The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-04-2019, 05:08 PM   #141
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

IF that was Loki's actual death (and it absolutely wasn't), most/all of the impact was sucked away a few scenes later when Thor is joking to the Guardians about him dying a lot.

Personally, he should have made his big sacrifice in Thor 2 and it should have stuck.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:17 PM   #142
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I feel like Thor expressed his emotions in his own way, trying to distance himself from them to some extent. Sure, he tries to downplay it and even inject some humor into the situation, but only as a way of trying to cope with the pain. You can clearly see he's hurting when he rattles off all that he's been through in the past few years and by how willing he was to throw himself into what was very nearly a suicide mission. I feel like I understand Thor''s processing of his trauma because it's a very similar process to my own–just ignoring it and engaging in risk-seeking behavior as a means of distraction/avoidance.

I kinda hope that was Loki's actual death we saw in Infinity War because it emphasizes how Loki had evolved and his and Thor's relationship as brothers had been repaired enough to the point that Loki felt he had to try to do something, anything, even something desperate and stupid to save his brother.

It is possible that Loki actually died in Infinity War and will be restored to life through either some kind of resurrection or transfer from an alternate timeline.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:37 PM   #143
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Avengers: Endgame Promo Campaign Will Only Use Footage from First 20 Minutes

Avengers: Endgame Promo Campaign Will Only Use Footage from First 20 Minutes

Marvel's playing it really close to the vest with the marketing for Endgame, which isn't surprising. I am taking everything they say with a grain of salt though, as Marvel Studios has shown that they will flat-out lie about certain things, be it verbally or through intentionally misleading trailers showing scenes not actually made for the film (none of which I fault them for; I love reading movie & TV spoilers but I still always want some surprises when watching the first time).

Also, I love this theory that posits Luis will be the one to rescue Scott Lang from the Quantum Realm by tracking down his van and using the quantum tunneler, if only so that he and Lang can be roped into the Infinity War and Luis can then in-turn brief someone on what's been going on by recapping events like only he can
Old 01-08-2019, 02:07 AM   #144
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

After Thor 1, and Avengers 1, really the only place to take Loki was the somewhat reluctant but heroic sacrifice route. I feel like Thor 2, everyone involved was committed to that and making it matter... but then Marvel/Disney realized that their entire female fanbase wanted to have sex with Tom Hiddleston. So they crippled Thor 2 with huge reshoots built around Loki that weren't there before and nothing's ever quite been "right" in Dodge in the Thor camp since.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:45 AM   #145
newfan
Mad Scientist

A death in 2 would have worked as pointed out, he would have redeemed himself there, on the other hand he is the god of mischief so him faking it kinda worked too. He seems to have become the lovable bad guy (you know bad but not entirely and with a bit of humour) I had no problem with him surviving, course it can be overkill to keep repeating... I'd wonder they were going for their own version of South Park's Kenny

Last edited by newfan; 01-08-2019 at 02:50 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:51 AM   #146
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
After Thor 1, and Avengers 1, really the only place to take Loki was the somewhat reluctant but heroic sacrifice route. I feel like Thor 2, everyone involved was committed to that and making it matter... but then Marvel/Disney realized that their entire female fanbase wanted to have sex with Tom Hiddleston. So they crippled Thor 2 with huge reshoots built around Loki that weren't there before and nothing's ever quite been "right" in Dodge in the Thor camp since.
Right on the money, amigo.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:24 PM   #147
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man's Potential Rescuer Might Have Just Been Spoiled

Seems like as far as spoilers go this isn't anything so important as to be kept secret since it's coming through somewhat official means
Spoiler:

It's Rocket
Old 01-11-2019, 08:55 AM   #148
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man's Potential Rescuer Might Have Just Been Spoiled

Seems like as far as spoilers go this isn't anything so important as to be kept secret since it's coming through somewhat official means
Considering there aren't a lot of people left alive TO rescue him OR have a spaceship, well...
Old 02-05-2019, 08:40 AM   #150
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

This film looks insane, all the characters look like they are going through depression after loosing every one they care about, particularly Cap who appears to be having an identify crises issue.

For Tony, he doesn't have time for tears yet as he needs to find a away off the planet first, that's one thing I admire about his character. He can make any thing out of the smallest parts he can find which most would consider trash, the mans brilliant.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:40 AM   #151
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Endgame will be the last movie for Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/g...it-1203142428/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:21 AM   #152
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
This film looks insane, all the characters look like they are going through depression after loosing every one they care about, particularly Cap who appears to be having an identify crises issue.

For Tony, he doesn't have time for tears yet as he needs to find a away off the planet first, that's one thing I admire about his character. He can make any thing out of the smallest parts he can find which most would consider trash, the mans brilliant.
Well said.

I'm just concerned about tempering my own expectations at this point. I am too excited for my own good.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:00 AM   #153
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Endgame will be the last movie for Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/g...it-1203142428/
Hm... maybe no reason to bring back a grieving widow, then.

*reads article*

No, she doesn't say that she's retiring at all. In fact, she says the opposite. Basically, "I'm getting old now so I doubt they'd come at me with anything substantial, but I'm always available!"
Old 03-07-2019, 05:51 PM   #154
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Spoiler:
So when the Avengers get ready to go after Thanos again, they ask themselves "How do we know it will end differently this time?" Captain Marvel answers, "Because this time you have me."

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aveng...oilers-a167012

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-07-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:01 PM   #155
Galactus
Foot Elite

^^^

I know it's minor thing but shouldn't that be in spoiler tags.

Also it's a very comic Carol Danvers thing to say. From reports about how her personality in her movie is in her movie it's largely the same.

Don't freak out. Her presence will make a difference as will Ant-Man's but it's highly unlikely she's going to get the last blow against Thanos or whoever the Endgame big bad is. It'll be one or more the original Avengers. You'll be fine.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:08 PM   #156
AquaParade
Banned

Do we know anything about Spider-Man's presence in the movie?

We all know he'll be brought back somehow, but are there any hints to him having a role to play? Or Tom Holland being spotted on set?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:46 AM   #157
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

New trailer hype!

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:00 AM   #158
ZariusTwo
Overlord

And the poster too

Spoiler:
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:45 AM   #159
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
New trailer hype!

That was way less Captain Marvel than I was expecting.

Also, April 26th needs to hurry the fvck up.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:49 AM   #160
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Less Captain Marvel is still too much.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avengers cuckgame, captain marvel saves day