The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-17-2020, 10:33 AM   #61
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A new short, "Snow Globe":

Loved it. Todd and Lydia made such a fascinating pair of characters. I wouldn't have minded seeing them last longer...

She playing him, he oblivious to her disinterest... if Walt hadn't intervened, would Lydia have eventually had Todd killed? Or would Todd have made the first move and taken rejection very, very poorly? How would that have shaken up Todd's dad and uncle?
Old 02-18-2020, 04:24 AM   #62
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I just don't know how he got so fat. I swear I burst out laughing the first time I saw him in the Camino movie. They didn't even try to hide his weight.
He put on weight for roles in Black Mass and Fargo, according to IMDb.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 01:14 PM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's interesting to think how everyone's lives would have been different if Walter White hasn't ever met any of the people in the show, or simply just never went on that first ride-along.

* Jesse. Interestingly, I think Jesse may have actually ended up worse without Walt. There's a sharp trajectory for big meth heads about 100% of the time and it's straight down, and fast. Without the kind of reality checks he saw on the show he might not have ever broken out of that rut.

* Hank. He'd probably be great. He'd probably follow the same trajectory as Hank on the show but he'd be looking not for Heisenberg but for Gale. Though Gale wouldn't have had any of Walt's slipups so there's nothing to suggest there'd be much for Hank to do.

* Skyler. She'd be fine. An ordinary marriage with a dying husband.

* Marie. No change, really, beyond having a living husband beyond a certain point.

* Gus. Presumably everything would have gone perfectly according to plan with Gale as his cook, cooking only a few % less pure than Walt's meth. He would have won the cartel war and maintained his secret drug empire independent from Mexico. Hank would've never had any reason to suspect him.

* Tuco. Probably would be in prison again for something stupid, but otherwise alive. Though I'd imagine once Gus proceeded with the final phase of his cartel war, he'd have to have Tuco killed.

* Mike. He'd be alive, making his money with Gus and then retiring. His granddaughter would get all the money he wanted to give her, no problem.

* Saul. He'd still be doing Saul things, happily, presumably with Kim in the shadows.

* The neo-nazis. Well, they'd still be up to bad stuff. But they wouldn't be millionaires and wouldn't be dead either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
He put on weight for roles in Black Mass and Fargo, according to IMDb.
And then kept it for 7 years?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 01:37 PM   #64
neatoman
Emperor

Well... Walt was Jesse's teacher a few years before the start of the series and it's never fully established what their pre-meth relationship was like. While the show only ever implies Jesse was little more than a random student with bad grades, not really someone Walt really gave a shit about before he thought he'd be of use, it is possible Walt did something (intentionally or not) that led to or worsened Jesse's drug problem during high school.

Come to think of it, Walt might have been better off if he never involved Jesse in the first place. He sought out his help because he thought Jesse had the street smarts Walt himself lacked, only to realise Jesse smoked too much of the supply himself to make any profit and barely had any contacts. Any know-how Jesse relayed to Walt is something he could and would have figured out by himself, nor would he be forced to help Jesse out of trouble all the time.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 01:54 PM   #65
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Things would've worked out perfectly for Walt had Jessie not ****ed up over and over again. I never understood how people tried to redeem him while demonizing Walt. Had Walt not saved Jessie from his own messes he made his life would've been different, he could've been breaking good.

Walter did nothing wrong, he did it all for his family, he never broke bad. Even his final act was selfless, he told his wife he did it for himself and not the family but it was because of his family, that's why he sacrifices himself for Jessie.

Quote:
A way major oversimplification. Poisoning Brock, a small child? Basically killing Jesse's girlfriend? Snitching out Jesse to the neo nazis (who he was actually hoping would shoot him), who beat him for like a year while he was chained in a cell? Blowing up a bomb in a hospital filled with elderly people? Who knew where that shrapnel was going to go?
He knew the kid would be fine. Jessie girlfriend was psychotic you would've done the same, he just pulled a Batman begins "I won't kill you but i don't have to save you". Jesse had plenty of opportunities and kept messing things up.

Walter did nothing wrong

Last edited by sdp; 02-19-2024 at 03:04 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:19 PM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord

Jessie probably would have been killed or shot by a rival drug gang if he never met Walt and just tried selling drugs on his own like he was doing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 04:25 PM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Walter did nothing wrong, he did it all for his family, he never broke bad. Even his final act was selfless, he told his wife he did it for himself and not the family but it was because of his family, that's why he sacrifices himself for Jessie.
A way major oversimplification. Poisoning Brock, a small child? Basically killing Jesse's girlfriend? Snitching out Jesse to the neo nazis (who he was actually hoping would shoot him), who beat him for like a year while he was chained in a cell? Blowing up a bomb in a hospital filled with elderly people? Who knew where that shrapnel was going to go?
Old 03-24-2022, 05:40 PM   #68
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

There are some terrible takes in here tonight
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 07:44 PM   #69
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
There are some terrible takes in here tonight
You expect anything less from Bad Opinions: The Guy?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 08:02 PM   #70
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Did you even pay attention while watching the show? Walter did nothing wrong? He fully engaged in the illegal manufacture and distribution of drugs! He manipulated multiple people to commit illegal acts for his benefit and many of those manipulations and illegal acts led to people dying! Were many of the people involved in his schemes scumbags? Sure, but it was still illegal! And the reason he sacrificed himself to save Jesse was essentially an admission of guilt for all of the ways he wronged Jesse. It was in his mind the one good thing he could do in the end.

By your logic if a struggling family man decides to start a sex trafficking ring by kidnapping teenage girls in an effort to earn a metric fvckton of money for his family because they are falling behind on the mortgage and little Johnny needs braces then good on him! He did nothing wrong!
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 08:05 PM   #71
Leo656
The Franchise

Dude.

If you have NOTHING better to do and also hate yourself, click on sdp's blog/website thing and read some of his "hot takes". A ton of stuff will make sense immediately.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Just saying, it pays to know who you're dealing with.

Old 03-24-2022, 08:10 PM   #72
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Dude.

If you have NOTHING better to do and also hate yourself, click on sdp's blog/website thing and read some of his "hot takes". A ton of stuff will make sense immediately.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Just saying, it pays to know who you're dealing with.
Oh I appreciate it and I am aware of his many, let’s say questionable opinions on things, and I usually don’t respond when I see them but this time I was just bored enough to give it a go.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 09:08 PM   #73
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Dude.

You can make sense of his ****** writing and punctuation? I gave up on like, the first run-on sentence when I visited years ago.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 09:12 PM   #74
Leo656
The Franchise

Sometimes when I'm very sick I have nothing but time and if I'm already aggravated I figure it can't get much worse. But yeah, once was enough, I saw everything I "needed" to see and I'll never get the time back.

Could be part of the whole "pretending to be a much younger, 'hipper' person" gimmick. I saw a list on Yahoo the other day about "Things Older People Do That Millennials Hate", and one of them was legit "Old people actually care about spelling and punctuation like it matters, and they put spaces between things like it's a term paper, so funny but so tragic." And You Know Who was the first person I thought of.

Old 06-06-2022, 02:09 AM   #75
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
You can make sense of his ****** writing and punctuation? I gave up on like, the first run-on sentence when I visited years ago.
Damn. That's Cure's last post on the Drome. Guy is dead, apparently.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:20 AM   #76
Leo656
The Franchise

How very fitting that his last post was in response to something I said. Although he wasn't calling me a moron, so it's also a bit out of character.

Old 06-06-2022, 04:25 AM   #77
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Damn. That's Cure's last post on the Drome. Guy is dead, apparently.
Holy sh*t. I didn't know him that well but that certainly made my heart drop. What happened? How'd you find out?
Old 06-06-2022, 05:26 AM   #78
CyberCubed
Overlord

Really? This is news to me. Usually when people disappear from forums I just assume it's because they got bored of this place and move on like Cylons did or all the other old users from the early 2000's.

What happened?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:21 AM   #79
Leo656
The Franchise

Powder would know more, apparently they were friends.

Old 06-06-2022, 07:24 AM   #80
superstaff
Mad Scientist

The only time I interacted with Cure that I can remember was a couple of years ago when he insulted me over something. I forgot what it was exactly, and I'm too lazy to look through my comment history. Still it's always a heavy, sad feeling to know someone died, especially someone young (I'm assuming he was anyway). Rest in Peace, Cure.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote