The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2022, 06:19 PM   #21
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Jennika was never an intersting character. She was a flat, uninteresting two-dimensional cardboard cutout of a character who hung around with Splinter and added no real value to the dynamic or the story, who was then turned into a turtle to artificially inflate her importance without actually doing the work to truly develop her. She was boring before, and she's still boring now, only now she takes up an important slot in the plot despite in no way earning it. Being turned into a turtle was itself the most interesting thing that ever happened to her, and even then, something happened to her. She still didn't do anything worthwhile.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 06:36 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

jennika was never that interesting as a human, in a lot of issues I remember she only appeared for like 1 page with the same stoic expression and nothing more.

I mean a lot of the third-tier IDW characters are pretty dull or irrelevant after awhile, the problem is they keep appearing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:45 AM   #23
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

I genuinely was not expecting Jennika to be part of the main cast while she was still human. She was just that... flat of a character. The more time went on the more obvious they were trying to force her into the plot but I genuinely didn't expect her to be turned into a turtle.

But that's not like the "Oh wow, what a twist I can't believe they did that!" exciting subversion of expectations. It was more like "Really? THAT character? That dull ass nothing of a character is the one you're trying to push for Summerslam? Okay..."

Honestly... if they had moved Venus' story to the forefront of the Mutant Town arc, like as one of the first things that happened (after the gang got back together, of course), I think she would have made a FAR more interesting female turtle addition. They could have had the same pandering publicity that they did with Jennika, just with a more interesting character. And it would have been positioned at a better time in the comic's release schedule to give a surge of interest in the series post #100. And before you say "But Jennika is a brand NEW turtle to the IP! That's why she got so much publicity!", my response to that would be "Well, then call the mutant half-turtle/half-frog (currently named Venus) Jennika instead." The names are basically interchangeable, and it's not like IDW Venus has any relation to previous iterations. So just say that the half-breed mutant is Jennika, the ALL NEW FEMALE TURTLE to the IP! Woooo, exciting! Problem solved.

Last edited by Cloudrunner; 08-02-2022 at 06:51 AM.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:22 AM   #24
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Somehow I get the feeling that the fourth female turtle will have black and yellow skin and her name will be Laquesha.
Once we get four femle Ninja Turtles, the TMNT franchise will probably end up cancelled for a while, and then re-booted with an all-female main cast.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 09:04 PM   #25
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Once we get four femle Ninja Turtles, the TMNT franchise will probably end up cancelled for a while, and then re-booted with an all-female main cast.
*gulp*

Sorry, threw up a little in my mouth just now
Old 08-04-2022, 09:33 AM   #26
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
*gulp*

Sorry, threw up a little in my mouth just now
Please don't, that's how we get female Turtles.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote