The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 12:39 AM   #981
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Tyler Perry talks about his role in TMNT 2

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/01/1...llain-role?.it
I'm really looking forward to his hammy acting and delivery because in all honestly dude acts like a cartoon from the snippets of footage I've seen which is cool with me
Old 01-16-2016, 10:45 AM   #982
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Tyler Perry talks about his role in TMNT 2

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/01/1...llain-role?.it
Doing it for the kid(s).

Called it when I saw the Reddit post title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:22 AM   #983
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

To quote Moviebob: "Saying we're making a kid's movie is not a liscense to slack off. It's accepting a responsibility to try harder. To do your best. And they didn't. They f***ked up."
Old 01-16-2016, 12:15 PM   #984
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
"...so he'll be able to see the Ninja Turtles, and then maybe I'll do something else for him."
I may not be in 'the biz' to be able to talk, but that's an odd way to take film roles.

I mean... not that there aren't reasons it makes sense, such as "Hey, I'm a parent now, so I've decided to dial back on the raunchy stuff," nor that it's wrong to want to do some family friendly things they're comfortable with their kid seeing later, but suggesting taking a TMNT role for the benefit of an infant is slightly insulting.

Quote:
"...so he'll be able to see the Ninja Turtles when he's a little older, and then maybe I'll do something else for him."
There. Fixed it.

I dunno. I'm not really hating on him for it or anything. Think it just annoys me because he's not the first actor to suggest doing it because of his young kid - think Knoxville claimed similar (like they'd think he was cool or something for it) with the first - so just sort of bugs me, because the film is not for your kid specifically... it's for a worldwide audience. Many of them older fans who have known and loved (and far more attached to) TMNT for 20 or 30 years longer than your kid has even existed. This isn't kindergarten stuff here, contrary to what some older and/or out of touch actors and film makers might think. >.>

In my day young kids were taken to see frigging Disney and the like, not real (or realistically rendered) crashing cars and brutal weapon-laden fights...
Old 01-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #985
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Found another interview with Tyler Perry.
http://zap2it.com/2016/01/tyler-perr...turtles-2-fly/

Tyler Perry is getting to show a new side of himself in the upcoming “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.” The man many know as Madea is getting a chance to play the villainous Baxter Stockman and he’s done his research on the character’s long history.

Speaking to Zap2it and a group of other outlets at the winter press tour panel for FOX’s ‘The Passion Live,” Perry says most of the time he doesn’t want to know a character’s history before he takes a role, but “Ninja Turtles” simple isn’t one of those projects.

“When I did ‘Alex Cross,’ Morgan Freeman played Cross. I mean, he played God. How can you go back? I didn’t even want to compare myself to any of that. I just wanted to do the best that I could in that situation,” he says. “A lot of times I’ll just do the best that I can. For ‘Ninja Turtles,’ like ‘Star Trek’ or ‘Star Wars,’ you’ve got to know what’s going on there, so I had to go back and do some research.”

Still, that doesn’t necessarily mean the movie will be following a previous version of the character. Thus far, the sequel looks heavily influenced by the 80s “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” cartoon, which saw the Baxter Stockman character become a hybrid of a man and a fly.

Instead, Perry assures he will not merely be a “special effect” in the movie. “I’m just a crazy wig and glasses,” he says. “That’s pretty exciting.” So those holding out hope for Baxter the fly in the film are out of luck — though, who’s to say he won’t become one in the sequel?

Really though, the driving force behind doing the movie was his son. “I saw the last one and I thought, ‘I want to be a part of this.’ I also wanted to give my son, who just turned 1, a different idea of what an actor is, and not just me playing Madea,” Perry explains. “He’s too young to see ‘Gone Girl,’ so he’ll be able to see the ‘Ninja Turtles,’ and then maybe I’ll do something else for him.”
Old 01-16-2016, 09:22 PM   #986
Powder
So tired of this place

You realize that's literally the same exact interview posted by a different site, right?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 01-16-2016, 09:25 PM   #987
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You realize that's literally the same exact interview posted by a different site, right?
With some extra bits.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:59 PM   #988
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Alan Ritchson posted this on Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAyBCOmDch-/

Family reunion. #TMNT2 pickups

They are doing pickup shots for TMNT 2.

This is what this is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pick-up_%28filmmaking%29

In filmmaking, a pick-up is a small, relatively minor shot filmed or recorded after the fact to augment footage already shot. When entire scenes are redone, it is referred to as a re-shoot.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 01-21-2016 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:05 PM   #989
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Alan Ritchson posted this on Instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BAyBCOmDch-/

Family reunion. #TMNT2 pickups

https://scontent-dfw1-1.cdninstagram...40919190_n.jpg

They are doing pickup shots for TMNT 2.
I saw this earlier. What is a pickup shot?

Old 01-21-2016, 02:06 PM   #990
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
I saw this earlier. What is a pickup shot?
Look at my previous post again, I edited it again with what Pickup Shots are.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:08 PM   #991
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Look at my previous post again, I edited it again with what Pickup Shots are.
Oh right thanks.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:09 PM   #992
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Oh right thanks.
You're welcome, here's more from that Wiki on why Pickup Shots are done.

Both of these types of shots usually occur after continuity, logic, or quality issues are identified during the film editing process. In other words, such shots are occurring months after the sets have been struck, the costumes and props have been stored, and all the cast and most of the crew have moved on to other projects. If these issues had been identified during principal photography, the director would simply have asked for another take. Thus, the director and producer must carefully balance the cost of reuniting key cast and crew members on set against whether the pick-ups or re-shoots are absolutely necessary to fix plot holes (or worse) in the final cut.

Its very typical for movies to have a series of pickups after principal photography is done, this is usually to fix some issues they probably encountered while editing, so they shot some additional scenes to be added with the footage already shot.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 01-21-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:32 PM   #993
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Neat shot with zero context to get the imagination going.

We've got two who look a little tense and guarded, and two who do not... Random guess: 2 vs 2 training match? No weapons, but perhaps hand to hand or just a piece to drop in there before footage recorded via stunt guys?

I'm probably way off, but pic makes for interesting speculation.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:36 PM   #994
Galactus
Foot Elite

Pickups aren't a big deal but maybe it's just me but it seems a bit more complicated when it involves cgi, especially the full motion capture performances which is expensive.

Also remember the official story at the time was that Megan Fox was just doing pickups when it was clear they were actually re-shooting a lot of the movie. Gets the ol' paranoia glands going, doesn't it?
Old 01-21-2016, 09:41 PM   #995
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Gets the ol' paranoia glands going, doesn't it?
Absolutely. But I know what to expect this time around.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 01-21-2016, 10:52 PM   #996
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

At the risk of sounding like a broken record: I'm fully assuming that they didn't even have a proper/coherent script during production and they're trying to patch things up during post. Like they clearly did last time.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:31 AM   #997
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
At the risk of sounding like a broken record: I'm fully assuming that they didn't even have a proper/coherent script during production and they're trying to patch things up during post. Like they clearly did last time.
What's makes you say that. Last time I understand because there was so much indecision on what the direction and tone would be. And issues with reception of fans. This time around they have a more cohesive structure. Why wouldn't they have a script ready by the time production started? They already had plans for a sequel before it even left the theaters. Just saying

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
Old 01-22-2016, 09:31 AM   #998
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
This time around they have a more cohesive structure.
i am going to use your own quote in response to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
What's makes you say that.
aside from characters and one major scene (A RANDOM PARADE) we still have no idea of the direction of this film...people can speculate, but its no confirmation that it will be good

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 01-22-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:39 PM   #999
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
i am going to use your own quote in response to this

aside from characters and one major scene (A RANDOM PARADE) we still have no idea of the direction of this film...people can speculate, but its no confirmation that it will be good
The trailers from the first one had shown one tone and the movie another it's like the found after the fact that they wanted to go with a more lighthearted version. Which they did. From the get go this has a more lighthearted feel. That along with set reports and interviews. I'm not saying don't be cautious. But to outright say they still don't have a script or direction is kind a bold statement. One I greatly doubt.

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
Old 01-22-2016, 06:59 PM   #1000
Leo656
The Franchise

For one thing, just based on the time-frame of how these kind of things operate and how long it actually takes to get movies made, and how early that they started shooting on this one... they didn't have TIME for there to be a script.

What they most likely DID have, was a series of "Big Moments" they knew HAD to be in the movie in some way, shape or form, just like they knew the Snow Chase had to be in the first movie. Lots of movies in this mold are made this way. "Nothing is on paper but we have an IDEA of what we want to do. And we have to start shooting because we need to be done by a certain date, so we can't wait for a script, we just have to shoot a bunch of stuff and make a movie out of it afterwards." I've mentioned this multiple times, but just to cite two Big Examples, both Alien 3 AND Green Lantern were shot with no script, just notes of generic things they "absolutely had" to include. In other words, they mostly made it up as they went along. And BOTH of those movies had WAY more care and attention given to them than these TMNT movies would ever get.

So, once more, based on the compressed time-frame and how early they started shooting, how FAST they shot it, the fact that they're quoted WAY late in the game as saying they were "trying to work out" characters like Casey and Krang... and that we also know, for a fact, that some of the ACTORS weren't even cast for certain parts until the move was almost finished filming, which means they weren't even sure HOW they wanted those characters to be portrayed...

Climb up the Mountain Of Evidence, and look around, and you'll see a lot of things; most clearly you'll see a rushed movie slapped together in an absolute panic, but what you will NOT see, anywhere, is a script. The odds are far and away against it, if you look at Facts and don't take it on Faith that they had one.

BUT, it does look like they spent some time on the FW cartoon's Wikipedia page, so maybe they felt they didn't NEED a script. That'd be funny; it'd be great if in the end credits it said "Written By: Wikipedia." I'd give 'em huge points for honesty, if nothing else.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Closed Thread

Tags
bantraximus, cybercubed_smells_bad, ninjaplease, trollimus, weedinfestation