The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 05-29-2015, 05:00 PM   #8881
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

So did anyone get Splatoon? I want to know how the local multiplayer is.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:54 PM   #8882
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I have not played the n64 wrestling games, because they probably have aged poorly so I never bothered.
Huge mistake. Fix that immediately. They're usually less than $5 each. They play almost exactly like Day of Reckoning, but not as fast. No Mercy is usually considered the best, but WCW/nWo Revenge and WWF WrestleMania 2000 are equally good and play exactly the same, each game just had slightly better graphics and better CAW option as they went along. And No Mercy has some 4-player slowdown that the other games don't have, so some people actually prefer the earlier games. It basically boils down to which game's CAW you prefer. WCW vs nWo World Tour also plays exactly the same, but has the smallest roster and the graphics are super primitive compared to Revenge and onward. If that matters to you. Virtual Pro 64 is basically the exact same game with a roster of over 100 real-life people, from Hulk Hogan to Muhammad Ali, so if you had to choose I'd import Virtual Pro over World Tour, since all the WCW guys are in VP64 anyway. The menus are mostly all in Japanese but it's easy to figure out. That one is a little more, but it's a fun game so it's worth it.

But yeah you should pick those up.

- Just had a killer run on VPW64, doing Champion's Road with Jushin Thunder" Liger. The final match against Dos Caras was insane. He kicked out of the Shooting Star at like 2.9... then it looked like the Running Palm Strike knocked him the hell out, but he just barely got up... then he kicked out of a Brainbuster at the last possible second... then FINALLY, a Running Liger Bomb from one corner to the other was enough to finish him. This game's awesome. Other than Day of Reckoning and 2K14, the other WWE wrestling games never have the real back-and-forth or a good reversal system, one side usually just dominates and whoever hits their finish first wins. I like when it's more of a struggle.

KO strikes are crazy over-powered in this game, though. I KO'ed Andre the Giant with Mike Tyson in 46 seconds, and Andre's a Final Boss in this game. In a couple minutes I'm gonna pop in the second game. There's a lot more to that one, plus an actual CAW system, so I'm sure that'll keep me busy.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 05-29-2015 at 11:55 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:07 AM   #8883
Falconhood
Stone Warrior

I beat the KILN playset, and after you beat it there is a VERY COOL "Survival" game in a NEW door that wasn't in the safe room before....and we played that until 2 AM Last night, it was so fun!
Old 05-30-2015, 08:42 AM   #8884
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Huge mistake. Fix that immediately. They're usually less than $5 each. They play almost exactly like Day of Reckoning, but not as fast. No Mercy is usually considered the best, but WCW/nWo Revenge and WWF WrestleMania 2000 are equally good and play exactly the same, each game just had slightly better graphics and better CAW option as they went along. And No Mercy has some 4-player slowdown that the other games don't have, so some people actually prefer the earlier games. It basically boils down to which game's CAW you prefer. WCW vs nWo World Tour also plays exactly the same, but has the smallest roster and the graphics are super primitive compared to Revenge and onward. If that matters to you. Virtual Pro 64 is basically the exact same game with a roster of over 100 real-life people, from Hulk Hogan to Muhammad Ali, so if you had to choose I'd import Virtual Pro over World Tour, since all the WCW guys are in VP64 anyway. The menus are mostly all in Japanese but it's easy to figure out. That one is a little more, but it's a fun game so it's worth it.

But yeah you should pick those up.

- Just had a killer run on VPW64, doing Champion's Road with Jushin Thunder" Liger. The final match against Dos Caras was insane. He kicked out of the Shooting Star at like 2.9... then it looked like the Running Palm Strike knocked him the hell out, but he just barely got up... then he kicked out of a Brainbuster at the last possible second... then FINALLY, a Running Liger Bomb from one corner to the other was enough to finish him. This game's awesome. Other than Day of Reckoning and 2K14, the other WWE wrestling games never have the real back-and-forth or a good reversal system, one side usually just dominates and whoever hits their finish first wins. I like when it's more of a struggle.

KO strikes are crazy over-powered in this game, though. I KO'ed Andre the Giant with Mike Tyson in 46 seconds, and Andre's a Final Boss in this game. In a couple minutes I'm gonna pop in the second game. There's a lot more to that one, plus an actual CAW system, so I'm sure that'll keep me busy.
Well I'm glad they haven't aged poorly, after all. I had heard before that No Mercy was glitchy as hell, though.

I also need to play the other 3 WWE GC games. Onyl own DoR 2. Always been curious about DoR 1 and its story. I'm guessing WM X8 and XIX also play like the DoR series somewhat?

Have you played Raw 1 and 2 for the Xbox? I've seen some love for Raw 2 online. But WM 21 was universally hated, it seems.

And I get the feeling you're not very fond of the SD! series, at least not in comparison to the N64 and GC games. But surely you consider HCTP a great game, right?

And what was that wrestling game that played like an ordinary traditional fighting game? As in, pressing long combos to perform the moves. WWF Warzone?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:06 PM   #8885
Leo656
The Franchise

XIX is almost exactly the same as DoR, gameplay-wise, but X8 is terrible. You can skip that one.

The SD games are "okay" and I always have fun with them, and HCTP was definitely one of the better ones, but the N64/DoR style just feels more like actual wrestling, to me. The moves have more impact and it's not so spastic and sped-up. The reversal system in the SD series has always been awful compared to the N64/DoR style, also, until 2K14, which actually borrows from the N64 games in some subtle but noticeable ways. They're good games from an entirely different direction, but I prefer the N64/DoR style. Although the SD series has an amazing CAW mode. 2K14 is definitely one of my favorites ever. Haven't played the newest one, wasn't happy with how they gutted everything.

Course I played both Raws, I play all the wrestling games I can find. They were okay, I had fun with 2. WM21 had some good ideas but it was rushed as hell and it shows, and it freezes ALL the time. It shipped completely unfinished.

Warzone and Attitude were kind of groundbreaking at the time, but they've aged terribly. I still mess with them once in a great while but they're really clunky and it's hard to recommend them. The best reason to play them at the time was that they were the first to have things like CAW, Create-An-Arena, etc., but everything "great" about them has since been done a million times better.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:39 PM   #8886
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
XIX is almost exactly the same as DoR, gameplay-wise, but X8 is terrible. You can skip that one.

The SD games are "okay" and I always have fun with them, and HCTP was definitely one of the better ones, but the N64/DoR style just feels more like actual wrestling, to me. The moves have more impact and it's not so spastic and sped-up. The reversal system in the SD series has always been awful compared to the N64/DoR style, also, until 2K14, which actually borrows from the N64 games in some subtle but noticeable ways. They're good games from an entirely different direction, but I prefer the N64/DoR style. Although the SD series has an amazing CAW mode. 2K14 is definitely one of my favorites ever. Haven't played the newest one, wasn't happy with how they gutted everything.

Course I played both Raws, I play all the wrestling games I can find. They were okay, I had fun with 2. WM21 had some good ideas but it was rushed as hell and it shows, and it freezes ALL the time. It shipped completely unfinished.

Warzone and Attitude were kind of groundbreaking at the time, but they've aged terribly. I still mess with them once in a great while but they're really clunky and it's hard to recommend them. The best reason to play them at the time was that they were the first to have things like CAW, Create-An-Arena, etc., but everything "great" about them has since been done a million times better.
I cannot comment on any SD! game past 2007, but no SD! game I've played had a better CAW mode than DOR 2 did. HCTP's CAW mode was good but still not as good as DOR 2's. Also, they removed a lot of stuff from the CAW mode in SD vs. Raw 2007.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #8887
Leo656
The Franchise

2K14's is the best ever. It's not even a contest. Fire Pro is pretty good, too, but not everyone likes 2D wrestling games.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:40 PM   #8888
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Finished off Saints Row 3 and 4, really enjoyed those games.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:19 PM   #8889
Falconhood
Stone Warrior

got some new stuff today to share with the "Latest purchases" thread.
Disney 2.0 Originals discs:
#disneyinfinity new discs for me! by Tsak Knight, on Flickr
#disneyinfinity by Tsak Knight, on Flickr
#disneyinfinity at Walmart $5 by Tsak Knight, on Flickr
#disneyinfinity @ walmart $5 by Tsak Knight, on Flickr
#xbox360 from Wal-Mart clearance $10 by Tsak Knight, on Flickr

#starwars #PSP walmart had a bunch of #PSP games for just $5 by Tsak Knight, on Flickr

Last edited by Falconhood; 06-09-2015 at 07:45 PM.
Falconhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:09 AM   #8890
raph27
Mad Scientist

Falconhood, next time you post what you got, just give a list and put it all in one picture. You took up half the page.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:19 PM   #8891
Falconhood
Stone Warrior

I just bought a pack of DISCS, and these were the two:
Old 06-02-2015, 11:04 PM   #8892
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome View Post
Falconhood, next time you post what you got, just give a list and put it all in one picture. You took up half the page.
Looks like he doesn't listen.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:13 PM   #8893
Powder
So tired of this place

Falchonhood ignores the haters!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:18 AM   #8894
Falconhood
Stone Warrior

Anyone here play Disney Infinity? Which are the best Discs to have?
I found some cheap Skylander stuff...is that game any fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome View Post
Next time you post, you must put a picture in your post. Text-only post are not big enough, and are boring.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:38 AM   #8895
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
I'm trying to figure out why there are SO MANY control-freaks on this forum. "Don't do that! It annoys me!" Stop complaining when someone is sharing with you! Geez, I have never been on a forum where a half dozen jerks think that they own the board.
Why didn't you post this in the thread?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #8896
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

We aren't mad you're sharing, bruh, we're mad that your posts take up so much space. This isn't Tumblr where you can just press the J key to scroll past a super long post, and some people are on mobile which makes your posts even more painful to scroll past.

All you have to do is downsize your pictures some or put all your items in one photo instead of several.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:07 PM   #8897
Falconhood
Stone Warrior

I see, so sharing is bad.
Adios.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #8898
Turo602
The King of Kings

Really? Drama queen.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:26 PM   #8899
Peanut
Second Gear

Let him leave. We don't need his thread clogging picture posts sh*tting up the section.

Dude doesn't even discuss anything. He just posts about whatever crap he bought and ignores everything else.

I played some Splatoon last night and it's awesome. I'd really like to put some more time into it, but my nephew is in love with it and won't let me take it home. I played through the first two worlds of single player, which was a ton of fun.

Started Massive Chalice on X1 (free on GWG) and it seems pretty cool. Firaxis XCOM with bloodlines and stuff. I wish there was an Overwatch equivalent in it.

Last edited by Peanut; 06-03-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:28 PM   #8900
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

I've been focusing on picking up a lot of last gen games I know I want before it gets too hard to find them or they go up in price... My recent pick ups are:
No More Heroes (Wii)
Red Steel 2 (Wii)
Ghostbusters (Wii)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition (Xbox 360)- we've been trying to find this one for a while now...
Just because it was only like $6 and we haven't played through the whole thing yet... Aliens Colonial Marines (Xbox 360) >.< I know, I know, but I have a thing for bad games... It's kind of a problem, lol.
Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (DS) Complete
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass (DS) Complete

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games