The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-20-2020, 09:26 PM   #61
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Everyone at my job is still using Facebook and we range from age 19 to I think we got some folks in their 50s.

I think the main reason people stick with Facebook is because their Messenger is the best way to communicate with co-workers and acquaintances that you need to talk to but don't want to give your phone number to.

As for the gimmick Facebook accounts, I do see the reason. Lots of employers do check social media to make sure you're involved into things that go against their values or if they're talking **** about the company. The 'gimmick name' allows them to be more 'themselves' without the employers or potential employers finding out.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:24 AM   #62
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Nope. Not really. Got off a few months ago. My blood pressure went waaaaay down.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:29 AM   #63
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Nope. Not really. Got off a few months ago. My blood pressure went waaaaay down.
Were you heavily posting politically? I'm just curious. I agree it can be a hotbed of sorts and has been since 2016, though you and I would probably agree for different reasons.

I find there is a bunch of people that post the same rhetoric everyday. Sometimes I'll bite, mostly I won't. Mostly I just respond to basic "day in the life" type posts and ignore the rest. With a lot of input chimes to entertainment type stuff. I'll never make a political post myself. I don't open that door.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:38 AM   #64
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Were you heavily posting politically? I'm just curious. I agree it can be a hotbed of sorts and has been since 2016, though you and I would probably agree for different reasons.

I find there is a bunch of people that post the same rhetoric everyday. Sometimes I'll bite, mostly I won't. Mostly I just respond to basic "day in the life" type posts and ignore the rest. With a lot of input chimes to entertainment type stuff. I'll never make a political post myself. I don't open that door.
Believe it or not, and this is the God's honest truth: no.

But my friends were. Incessantly. And that would just push a button, and I'd lose my marbles. Not to mention, it was all just blurbs designed to enrage. Or those insufferable memes that have some smarmy one-liner. I wasn't even getting good information out of it. Which is why I encourage reading the whole article instead of just the headline.

Also, it became a huge time sink. I'd sit there and fall into scrolling through posts, most of which from people I hadn't spoken to in years. It was a colossal waste of time.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:57 AM   #65
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Believe it or not, and this is the God's honest truth: no.
Interesting. I'll take you at your word.

Quote:
But my friends were. Incessantly. And that would just push a button, and I'd lose my marbles. Not to mention, it was all just blurbs designed to enrage. Or those insufferable memes that have some smarmy one-liner. I wasn't even getting good information out of it. Which is why I encourage reading the whole article instead of just the headline.
I get what you're saying.

Quote:
Also, it became a huge time sink. I'd sit there and fall into scrolling through posts, most of which from people I hadn't spoken to in years. It was a colossal waste of time.
*sigh* That's kind of where I'm at. It's interesting (and it can be SAD or tragic stuff, or happy stuff, or anything), but it's a thing you can get a little bit lost in. And then you pull back and, "Oh, it's been an hour." An hour I could've done this or that, or anything.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:26 AM   #66
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Interesting. I'll take you at your word.

I get what you're saying.

*sigh* That's kind of where I'm at. It's interesting (and it can be SAD or tragic stuff, or happy stuff, or anything), but it's a thing you can get a little bit lost in. And then you pull back and, "Oh, it's been an hour." An hour I could've done this or that, or anything.
If it helps, I used the hosts file on my computer to block the whole site. It only took me a day or two to lose the habit of typing in the URL.

https://www.wikihow.com/Block-a-Website-on-Your-Computer

Here's a guide to do it. Life's been noticeably less stressful since I got off.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:09 AM   #67
Icebot
Foot Elite

I temporarily deactivated my Facebook, planning to come back eventually. I think it will be good for me.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote