The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-10-2024, 03:22 PM   #4481
ResidentEvil7
Thug

Watching pinball man cave videos while having a nice cold beer. That's how to watch a manly gaming video; beer.
ResidentEvil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 05:50 PM   #4482
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

I’m rubbing off my little nephew.

He loves the TMNT shirts we bought him so much that he wants to wear them all the time, and then one morning he tells his grandma, “I dreamed of ninja turtles!”

Old 03-29-2024, 10:25 AM   #4483
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

For last night, went to Bruce Springsteen's concert.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 03:22 PM   #4484
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No total eclipse here, but over 88% was still cool to see. Had some clouds to contend with peak onwards, so viewing was sporadic, but on the up side some thinner clouds made is safely visible to the eye and let me get a few pics post-peak. (We did have the glasses/viewing cards for the breaks in the clouds.)

edit: The good part about having clouds, if some spots aren't too thick.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-08-2024 at 03:40 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 03:58 PM   #4485
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

We got a full view of the solar eclipse for two minutes! Thank God we had good weather today. It was AMAZING! I played “Black Hole Sun” on my iPad during the event and that made the experience even more awesome! I couldn’t help but hoop and holler, I was just so exited, and I even started to cry afterwards.

Old 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM   #4486
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Awesome, were you in an area of totality?

Do wish I could also have gotten a pic at peak here, when it was just a skinny sliver.

I hung out outside in our yard the majority of the time, and did at least get to see much of it from start to finish.
Old 04-08-2024, 05:10 PM   #4487
ResidentEvil7
Thug

Here outside Chicago, we had as much as 94% coverage of the sun and it looked a little dark, but darker inside my house. My cat might of reacted because as it was happening, he looked up at the window with a confused look.
Old 04-08-2024, 05:26 PM   #4488
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Awesome, were you in an area of totality?
Oh yeah! Because the weather in our area was so nice and we would get a full view, about a thousand people traveled to our town. I don’t think we’ve ever been this popular before, lol.

We watched it on our driveway. The air got cooler and the atmosphere felt…off. Even our bodies were starting to feel a bit weird. Then it slowly got darker until finally the moon blocked the sun and we staring up at the total solar eclipse. It’s one thing to watch the event live on TV; to watch it happen with your own eyes in your own front yard is a whole different experience and it’s unforgettable. It was like being in a strange new dimension, it was that unreal.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 04-08-2024 at 05:36 PM.
Cowabung-Gal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 08:41 PM   #4489
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That's crazy. I'll prob never seen a total one... According to info I looked up, the last total in my area was in the 1400s and the next, well, 9 days after my 100th birthday, so yeah, doubt I'll make it. lol (And if I did, would I even be aware?)

Light got odd here too of course, not dark, but like a weird evening light, but from the wrong angle. People say birds get quiet(er), but not sure they did with this amount of dimming, or at least I couldn't tell. A bunch of sparrows decided to spend the time fighting over bird houses instead. They actually gave up and settled down AFTER it was getting lighter again. lol
Old 04-09-2024, 01:12 PM   #4490
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Light got odd here too of course, not dark, but like a weird evening light, but from the wrong angle. People say birds get quiet(er), but not sure they did with this amount of dimming, or at least I couldn't tell. A bunch of sparrows decided to spend the time fighting over bird houses instead. They actually gave up and settled down AFTER it was getting lighter again. lol
Some people say they even hear crickets during an eclipse.

Anyway, this was what we saw right over our house.

Like I said, it was incredible. And listening to “Black Hole Sun” while it happened…wow.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 04-09-2024 at 01:23 PM.
Cowabung-Gal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 02:30 PM   #4491
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So lucky, that must have been amazing.

Prob around the first 30 second mark looks like what we saw here, then it started widening up at the bottom again.
Old 04-09-2024, 03:11 PM   #4492
Braeden99
Random Punk

Was tossing out garbage the other day and noticed some kid drew a Turtle. Thought that was pretty cool!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20231104_002323662.jpg (80.9 KB, 9 views)
Braeden99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 12:32 PM   #4493
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ha! Too bad it was already in the garbage, otherwise if it was me I'd have rescued it. lol But at least he lives on, online.

April so far... rare but moderate, not scary earthquake for some excitement, 88% covered eclipse for some excitement, Last Ronin film announcement for some excitement, friend and I BOTH got perm mounts in loot in one of our games last night ($15 each if bought with real money) and been so long since we got anything cool like that, *cough* b-day coming up (albeit ignoring the number), then TMNT's own 40th coming soon after in the start of next month... Things are being kinda fun right now.
Old 04-13-2024, 02:45 PM   #4494
ResidentEvil7
Thug

Today the weather here in Chicago is in the mid 70s. I spent the day going out to The Olive Garden with my mom and stepfather and then take a nature walk. Tomorrow it's suppose to be around 80, but I have a lot of cleaning up to do in my man cave studio.
Old 04-13-2024, 05:55 PM   #4495
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentEvil7 View Post
Today the weather here in Chicago is in the mid 70s. I spent the day going out to The Olive Garden with my mom and stepfather and then take a nature walk. Tomorrow it's suppose to be around 80, but I have a lot of cleaning up to do in my man cave studio.
We hardly ever get good weather in this stupid country (not sure what the weather be's like down south I live up at the north part of Ireland). The weather can't make up it's mind what it wants to do. One minute the sun comes out then next it starts pouring down with rain. There was even one day there was hail stones. Don't even get that nice spring air smell anymore either.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote