, Magneto will want to side with the aliens and destroy humanity, or use alien technology to destroy humanity. Because Magneto is ALWAYS the villain.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:17 PM   #106
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Oh well. I'm making one prediction now, and I'll absolutely be proven right:

At some point in the movie, Magneto will want to side with the aliens and destroy humanity, or use alien technology to destroy humanity. Because Magneto is ALWAYS the villain.
Do you think we will get another flashback to Auschwitz? I don't think we've seen enough of those.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:22 PM   #107
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Do you think we will get another flashback to Auschwitz? I don't think we've seen enough of those.
I'm just sitting here trying to figure out how they'll make Jennifer Lawrence the star of the movie.

Also, do you think Quicksilver will save everybody from an exploding spaceship in slo-mo?
Old 06-14-2017, 12:27 PM   #108
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Whenever the writers can't figure out why a character should change his mind about something, they toss in a sentimental First Class moment. So we'll probably get another one of those also.

Quote:
Also, do you think Quicksilver will save everybody from an exploding spaceship in slo-mo?
What classic '90s tune will he listen to? Do you think he'll still be living in his mom's basement?
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:46 PM   #109
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Actual representation of the x-men franchise not counting Logan and Deadpool

Old 06-14-2017, 01:38 PM   #111
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
You're late to the roast, buddy.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:41 PM   #112
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

so is Incredible Hulk not Beast going to be be back. Seriously I hate that beast in this movie verse can turn human whenever he wants.

Also **** J Law she comes off as a whiny bitch not wanting to wear the mystique costume when Rebecca Romijn never complained once while doing it.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #113
TheSkeletonMan939

They should kill Mystique off brutally for both Lawrence's sake and ours.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:01 PM   #114
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I'm just sitting here trying to figure out how they'll make Jennifer Lawrence the star of the movie.
You mean she isn't already the leader of the X-Men?

"Mutant and... unproud?"

Quote:
Of course. And the movie will be full of 30 other moments where, had Quicksilver been there, the situation could have been completely averted.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:40 AM   #115
TheSkeletonMan939

Whatever you say, Bryan. A bit ironic that ten years later Singer is again unable to direct the Phoenix storyline. Last time it was because of Superman Returns; has there been an "official" reason for Singer to drop out of the project this time, or have they realized that his name no longer sells tickets?
Old 06-15-2017, 09:40 AM   #116
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Yeah, he's full of sh**.

Quote:
Whatever you say, Bryan. A bit ironic that ten years later Singer is again unable to direct the Phoenix storyline. Last time it was because of Superman Returns; has there been an "official" reason for Singer to drop out of the project this time, or have they realized that his name no longer sells tickets?
Had to be something on Singer's end. Doesn't want to just be pigeonholed as X-Men guy forever, though knows that if he gets 2 X-Men duds in a row that'd be the end of even that. Deadpool and Logan's reception probably has him shook, too, feeling a bit out of touch. While the studio would doubtless be leery of giving him the car keys again after Apocalypse, I don't tend to think they'd believe Kinberg flying solo would yield better results.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:19 AM   #117
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

This franchise honestly peaked with DOFP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:16 AM   #118
TheSkeletonMan939

I would say that First Class was the high point. It was the first time that anyone outside of Wolverine or Jean felt like a real character.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:18 AM   #119
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

First Class was definitely the high point for me. I thought DOFP was mediocre and a wasted opportunity.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:24 AM   #120
TheSkeletonMan939

Some of my reservations about DoFP were fixed with the Rogue Cut, but the whole thing about Mystique changing her ways was so forced and almost silly.