The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2018, 07:04 AM   #3901
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 08.56.10.jpg (20.4 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 08.56.22.jpg (15.2 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 08.56.51.jpg (15.7 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 08.57.18.jpg (10.6 KB, 183 views)

Old 03-27-2018, 07:06 AM   #3902
Danetello
Stone Warrior

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I couldn't insert more than 4 per post; nonetheless, I took a bunch of screen caps, which I just shared in multiple posts above.

Old 03-27-2018, 09:43 AM   #3903
Vicky82
Emperor

I know that some people here are complaining about Donnie's head but Soft shell turtles do have a weird shaped head.

Good thing that they didn't add the nostrils to Donnie's design, otherwise Cube would be complaining a lot

Old 03-27-2018, 12:08 PM   #3904
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Don't most turtles have kind of a flat-ish head though?

They should have added the funny nose... If we're gonna go on the crazier side, then the heck with it, just, uh, "go big or go home." (They can bring the stretcher for Cubed.)

I'm sure magic powered Not-So-Leo is dropping something into the villain's pants, since I think I recall the character going up in flame, but as a still frame... I just see him using this magic nonsense to try to conjure something out of his pants instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
There can be representation of women without making a female '5th' turtle ☺ though I suppose a non main character turtle like Spike could be used or instance, if they wanted a female turtle that is. Someone mentioned on twitter that the creator didn't like venus, but I'm not sure if that is true or not.
Exactly, it's not that hard to have some women around, esp in terms of a few non-Turtle female mutants. One of the things I have to take points away from 2012... That for much of it the closest were human girls who still existed as human girls most of the time. The only true non-humans where what, the lizard lady in the photo, and Alopex and Mira, both one time appearances late in the series. (edit: Sorry, Mona, how the heck did I forget you... But lets stick to Earthlings that are around more.)

Even if 'Rise' itself ends up sucking, it would be nice if they'd improve on that a bit with some additional decent female characters. Many versions seem to bring at least something of lasting value to the franchise and that's certainly one area it could contribute if it introduces any new characters worth revising an better openness of having a few more girls around.

Quote:
though I suppose a non main character turtle like Spike could be used or instance, if they wanted a female turtle that is.
For a while I've wished they'd do something like that. A character somewhat like 2012's Spike/Slash, but female. A similarly large turtle, but an older snapper (but now most of that is redundant thanks to Raph), who is possibly a bit more animalistic minded like Leatherhead.

On the other hand... Tang Shen living and becoming Venus herself and being the TMNT's mom would still be kinda fun. Would be kind of adorable.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-27-2018 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:09 PM   #3905
Vegita-San
Emperor

this is like a turtles show described on an acid trip. ugh .

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 03-27-2018, 12:25 PM   #3906
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
this is like a turtles show described on an acid trip. ugh .
Not going to lie that sounds awesome also the more I look at this show the more it looks like Motorcity Lite

Last edited by PApagreg; 03-27-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:30 PM   #3907
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danetello View Post
Sorry for the multiple posts, but I couldn't insert more than 4 per post; nonetheless, I took a bunch of screen caps, which I just shared in multiple posts above.
Wow thanks a lot, I'm loving all these still frames. The more I see of this show's art the more I like it.

The characterization may be too "kiddy" for me to stick with this show but at least it looks good
Old 03-27-2018, 01:09 PM   #3908
Shellington
Foot Soldier

Some cool background art, but the characters look weirdly drawn.
"And we're teenagers." Mikey, the Teenager
Old 03-27-2018, 01:26 PM   #3909
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I'm sure magic powered Not-So-Leo is dropping something into the villain's pants, since I think I recall the character going up in flame, but as a still frame... I just see him using this magic nonsense to try to conjure something out of his pants instead.
I think that object is a shock collar and that meatsweats locked it around Leo's neck earlier in that ep. At least that's the impression I have from the gifs and trailer.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:09 PM   #3910
CyberCubed
Overlord

I really like Leo's design, I think he's going to be the breakout character of this show. 2012 Leo also broke a lot of new boundaries with him being more nerdy and geeky than usual, I like that Leonardo is being more teenage-like in newest incarnations.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:32 PM   #3911
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really like Leo's design, I think he's going to be the breakout character of this show. 2012 Leo also broke a lot of new boundaries with him being more nerdy and geeky than usual, I like that Leonardo is being more teenage-like in newest incarnations.
So just like the 2003 series?
Old 03-27-2018, 02:37 PM   #3912
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'd prefer he stepped back into his 2003 level of maturity...

Don't get me wrong, I love the geeky side 2012 added, but combining that with a 2003 style Leo would be nice. There's a guy who has his responsibilities, but would also now and then spend time on a forum like this; like most to of us.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:40 PM   #3913
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Looking at the trailer, I wonder if this would be the first interpretation where the turtles get equal screen-time?

2012 Leo was okay to me. I liked him in the beginning, but he starting getting on my nerves in season 2 and up.
I thought 2003 was alright as well. I was re-watching the 2003 series a few weeks ago and his constant whining made me lost interest. I didn't like 2k3 Mikey and Raph either. Donnie was tolerable though.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:25 PM   #3914
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

You know, they kinda look Okish with their mouths closed, well, except Donnie, he looks like crap either way...
Old 03-27-2018, 03:47 PM   #3915
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Why do I have a sneaky feeling, that they will use venus in this series. They might find her in the underground city, and it fits there mystic theme. The way PC is (we must represent women)
Don't they already have April representing women, as well as blacks?
Old 03-27-2018, 04:38 PM   #3916
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
I thought 2003 was alright as well. I was re-watching the 2003 series a few weeks ago and his constant whining made me lost interest. I didn't like 2k3 Mikey and Raph either. Donnie was tolerable though.
What constant whining? Unless you're talking about Season 4 which he was purposely written differently for the first half, 2k3 Leo didn't do any more whining than any other version.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:42 PM   #3917
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What constant whining? Unless you're talking about Season 4 which he was purposely written differently for the first half, 2k3 Leo didn't do any more whining than any other version.
I guess because he had more screen-time it stood out to me more. I still found him quite annoying though. But that's pretty much how I feel about every 2k3 turtle except Donnie. I think it was during season 2, the city at war arc when he started to irritate me.

Last edited by Xiewin; 03-27-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:57 PM   #3918
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I know that some people here are complaining about Donnie's head but Soft shell turtles do have a weird shaped head.
He might have a weird head, but his head shape doesn't invoke a softshell which seems like a misstep when the Turtles are unique species of Turtles
Old 03-27-2018, 05:53 PM   #3919
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

After seeing the designs in motion, I found them really nice.
I disliked Raph's and Donnie's designs at first but they actually look good in the show. Though I still find Leo's the best. Mikey is really cute, so it fits him.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:17 PM   #3920
PrincessUtrom
Random Punk

I am a complete fan of environments. <3
I hope we have the right pretty quickly to an artbook.

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters