The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-25-2020, 04:29 PM   #3181
Sewer Turd
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
I don't, no... we're talking about doing a series of focused one shot reprints. Like "Best of Leo", "Best of Raph" etc, possibly from across the various publishers, but nothing is set in stone.
Interesting.. thanks for the feedback.
Sewer Turd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:05 PM   #3182
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don't, no... we're talking about doing a series of focused one shot reprints. Like "Best of Leo", "Best of Raph" etc, possibly from across the various publishers, but nothing is set in stone.
I may not be the target audience for a ďbest ofĒ kinda book, but I really have enjoyed the current hardcovers putting every issue in reading order. It makes it feel like a definitive edition I want to collect. What you are describing feels more like a sampler of sorts.

I know itís just an idea you are playing with but I thought as someone who wants to support this franchise as much as I can Iíd like to note it doesnít seem like something Iíd be interested in. Just chiming in.

I know you arenít the guy to ask about Trades Bobby but has there been any thought to an ultimate edition style/IDW collection Omnibus for Urban Legends once the run has ended?
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:08 PM   #3183
TommyT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I don't have a particularly interesting answer to this... I still have a handful of Rise episodes to catch up on. Albearto makes me laugh though! 2k12 is all sort of jumbled into one big pile in my mind now. But regardless, they borrowed from a lot of things like we do, so I don't know if there's any major characters that we're missing from there. I'm sure someone could remind me of like ten different characters that i'm forgetting though!
People hate Rise. You should be more focused on the fans, not a sock puppet for the failed series.

Just saying.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:50 PM   #3184
CyberCubed
Overlord

It really would be nice if the Tales trades continued, I think they stopped around issue 25 I think? The series had 70 issues, so more than half of it is still not collected. Considering most of the rest of Mirage is collected now and it's probably still too early to do Vol. 4 without a conclusion, Tales is really all that's left that needs to be collected at this point.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:20 PM   #3185
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
People hate Rise. You should be more focused on the fans, not a sock puppet for the failed series.

Just saying.
You don't get to determine who the fans are, mate.

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 12:00 AM   #3186
TommyT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
You don't get to determine who the fans are, mate.
Lol, You Rise apologists should be ashamed. You’re toxic, and have only helped to sink the brand. The last thing IDW needs is more cement in it’s shoes.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 01:01 AM   #3187
Chet
Thug

Will the new 3 issue conclusion to the Image series be available in both color and black & white? That'd be cool.
Chet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 12:34 PM   #3188
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post

I know you arenít the guy to ask about Trades Bobby but has there been any thought to an ultimate edition style/IDW collection Omnibus for Urban Legends once the run has ended?
I think the two big collections we have planned will be it, but if they sell great maybe we'll have a mega collection.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:20 AM   #3189
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

100% curiosity question, and forgive me if it's already been answered. I seem to remember it wasn't always the plan to make Jennika a TMNT, so I guess I'm curious... how was the name "Jennika" arrived at for her beforehand? Like, what as the inspiration at its genesis?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM   #3190
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
100% curiosity question, and forgive me if it's already been answered. I seem to remember it wasn't always the plan to make Jennika a TMNT, so I guess I'm curious... how was the name "Jennika" arrived at for her beforehand? Like, what as the inspiration at its genesis?
Not a very interesting story! If i'm remembering correctly, with our various red heads and brunettes, Tom thought it would be good to have the new assassin character be blonde, and so he looked up Scandinavian names (I don't remember if it's of Swedish, Finnish or what origin exactly) and saw Jennika and liked the sound of it. So, just a google search, really.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz