The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 02:33 PM   #21
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Do you think that Nickelodeon should continue to own/produce TMNT shows?
No.
_______
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yes they should.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #23
ToTheNines
[sic]

This is definitely a "wish in one hand, sh*t in the other" situation.

I really love the 2012 cartoon, but that's thanks to Ciro and the writers/artists/animators. Not any goddamn suits at Nickelodeon.

They treated the show like garbage and I can't believe it was even as successful as it was. But they treat other programs even worse, believe it or not. After this latest scheduling stunt, I'm done giving Nickelodeon anymore money unless it's through IDW.

That being said, I don't have very nice things to say about their competition. WB sucks, Disney sucks...
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nick did the same thing with the last season of The Legend of Korra. I think they aired it online only on their site and didn't even air the last season on TV. Tons of people were complaining they wouldn't even air the last 13 episodes on their channel.

This was back in 2014 too when it ended so this was only a few years ago. I guess 3 years later the TMNT cartoon would have the same thing happen to it.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #25
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nick did the same thing with the last season of The Legend of Korra. I think they aired it online only on their site and didn't even air the last season on TV. Tons of people were complaining they wouldn't even air the last 13 episodes on their channel.

This was back in 2014 too when it ended so this was only a few years ago. I guess 3 years later the TMNT cartoon would have the same thing happen to it.
At least this way there's no more of that "Let's air 3 or 4 episodes then wait 2 months" crap, if they didn't dump it DVD and Nicktoons we'd have to wait until February for them to complete a 10 episode stretch that could have concluded in in October with a weekly schedule.

Honestly, is anyone else convinced the show could have easily ended last year?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:24 PM   #26
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
At least this way there's no more of that "Let's air 3 or 4 episodes then wait 2 months" crap, if they didn't dump it DVD and Nicktoons we'd have to wait until February for them to complete a 10 episode stretch that could have concluded in in October with a weekly schedule.

Honestly, is anyone else convinced the show could have easily ended last year?
If they followed a normal schedule from day 1, the finale would have aired like March-May this year.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:59 AM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

If the 2018 series is received poorly, then I'm pretty sure Nick isn't going to just pump out one new TMNT reboot after another. They'll probably stop for a while if the show isn't well received.

I very much doubt it's ratings will be much different than the current Nick cartoon, especially if the airing of new episodes is just as random with long breaks.

Maybe if that's the case Ciro can get a brief revival for a DTV movie or something down the road.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:34 AM   #28
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Wait they're not going to air the remaining episodes on TV anymore? Or just on Nicktoons? I don't have that channel at the moment. Where can I see the rest of them, on DVD?

Thier schedule was already inexcusable but why stop when it's about to end? Having Nicktoons isn't the point. Thier main channel should air its entirety.

Well to answer the topic I'm fine with them continuing to make TMNT shows. The 2012 series was good. I understand there's gotta be different departments for running things.

Whoever is in charge of scheduling is an @-hole. That hiatus crap needs to stop. Other channels do it too.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:41 AM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

The eps will be airing on Nicktoons, but they're also all being released on DVD very quickly. You can also just watch them online.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:49 AM   #30
Wildcat
Foot Elite

So on Nick.com? They don't remove them after a certain time? I only see a few of the more recent ones.
Old 09-12-2017, 03:01 AM   #31
newfan
Mad Scientist

It seems that they both created (though not the actual creating) and then deliberately hurt this show. Are the other kids networks similar with the airing?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:53 AM   #32
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
If they followed a normal schedule from day 1, the finale would have aired like March-May this year.
A traditional TV season doesn't even begin in March. It begins in September, with Christmas break between late-November and mid-January.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:28 AM   #33
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
A traditional TV season doesn't even begin in March. It begins in September, with Christmas break between late-November and mid-January.
Let's see here:
S1 12/13
S2 13/14
S3 14/15
S4 15/16

Then from september 2016:
Sep, 5 sundays
oct, 4 sundays
Nov, 3 or 4 sundays
Jan, 3 sundays discounting the first 2
Feb, 4 sundays

... March 5 2017. It could have ended about 7 months ago if not less...
Hahahaha!
Old 09-12-2017, 08:41 AM   #34
ToTheNines
[sic]

Season 4 didn't finish until late February 2017.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:44 AM   #35
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Nick was the best thing to happen to TMNT. Otherwise the franchise would be non-existent since 2010.

No new TMNT material at all for the last 7 years and counting would be absurd. Both Mirage and the 2k3 series was over, we'd have nothing else since.
Yeah I have to agree here. Regardless of whether you liked Nick's show it made TMNT arguably more popular than it was during the 4Kids era.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:07 AM   #36
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Season 4 didn't finish until late February 2017.
I know, this is just a theoretical schedule starting from the begining based on what Original TMNT Cartoon Fan said. If each season started in September and aired weekly except for December to mid January, season 4 would have ended in the first quarter of 2016 while season 5 would have started in september 2016.
Hahahaha!
Old 09-14-2017, 10:35 AM   #37
DWC
Banned

The best shows would be either a live action Mirage adaptation on Netflix a la the Marvel shows, or an animated series based on IDW. Former will never happen under Viacom/Nick but it would be so exciting.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote