The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 03-23-2017, 08:12 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

I wonder how Alaskans feel being so far away from their actual country.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:21 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Every authoritarians wet dream.
Better to have police on every corner than gangsters/mobster/drug dealers on every corner. Granted nowadays police shoot innocent people, but you're probably better off.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:33 PM   #23
Prowler
Emperor

Cyber, do you remember the days when NYC was quite dangerous?
Old 03-23-2017, 08:33 PM   #24
ToTheNines
[sic]

Lol, life is not a comic book Peter.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:11 PM   #25
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Guys keep in mind Cubed does NOT watch the news, and I'm fairly certain he does not read newspapers either. All his info comes from TV shows movies or internet sites. So- yeah, pretty skewed.

Contrary to what he velieves, no everyone in the South does NOT own a gun, nor ro most of us run around shooting each other. Mostly it's hunters and people worried about being robbed who keep guns, and we STILL have to go through hoops to get one even from a place like Target. (Except for rifles and shotguns- those have fewer restrictions and requirements for whatever reason. Probably because they are hard to hide.)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:41 PM   #26
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not that easily. And that's utter bullsh*t.
On this, I agree with you. I bought a gun. Its not easy. Forms, proof of id, background check. Then there was the thugish fellow who was from out of state who wanted to buy one but was turned down because he failed the bg check.

The UK is being attacked because y'all a soft target. Citizens cannot defend against the evil.

The places in the US that have been hit are are liberal gun free zones. Armed citizens, those legally allowed to be armed mind you, should be allowed to carry everywhere.

A tool is just a tool, evil or harm is done by the person weilding it.

As for muslims being blamed, if their "holy book" didn't instruct them to kill the "infidels" (also known as every other person thats not a muslim) everywhere and they weren't behind most of these incidents.... smells like a duck, quacks like a duck and tastes like a duck, guess what? Its duck.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:47 PM   #27
ToTheNines
[sic]

Hmm... Maybe take that sh*t back to Breitbart.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:00 PM   #28
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
New York is considered one of the safest states in the U.S. to live in. There are police at every corner who will arrive within 5 minutes of you calling them.
NY/NYC is a liberal cesspool. Not as dangerous as Chicago/Illinois, but still dangerous.

Y'all would be surprised the number of criminals carrying guns jn places law abiding citizens don't have guns because of stupid laws... like no guns on college campuses... or no guns on school grounds (teachers and admin, and maybe a few 18 year old seniors)...

Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine are in the top of the list for safest states, or NH will be soon enough now that they have Constitutional Carry...

Before anyone says getting a gun is easy, go give it a shot. Pun not intended, but it works.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:04 PM   #29
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Hmm... Maybe take that sh*t back to Breitbart.
You refering to me? Haha

Good guys with guns save lives.

If you thought every person around you was carrying concealed, would you start something?
I carry daily, everywhere I go except the post office. I'm not crazy, but there was a drive by shooting a couple days ago about 5 minutes from where I live. I'm legal, I've gone to the range and I know the law.

If you don't like guns, don't own them. Pretty simple.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:08 PM   #30
ToTheNines
[sic]

I'm 100% pro-Second Amendment (and the rest of The Bill of Rights/Constitution, for that matter). I was referring to your bigoted rant. What are you, like 82 years old or something?
Old 03-23-2017, 10:09 PM   #31
Prowler
Emperor

Isn't this the guy who said Obama was a Muslim who hated Christians and the United States?
Old 03-23-2017, 10:54 PM   #32
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
On this, I agree with you. I bought a gun. Its not easy. Forms, proof of id, background check. Then there was the thugish fellow who was from out of state who wanted to buy one but was turned down because he failed the bg check.

The UK is being attacked because y'all a soft target. Citizens cannot defend against the evil.

The places in the US that have been hit are are liberal gun free zones. Armed citizens, those legally allowed to be armed mind you, should be allowed to carry everywhere.

A tool is just a tool, evil or harm is done by the person weilding it.

As for muslims being blamed, if their "holy book" didn't instruct them to kill the "infidels" (also known as every other person thats not a muslim) everywhere and they weren't behind most of these incidents.... smells like a duck, quacks like a duck and tastes like a duck, guess what? Its duck.
I agree with everything here except for that last part. The Koran does not command its followers to kill unbelievers who are peaceful, only those who are committing acts like terrorism, rape, murder. Have you read the whole book for yourself before accusing it of promoting terrorism?

Many of these terrorists don't even read the book they claim to follow and instead prefer listening to the propaganda of hateful and nationalistic preachers who promise them 72 virgins in a sensual paradise when they die. But according to their own book, the final place for murderers and terrorists is straight to hell no matter what.

They believe they are freeing the oppression of their people back home in the Middle East but they're ignorant to the fact that their book condemns those who kill and use the ends to justify the means, it doesn't. Murder and terrorism are wrong matter what.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 03-23-2017 at 11:15 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:07 PM   #33
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Condolences to the victims and their families, and the United Kingdom. We will stand strong against terrorism and no matter how much they attack us, we will never let them weaken our spirit and our values.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:37 PM   #34
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Unless you were directly affected by it, don't worry everybody, politically correct culture will help us forget about it in 1-3 months just like it did with other terrorist attacks of the past:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rorist_attacks
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:49 PM   #35
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
Unless you were directly affected by it, don't worry everybody, politically correct culture will help us forget about it in 1-3 months just like it did with other terrorist attacks of the past:

Hell no to political correctness. The root of the problem is ideology, not weapons or economic conditions. Unfortunately, we can't change someone elses ideology but the best way is to stand up for our values against terrorism and keep standing for it firmly no matter what. If what these terrorists use to kill others, they call Islam, then I am fully against this form of "Islam", no exceptions, even if its not PC.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:00 AM   #36
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Hell no to political correctness. The root of the problem is ideology, not weapons or economic conditions. Unfortunately, we can't change someone elses ideology but the best way is to stand up for our values against terrorism and keep standing for it firmly no matter what. If what these terrorists use to kill others, they call Islam, then I am fully against this form of "Islam", no exceptions, even if its not PC.
When political correctness denies statistics and facts, then what should society do?
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:04 AM   #37
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
When political correctness denies statistics and facts, then what should society do?
http://i.imgur.com/7OuNrSyh.jpg
stand Up against both political correctness and the ideology of the terrorists.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:20 AM   #38
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Nuff said.

We're not a soft target, we've had decades of practice from other units such as IRA to get used to such methods. The fact that he wasn't using a gun is testament to some of our laws in general. There is also no conclusive evidence that arming citizens makes them safer from such incidents, in fact very few have been ended by civilians, it's nearly always the police or the perpetrator shooting themselves.

Vehicles do appear to be a particularly popular form of "terrorism" currently, should we ban them as well?
Old 03-24-2017, 05:07 AM   #39
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

I suppose I would consider this a US chat forum, so as an update for those that don't don't, one of your own was lost in the attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39370325

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 04:51 PM   #40
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I agree with FW Leo here on the subject of terrorism. These radical Islamists aren't even using the Koran as their source for these things. They are using their own ideology to brainwash others into thinking like they do and all who don't think their way should be killed. You can blame all Muslims all you want to, mrmaczaps, but the fact remains that a majority of Muslims are against what these terrorists are doing and want to fight back against them just as the rest of us do.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote