The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2018, 10:04 PM   #41
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant
 
Klunk1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: With the TMNT
Posts: 386
[QUOTE=newfan;1765427]I don't follow Football outside of the World cup but going on the last few I'm pretty sure they have struggled a draw or just about won when playing a team that is considered to be one which should be easier to beat.

I follow Football on international tournaments, for example this one, the World Cup; the Copa America (the oldest football tournament in the world; it celebrated its 100th Anniversary in 2016), the Euro Cup and the Olympic football tournament.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:29 AM   #42
Mayhem
Mad Scientist
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post
Argentina and Brazil were disappointing. I was expecting solid victories against Iceland, a team who is participating in its first World Cup and Switzerland.
Considering Switzerland are ranked sixth in the world, you don't get there by being pushovers. I was expecting Brazil to win, but not by much. Iceland don't give up, and by crowding out Messi, you can neutralise so much of the team, they rely on him too much. Remember, Argentina only just qualified for the tournament, for a long time it looked like Netherlands and Italy, they were going to miss out.
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM   #43
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
This was the first match I saw of Portugal since Euro 2016
Didn't you watch the qualifying games for the 2018 FIFA World Cup?
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction about the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM   #44
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Didn't you watch the qualifying games for the 2018 FIFA World Cup?
No. I don't care for those or friendlies.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM   #45
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,216
Lol Argentina lost to Croatia.

1st goal was a mistake by the Goalkeeper
2nd goal was awesome
3rd goal, the stupid Argentina players just stood there

Argentina are almost out, but it depends on the game tomorrow.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM   #46
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Lol Argentina lost to Croatia.

1st goal was a mistake by the Goalkeeper
2nd goal was awesome
3rd goal, the stupid Argentina players just stood there

Argentina are almost out, but it depends on the game tomorrow.
I hope for Argentina and Croatia.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction about the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM   #47
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant
 
Klunk1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: With the TMNT
Posts: 386
I'm sad and shocked. Sad because Peru lost but France was too strong. But at least Peru wasn't destroyed by France. It was 1-0. Shocked by Argentina loss against Croatia 3-0. Argentina was scared according to the commentators, Leo Messi was covering his face during the national anthem. I feel sorry for him.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #48
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 1,291
Again I missed the 2nd half of Argentina and Croatia, kids story/bedtime falls around half time, course we watched England.
Anyway that's 3 games now with 0-0 at half time and then I miss the goals....

So, (just going on the comments) as I don't keep up with football generally, I thought Croatia once had a reputation as a good team?. Should Argentina have won?

Last edited by newfan; Today at 12:12 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM   #49
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant
 
Klunk1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: With the TMNT
Posts: 386
Argentina was completely lost in their match. Croatia was solid and they deserve all the credit for their victory. Even Diego Maradona was biting his nails to see his country losing so horribly. But at least they were not like Brazil in their own World Cup. Remember that horrendous defeat 7-1 by Germany? That loss is known now as Mineirašo (the š sound like a z in Portuguese). The worst loss by a top team in a major tournament. I remember that I was watching it completely shocked.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM   #50
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post
Argentina was completely lost in their match. Croatia was solid and they deserve all the credit for their victory. Even Diego Maradona was biting his nails to see his country losing so horribly. But at least they were not like Brazil in their own World Cup. Remember that horrendous defeat 7-1 by Germany? That loss is known now as Mineirašo (the š sound like a z in Portuguese). The worst loss by a top team in a major tournament. I remember that I was watching it completely shocked.
Ah I remember that, yes, that was a turn around.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #51
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,612
Croatia and countries from the Balkans in general tend to have very technically gifted players. Plus Croatia has some well known players. Not really surprised they beat Argentina, but 3-0 is indeed a rather heavy result.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:04 AM   #52
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior
 
Splinter the boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 885
Yay, Brazil's gonna make it. The only other team I'm rooting for is Germany. Hopefully they make it through.
__________________
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:45 AM   #53
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Croatia and countries from the Balkans in general tend to have very technically gifted players.
That's why I prefer teams like Croatia, France, Portugal, Serbia and Spain, as well as Central- and South American countries.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction about the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:58 AM   #54
Sumac
Mad Scientist
 
Sumac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,485
Brazil was busting this bus without success for 90 minutes and then, voila!
Good on them.

Poor Neymar, I can imagine pressure he was under after this game.
__________________
Now with 150% more poison!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:06 AM   #55
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,489
Are there any soccer-based TMNT episode or comic? I think we've only seen basketball, ice hockey and maybe also American football and baseball?
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction about the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:31 AM   #56
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant
 
Klunk1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: With the TMNT
Posts: 386
No. TMNT is an American comic. Americans doesn't care about football, the beautiful game. That's why they won't have a comic featuring the most popular sport on the world.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:40 AM   #57
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant
 
Klunk1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: With the TMNT
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Brazil was busting this bus without success for 90 minutes and then, voila!
Good on them.

Poor Neymar, I can imagine pressure he was under after this game.
Yes. Brazil suffered a lot against Costa. But Brazil is Brazil. They needed to pull through it and they did. Poor Costa Rica! Neymar was sobbing at the end of the match. He could been sitting on a wheelchair now, after that scary injury he suffered 4 years ago.

Island controlled Nigeria during the first half, but in the second one, they got lost and they ended up losing the match. Argentina is relieved with this result but they need to win against Nigeria and wait Croatia win against Island to get into the second round.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:48 AM   #58
Prowler
Emperor
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 5,612
Why did Brazilians celebrate their win today as if they won the World Cup? I even heard a bunch of Brazilians singing loudly at a metro station today after the game. OK, I get it, they were happy they put behind their last two games of the 2014 World Cup, which as we all know, were a nightmare for Brazil; but this hysteria is a too much. They were the favourites to beat Costa Rica and no one is surprised they did so.

Oh boy, Belgium vs. Tunisia tomorrow. Last World Cup they faced each other was in 2002 and it was one of the WORST international football games I've ever seen in my life. I woke up at like 9am to watch that garbage. Let's hope they don't repeat that awful game again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:33 PM   #59
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,489
Vacation in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk1234 View Post
No. TMNT is an American comic. Americans doesn't care about football, the beautiful game. That's why they won't have a comic featuring the most popular sport on the world.
It could have been during the "Vacation in Europe" episodes, probably during the visits to Italy or the UK.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction about the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; Today at 12:39 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:35 PM   #60
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant
 
Klunk1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: With the TMNT
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Why did Brazilians celebrate their win today as if they won the World Cup? I even heard a bunch of Brazilians singing loudly at a metro station today after the game. OK, I get it, they were happy they put behind their last two games of the 2014 World Cup, which as we all know, were a nightmare for Brazil; but this hysteria is a too much. They were the favourites to beat Costa Rica and no one is surprised they did so.

Oh boy, Belgium vs. Tunisia tomorrow. Last World Cup they faced each other was in 2002 and it was one of the WORST international football games I've ever seen in my life. I woke up at like 9am to watch that garbage. Let's hope they don't repeat that awful game again.
The Brazilians are very emotional that's why every match is important to them. Besides, Neymar suffered a serious injury 4 years ago. But he recovered. He was afraid of ended up on a wheelchair.

Belgium has a solid start, they will be able to defeat Tunisia. If you hear the Mexicans, they think their team is the best of the world because the team beat Germany, when they won only one match.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.