The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #41
The Sewer Lord
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Whatevs. I love this version of Mikey.
I agree. He's awesome. At least 'till Fat Forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
But, NINJAS.

Yeah, if Shinobi was real today they would have used proper modern weaponry, they did use explosives like grenades.

but ninjas are always in the black karate Gi with masks and go flippy dippy and swings their awesome totally authentic ninjatos and throws star shaped-only shuriken or NINJAS STARS!
The Sewer Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #42
Raphaeline
Foot Soldier

What happens to him in fastforward?

I didn't see that season, everyone is saying it's really bad, so I'm not motivated
Old 08-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #43
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't *hate* him, but damn if he wasn't baked beyond all comprehension. The whole "smoked two joints and drank a gallon of Jolt Cola" act got old after a while.

All Mikeys get a bad rap, though. His character type falls into annoying repetition almost by design, as his most widely-recognized personality was more or less a product of 1980s focus groups on what kids at the time thought were "hip". Any character whose main goal is to provide the slapstick, catchphrases, and "bad on purpose" jokes is going to wear thin sooner rather than later.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #44
DonatelloNinja82
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
You gotta love Mikey.

Bless he/she who made this video.
OMG I love his girly screams...I don't hate 2k3 Mikey. I find him funny as heck. He's just not my favorite Mikey.

DonatelloNinja82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #45
Raphaeline
Foot Soldier

I love his girly screams as well

and when in the opening he dances and says "we shredded Shredder!"
Old 08-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #46
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

2k3 Michelangelo could've been a pretty interesting character if the focus wasn't so heavily on Leo.

Unconvincing Turtle Titan- Mikey wants to step out of the shadows and do some good, or what he feels would actually help and benefit the world. But he knows he won't be socially excepted the way he is so what if he was a symbol? Of course Mikey learns their are plenty of ways to do good and he doesn't need to be notice to for doing so.

Notes from the Underground- Debatable but I count this a Mikey Centric arc. Here is very much highlighted despite his big talk and showboating, Mikey is really insecure and cowardly. He constantly wants to leave and feels this is a terrible idea, He doesn't trust Quarry of the other mutants and actually told the least amount of jokes here. Also there was a brief look at his compassion, when he feels sorry for the guy stuck in the underground city after they imprison him.

What a Croc- The usual egotist Mikey actually has a touch of compassion here, befriending leatherhead and otherwise Monster on the outside but gentle giant on the inside. While the other Turtles appear it's Mikey who is the most heartbroken for their friend when he only wants to go home and be with his family. Being alone can make a person do crazy things and a flash back to Notes of the Underground would have worked wonders for Mike's character development. Afterwards when Leatherhead is thought to have perish he admits he's very thankful he has his brothers in his life, and returns to his upbeat self when he makes fun of Raph at the end. Mikey being lonely or forgotten is subtly touched upon a lot in this series.

The Big Brawl- Where many feel Mikey started to fall (which he did) he also rised here as well. In the battle Nexus throughout Mikey never thought for once he could win the entire tournament. He went against many creatures and just waved them off as the next opponent. But when it came to his own family he suddenly felt out of his league until Master Splinter let him win. Afterwards he was back to his old narcissistic self, especially in the Raph vs Mikey fight where he knew he could press his buttons. Suddenly somewhere in his mind, he got the idea he was untouchable and went around taunting people openly as oppose to earlier where he probably just entered because Splinter let them. This of course makes him a rival "Kluh" who gets infuriated by Mikey's bloated ego. By accidently winning the Tournament Mikey felt he had a trophy he could hang over his bros. head for once which he constantly gloats about many episodes later.

Touch and Go- My favorite Michelangelo centric episode next to "What's Michelangelo good for" Here he has grown increasingly narcissistic and more lazy than ever. Splinter decides to fix this, but is interrupted by a new pair of villains Mr. Touch and Go. Here it emphasizes Mikey's cleverness and natural talent. He is pretty fast on his feet and knows how to get under someone's skin better than anyone. In a sense they played his bad habits as a strength, suddenly being a loud mouth show boater wasn't a bad thing for him. As it allowed him to control the fight makes his opponents careless or sloppy. By the end Splinter realizes he shouldn't try to change him, more he should guide him to focus more on being what makes Mikey himself.

Christmas Aliens- Another episode where Mikey thinks of someone other than himself. This is of course like the Unconvincing Turtle Titan where Mikey wishes he could be apart of society. So he goes out and have fun on Christmas eve, finding a stray cat he names "Klunk" Instead of enjoying the usual festivities with his family he puts a stop to the Purple Dragon's who are stealing toys from an orphanage. Making others happy and smiling is a universal constant for Michelangelo, and when all is said and done. He decides to make the best Christmas ever for the kids at the Orphanage when could've otherwise just stop the robbery and be done with it.

Reality Check- Mikey is sent to another world by Ultimate Drako, finding this world to be amazingly awesome but bizarre for his taste. He quickly loses his upbeat attitude when he see's his father figure is the most renowned villain in this world. This episode is the weaker of the Mikey Centric episodes covering points we already know about the character. He runs his mouth able to manipulate and control what he wants his opponent to do, like when Slither is tricked by his universal counterpart posing as him. A fun episode but this aspect was already covered in "Touch and Go".

Grudge Match- After a whole season of gloating about being the Battle Nexus Champion, Mikey is challenged to a rematch by Kluh who feels he was cheated in the final round. While not touched it is implied that Mikey deep down doesn't think he deserves the Title. He is ready to give it up at anytime, and while he appreciates Leo helping him when he was distraught of the others leaving him hung and dry. Mikey still doesn't care whether he wins or lose. This was just something he could hang over his brothers heads something he was better at than everyone else. If he couldn't get the world to notice him, he at least wanted his family to remember him for something. Mikey does value his family very highly it seems. Only getting serious once he felt his failure would effect them in someway. Shows some form of humility and self pity if he can easily except himself being seen as a failure but loses it when his family was brought into the picture. I find that rather touching and sad from this version of the character.

Seems Mikey is the 2nd most focus on Turtle in 2K3 while I admit he is annoying and I still prefer Movie 1 Mikey the most. I can at least give this version a fair chance. His bad rep is deserve, but as my 2nd favorite Turtle I can find things I like about the guy. 2K12 will probably grow on me come the 2nd season but I currently like him less than 2K3.

Last edited by Technogeek29; 08-13-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #47
Davetello
Banned

After a while he becomes fairly irritating and more bratty. In the 1987 series he's depicted as a jokester, but loveable with it and very charismatic. In the 2k3 show though he seems to have an element of narcissism going on and doesn't seem to understand how his immature comments may affect others.

In his defence, something which may not always be mentioned is that his brothers treat him pretty unfairly earlier in the show. They probably know themselves that it's just brotherly 'banter' but I don't like seeing them smack him on the head or make constant jokes at his expense. Deep down it probably affected him and in later seasons led to him going the other way and becoming the obnoxious, arrogant individual he is sometimes protrayed as. Perhaps it's a defence mechanism of sorts. But by that stage he's much older and should learn to be responsible for his own actions and behaviour.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #48
MogwaiNinja89
Thug

I'm honestly baffled at the hate he receives. Some of the complaints against him are reasonable...but HIGHLY exaggerated. I mean, exaggerated to the point of pure misconception. I don't say this to be confrontational, but I don't see this huge, asshole, egomaniac jerk fans seem to. It's just not there in the way people seem to say it it. And really, he earned to right to brag considering him and Donny are always second fiddle to Leo and Raph. So it's ok for Raph to act like a total ass, but Mikey can't get a little cocky?

What baffles me more is that fact people champion Nick Mikey when I find him to be much, MUCH more irritating. He's borderline mentally handicapped. Oh well

Last edited by MogwaiNinja89; 09-01-2013 at 03:56 PM.
MogwaiNinja89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #49
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

I love Mike in this series. My favorite Episode is turtles in space one, the way he orders the food from the cook, and screams and raises his arms in the side car. Hate him all you want, I thought this was one of the better versions of Mike.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #50
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiNinja89 View Post
I'm honestly baffled at the hate he receives. Some of the complaints against him are reasonable...but HIGHLY exaggerated. I mean, exaggerated to the point of pure misconception. I don't say this to be confrontational, but I don't see this huge, asshole, egomaniac jerk fans seem to. It's just not there in the way people seem to say it it. And really, he earned to right to brag considering him and Donny are always second fiddle to Leo and Raph. So it's ok for Raph to act like a total ass, but Mikey can't get a little cocky?

What baffles me more is that fact people champion Nick Mikey when I find him to be much, MUCH more irritating. He's borderline mentally handicapped. Oh well
i agree. i understand where all these traits are seen but i dont get how they ruin the character for some people. Yeah, he was never serious. Yes, he always tried to be funny and most of the time he wasnt. Yes he bragged a lot. I think people over look that THAT is mikeys character. the joking, somewhat annoying, goofy brother. put that in a more serious take on the turtles (where leo gets PTSD after almost dying, Donnie secludes himself after he feels he lost splinter, raphs attitude is amplified and darkened) and this is the result. its this more serious versions mikey, which i think fits perfectly.

and i really dont get why people got upset about mikeys bragging over the battle nexus champion thing. it would feel unnatural if mikey won it, after beating raph, and didnt try and brag constantly. do they want a mikey thats not mikey?

i do disagree with you on the nick mikey thing. i like him, he a more loving, ADD mikey, again just fitting into this new series. but like you said, people find fault with it.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #51
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It got to the point that none of the other characters wanted to be around him.... and I started to agree with them.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #52
Leo656
The Franchise

Especially because Mikey's winning the Battle Nexus seemed like such a Vince Russo "swerve". "Well, Leo or Raphael would almost certainly win, and *should* win, so of COURSE we'll have Mikey win because it's unexpected!" Which is fine, but when the end result really was just turning Mikey into a braggart, it became just a blatant "Let's screw with the fans' expectations" angle with a mediocre payoff.

As predictable as it would have been, Leo or Raph (Leo) probably should have won.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #53
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Especially because Mikey's winning the Battle Nexus seemed like such a Vince Russo "swerve". "Well, Leo or Raphael would almost certainly win, and *should* win, so of COURSE we'll have Mikey win because it's unexpected!" Which is fine, but when the end result really was just turning Mikey into a braggart, it became just a blatant "Let's screw with the fans' expectations" angle with a mediocre payoff.

As predictable as it would have been, Leo or Raph (Leo) probably should have won.
I wanted Raph to win
Old 09-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #54
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Especially because Mikey's winning the Battle Nexus seemed like such a Vince Russo . "Well, Leo or Raphael would almost certainly win, and *should* win, so of COURSE we'll have Mikey win because it's unexpected!" Which is fine, but when the end result really was just turning Mikey into a braggart, it became just a blatant "Let's screw with the fans' expectations" angle with a mediocre payoff.

Do you mean like Vince Russo pushing King Mable kinda a "swerve"? Or his decision to randomly swap Road Dogg and Billy Gunn around at Wrestlemania 15?

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)

Last edited by TheBlueTurtle1; 09-03-2013 at 11:40 AM.
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #55
Leo656
The Franchise

Why the F*CK do you have to mention that?!

......But yes, exactly like that. (Although I don't know if Russo was booking yet)

Old 09-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #56
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

I wouldn't say I hated 2003 Mikey but his voice started to get annoying and his intelligence began to degrade to Homer Simpson levels.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #57
MogwaiNinja89
Thug

No, that's 2k12 Mikey

And if any actor in 2k3 was forced, it was Raph. His OTT tough guy NY accent was the most artificial for me.
MogwaiNinja89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #58
turtletoons81
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiNinja89 View Post
No, that's 2k12 Mikey

And if any actor in 2k3 was forced, it was Raph. His OTT tough guy NY accent was the most artificial for me.
never had a problem with raph 2k3 voice nor 2k12 mikey mostly because they sounded fine to me also saying mikey in 2k12 is dumb kinda seems true but he does that to get attention and he never cared what he learns in training and follow his own thing like watch kung fu and stuff like that. i mean if mikey was homer simpson level of dumb he couldn't do all those training moveset you see on the show no one that dumb can pull those moves except for mikey (sorry for this whole rant i just needed this off my chest it just bothers me to see alot of bashing on 2k12 mikey as a character on itself) now aside from that 2k3 mikey i liked him from season 1-5 but around 6 and 7 it's where i found him annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCVP1Ls18A
this music is awesome by the man himself jake "virt" kaufman
turtletoons81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #59
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletoons81 View Post
never had a problem with raph 2k3 voice nor 2k12 mikey mostly because they sounded fine to me also saying mikey in 2k12 is dumb kinda seems true but he does that to get attention and he never cared what he learns in training and follow his own thing like watch kung fu and stuff like that. i mean if mikey was homer simpson level of dumb he couldn't do all those training moveset you see on the show no one that dumb can pull those moves except for mikey (sorry for this whole rant i just needed this off my chest it just bothers me to see alot of bashing on 2k12 mikey as a character on itself) now aside from that 2k3 mikey i liked him from season 1-5 but around 6 and 7 it's where i found him annoying.
thats when most of the show started to get annoying

(sorry for bashing FF and BTTS for anyone that likes them, i just could not stand them)
Old 09-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #60
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I don't dislike Fast Forward or BTTS, but I did find his voice AND personality annoying. That started early on though, even when the writing was still really good, he'd say things that were so dumb that all the turtles would give him that "WTF?" look. The 2007 CGI movie and Nick versions of the character are much better.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4kids, michelangelo