The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-23-2020, 01:39 PM   #21
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

The problem is that each time a western children's cartoon or comic tries to get tougher, parents will complain over its too violent content and push the government politicians to action.

At the end, we all sit there once again, brainwashing ourself with the same prejuice as years ago:

Cartoons and comics are only for children
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers already do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 03:23 PM   #22
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Heavy Metal is another fave of mine, as well as Roger Rabbit, and I love Ninja Scroll, Akira, Princess Mononoke, Biohunter, and a number of other anime. The Wall is one I can watch, but find somewhat disturbing for all the overused Nazi and sexual imagery. It just doesn't sit well. Could never stand Beavis and Butthead, nor South Park, but I love Aeon Flux, The Maxx, and some of the other shorts from that era.
What adult animation shows you like?

I like Cowboy Bebop, Spawn, Simpsons (1989 to Behind the Laughter only no Zombie Simpsons), Futurama, Aeon Flux, The Maxx, Bojack Horseman, Duckman, The Maxx, The Critic and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The problem is that each time a western children's cartoon or comic tries to get tougher, parents will complain over its too violent content and push the government politicians to action.

At the end, we all sit there once again, brainwashing ourself with the same prejuice as years ago:

Cartoons and comics are only for children
Outdated stigma.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM   #23
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Even puppetry is underappreciated and glad we have that Dark Crystal prequel show to prove puppetry isn't just a kids thing.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote