The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-03-2019, 03:24 PM   #21
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
Hold up, did I miss something? What's this talk about Playmates doing a Classic Collection in 2020?
Second post by Raptor86 here: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...=57481&page=42

There is no word from Playmates about whether the Classic TMNT toys will be reissues of the original Playmates figures or entirely new sculpts based on all versions of the FW cartoon like what NECA Toys is doing.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:28 PM   #22
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Wow, thanks for the info! Playmates must have realized that they were the only figure company not making money on TMNT!
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:39 PM   #23
mikey0
Foot Elite

You’re very welcome.

Of course, Classic TMNT could also be like a MOTU Origins line for TMNT to compete with the TMNT Ultimate line from Super7. The start of the 2020s will be interesting times for original Playmates toy collectors regardless of whether Playmates releases Classic TMNT figures to run up against NECA Toys or the original TMNT characters with more articulation in 5 inch form.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:13 AM   #24
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

They should have released everything that is in the Nickelodeon crossovers. Including Krang's Technodrome and a Kraang Technodrome.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:32 AM   #25
mikey0
Foot Elite

Krang’s Technodrome and Kraang’s Technodrome would look too much like the TMNT 2 Out of the Shadows Technodrome. Playmates in the 2010s has been nothing like Playmates in the late 1980s and 1990s.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #26
FifthTurtles81
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
They should have released everything that is in the Nickelodeon crossovers.
I can't believe there's no Mutant Apocalypse Turtles set. I would LOVE Mad Raph and DonBot figures at the very least.
FifthTurtles81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:27 PM   #27
mikey0
Foot Elite

I’m really surprised that Wyrm wasn’t made for 2k12 Playmates line. There was a nice array of revamped basic wave characters from the early 1990s in the first Nickelodeon TMNT toy line.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:44 AM   #28
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Does ten or less really constitute an array?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:37 PM   #29
originalfire
Mouser

Does anybody have any information about the vintage TMNT stuff being released this year because Rise of the TMNT is being cancelled
Thanks.
originalfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:59 PM   #30
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalfire View Post
Does anybody have any information about the vintage TMNT stuff being released this year because Rise of the TMNT is being cancelled
Thanks.
There hasn’t been any official information from Playmates regarding the future of any TMNT toy line. There is a post in this thread that links to something one worker said about these things, but “official” news hasn’t come. I suspect in a couple of weeks, we’ll know more when Toy Fair hits.
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:11 PM   #31
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalfire View Post
Thanks.
The Playmates Toys customer representative did not specify what they meant by “Classic TMNT” figures, but it seems safe to surmise that the Retro TMNT clothing characters (I.e.- the turtles [black and gold belt buckles on the brown belt], Splinter, April, Casey, Shredder, Foot Soldier, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, and Baxter) could appear in 5 inch form as they are on the most recent merchandise from this century. It’s difficult to tell rather the figures will be reissued or new releases entirely. I believe Playmates will be going toe to toe with NECA Toys once again with the Classic TMNT figures, though.

Last edited by mikey0; 02-08-2020 at 11:45 AM.