The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 11-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #1821
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
a HOARDER? seriously? too much TLC watching.
Explains why she keeps 2nd Time Around up as a side thing
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:46 PM   #1822
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Explains why she keeps 2nd Time Around up as a side thing
that was already explained. kept it open as a sweat monument to her dearly departed father.

Now, she's a 'buzzword here' hoarder. keeps her contemporary and brings her into the modern world with an audience more familiar with reality shows about said subjects than the franchise that is trying to attract that type of audience.

ugh. change for the sake of change as it's worse.

Excuse me while plastron and cube get upset at my latest posts. seems to give them a reason to keep coming back, I guess.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:51 PM   #1823
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

So compulsive hoarding is a buzzword for you?
Old 11-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #1824
Sumac
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
It's been my experience that when people slag on Tumblr what they're really slagging on are women/girls. Same thing with Pinterest.

So, while you might not intentionally think you're being misogynistic, you're doing a good job of virtue signally that it's somewhere in your OS.

For instance, you could have slagged on DeviantArt, but...didn't.
https://mooncalfe.deviantart.com/art...Neil-471674360
I slag on Tumblr due "keyboard-progressives and their insanity. Not because of anything else. I know my words will fall on deaf ears, but I don't really care.

I couldn't slag on Deviant Art for 2 reasons:
1. I didn't know about this picture being posted there until your link;
2. We are talking in this thread, so why should I leave comment pertaining to discussion on Technodrome forums on the Devian Art page is a good question.
Probably another puzzle which only create "progressive" minds can understand.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:58 PM   #1825
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Compulsive hoarding is interesting. April is always a blank slate. All she is, is that one regular person that meets the turtles and introduces them to the real world... and then she fades away in the background. They don't know how to give her some sort of personality quirks without turning her into a drawing or half alien girl with psycho power. At least hoarder is giving her something to be other than 'the turtles best friend'.

As for change for the sake of change??

THE TURTLES WERE RAISED BY SPLINTER TO KILL SHREDDER IN COLD BLOOD AND ALL WORE RED HEADBANDS.

All the pizza and cowabunga/booyakasha stuff is change for the sake of change.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #1826
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
So compulsive hoarding is a buzzword for you?
couldn't think of a better term to describe a modern word.

All I could think of was that reality show hoarders. and how people will jump on modern trends...even if it is a real thing outside the reality show.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:02 PM   #1827
Candy Kappa
Passive-Aggressive Snob

So modern word for disorders are just buzzwords to you, ADHD is a buzzword while imbecile is the correct one?
Old 11-19-2017, 02:04 PM   #1828
Sumac
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
THE TURTLES WERE RAISED BY SPLINTER TO KILL SHREDDER IN COLD BLOOD AND ALL WORE RED HEADBANDS.

All the pizza and cowabunga/booyakasha stuff is change for the sake of change.
Not really.
Colored bandannas were introduced so kids could tell turtles apart, which otherwise quite hard. Other stuff from 80-s cartoon was remade to tone down violence.

If we go onto dissection hunt, we might come to conclusion, that a lot of stuff had good reasons to be changed, not just "for the sake of change".

Of course, a lot of stuff was made just to make different incarnations more interesting, which in its own right, is not just change for the sake of change.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:07 PM   #1829
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

sigh.. smh. i know I didn't explain that one very well.....but it was the best word that came to mind at the time.

Suffice to say, it just seems like a way to bring april into modern times by giving her a personality quirk.

Just as bad as giving her psychic powers to make her seem more 'useful' . or turning her into a drawing created by a magic crystal. To me, it's just not needed.

there have to be ways to write her that make her interesting, rather than giving her a gimmick.
although that being said, I DID like giving her ninja training. I think that one worked.

tear that apart however ya want. i've got it coming at me on all sides now.

Last edited by Vegita-San; 11-19-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:21 PM   #1830
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Not really.
Colored bandannas were introduced so kids could tell turtles apart, which otherwise quite hard. Other stuff from 80-s cartoon was remade to tone down violence.

If we go onto dissection hunt, we might come to conclusion, that a lot of stuff had good reasons to be changed, not just "for the sake of change".

Of course, a lot of stuff was made just to make different incarnations more interesting, which in its own right, is not just change for the sake of change.
Change for the sake of toys.
No other reason than that. To pander to both marketers and little boys who like to play with dolls.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:24 PM   #1831
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Omfg this thread has become a dumpster fire
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:30 PM   #1832
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Yeah, it should probably be closed till new info of the 2018 cartoon actually comes out so we have something new to discuss.

Right now it's just Vegita-san hijacking the thread with his anti-feminist crusade.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:42 PM   #1833
Sumac
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Change for the sake of toys.
No other reason than that. To pander to both marketers and little boys who like to play with dolls.
Like all of them, really?
Old 11-19-2017, 02:48 PM   #1834
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I agree... geeze... I left for a week... came back wondering about any breaking news I may have missed and stumbled into this hot mess...

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:57 PM   #1835
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah, it should probably be closed till new info of the 2018 cartoon actually comes out so we have something new to discuss.

Right now it's just Vegita-san hijacking the thread with his anti-feminist crusade.
Yeah, I'm so ****ing tired of his whole "UgH, what's with all these FEMALE characters??" schtick. Or how he thinks that no franchise can be changed or updated unless it's been approved by him.

So Cubed, what do you think the odds are of Shredder being the starting villain in this show? Do you think he'll be around from the jump or get introduced later?

Also I'm really curious about this "mystical land" underneath NYC, it could be a really cool twist on the franchise if done well or it could bomb. I hope it doesn't bomb.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:58 PM   #1836
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
I agree... geeze... I left for a week... came back wondering about any breaking news I may have missed and stumbled into this hot mess...
I think we need separate threads.

those eternally offended can stay in their thread. those who don't mind saying a design is horrible for the character can have their thread and peace can reign.

at least for an hour or so.... 30 minutes? 10? yeah...who am i kidding?
Old 11-19-2017, 02:59 PM   #1837
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:

those eternally offended can stay in their thread. those who don't mind saying a design is horrible for the character can have their thread and peace can reign.

So you're leaving then, right?
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:22 PM   #1838
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
So you're leaving then, right?

Old 11-19-2017, 03:28 PM   #1839
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Quote:

I think it's more funny than anything... everyone is offended by everything and it's just to the point of silly. Personally, nothing much offends me really, but I've found nothing posted in this thread to be all that upsetting in the first place. When did hoarder become such a distasteful word and who cares if April is black or heavy set? I personally liked Sophie's character designs and they are originals from an affiliated artist of TMNT so why all the hate? You can not like it, but calm the eff down is all I'm saying. People are allowed to like and not like things. Ripping words out of context and making honest opinions seem offensive is for snowflakes looking for a reason to argue.

Every genre goes through developmental changes to reflect the current progressive world views... I dunno... I'm not excited about a lot of the changes but it is what it is... but now the discussion is to the point of trying to instigate arguments rather then listen and critique different opinions rather then throw around words like "racist" and "anti feminism".
Just stop...

*shrug* Whatever... I'll wander back when come character designs show up and see if you guys haven't killed each other in the meantime I suppose.

When they announce they are putting a pink bandanna on Raph and making him transgender I'll start putting in my two cents about them destroying my childhood. LOL!

***before someone jumps on that*** I don't have a problem with transgender, it was just an example of actually taking trends too far... My thing is... just don't mess with the four brothers please. I'm still coming to terms that they will have mystical powers.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:51 PM   #1840
Utrommaniac
It only took 30 years

Location: All is strange and vague. Are we dead? Or is this Ohio?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Compulsive hoarding is interesting. April is always a blank slate. All she is, is that one regular person that meets the turtles and introduces them to the real world... and then she fades away in the background. They don't know how to give her some sort of personality quirks without turning her into a drawing or half alien girl with psycho power. At least hoarder is giving her something to be other than 'the turtles best friend'.
That's one thing about that trait that while I didn't think about, is good to point out. It gives her a character flaw, which comes in packaged layers. That flaw likely being OCD and/or anxiety.

I'd take a black plus-sized adult April with OCD over white teenage April with alien DNA anytime, personally. Mostly because it's more interesting, and - at least with the OCD - will allow April her own character growth and introspection alongside the (five) turtles. Especially with how much they admire her in Sophie's take.

Though, I think nothing will put more sets of underwear in a knot than the turtles actually being voiced by actual thirteen - sixteen year old boys. Or at the very least - actors who can actually get to an accurate imitation.

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters