The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #81
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingclang View Post
I would love a boxed set like that, so I can finally watch the friggin' series.
you can watch the entire series online for free. A quick google search is your friend.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:58 PM   #82
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Um... Legally?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:56 AM   #83
Gin Rummy
Stone Warrior

I signed it. (But I'm Not looking forward to the flood of Spam that will no doubt fill my inbox.)
Old 08-01-2013, 06:24 AM   #84
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Leave him alone. He'll go away....right?
in the wise words of 2k3 Mikey "the bad guy always comes back. ALWAYS"

so he wont go away
Old 08-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #85
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog View Post
I received the DVDs yesterday but unfortunately I have not had time to really comb through them. I just bought a house which I'm fixing up yada yada..... Anyway I did pop in the first disc to check it out. The menu looks pretty decent and functional.

My only beef is the quality. To me it looks just under DVD quality. Good thing is it's a cartoon so it won't bother me too much but I do wish it was a little better. But for convenience of having it on DVD I'll deal with it. When I get to watch it again I'll try to be more detailed.

But so far by first impression if you're not too picky with the box case or quality, this is a nice route until we get something official.
Yeah, I'm more interested in just seeing it than the quality. I can deal with that later. Thanks for keeping us informed.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #86
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Leave him alone. He'll go away....right?
In the words of the 2012 Mikey:

"Just ignore it. Maybe it'll go away."
- BAM! CLING! -
"Someone's not ignoring it!!!!"
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #87
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
you can watch the entire series online for free. A quick google search is your friend.
I know a bootleg dvd isn't anymore legal than just watching it online, but I feel a little better actually spending money on it. That would be my last option.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #88
Mr.Green
Thug

I've been sharing this petition on other forums hope that's ok.
I really want this show on a box set and I'm doing all I can to make it happen.
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #89
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist

Signed it as well. Although not sure how often Petitions actually do work or such.

And I agree. Thankfully a few years ago I went and purchased the DVD's when they were somewhat cheap, so I got lucky on it. So (again, thankfully) I own all of the episodes (legally) on the actual DVD's that came out (except the last season which they only released overseas).

But I know many of my friends really want to check this series out, and they don't want to resort to downloading them illegally or checking them out on a computer/online/youtube and such.

So I hope that Nick or whoever one day actually does something with this show, and if not give it to Shout Factory or something and let them do a Box Set.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #90
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green View Post
I've been sharing this petition on other forums hope that's ok.
I really want this show on a box set and I'm doing all I can to make it happen.
it seems you have done something. we are now up to 50, i checked yesterday and it said 38.

if other people can now spread the word, we might get somewhere.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #91
Coola Yagami
Overlord

You need something in the millions for it to count. I'd probably buy the first two seasons or so. The 2k3 was ok but I would have preferred it to be closer to mirage. No ch'rell. No matrix guardians. No jumping out of order like they did with the triceratons and zog. A real city at war. I would have loved an animated city at war feature film like dc dies with their original animated movies. That would have rocked.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #92
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
You need something in the millions for it to count. I'd probably buy the first two seasons or so. The 2k3 was ok but I would have preferred it to be closer to mirage. No ch'rell. No matrix guardians. No jumping out of order like they did with the triceratons and zog. A real city at war. I would have loved an animated city at war feature film like dc dies with their original animated movies. That would have rocked.
you'd only buy the first two seasons, what? How could you not want to own the entire series?
Old 08-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #93
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I would have loved an animated city at war feature film like dc dies with their original animated movies. That would have rocked.
Wow, now that is a great idea. I could get behind that kind of movie.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #94
Mr.Green
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
it seems you have done something. we are now up to 50, i checked yesterday and it said 38.

if other people can now spread the word, we might get somewhere.
Well, thanks I guess. I'll keep sharing this.
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #95
CyberCubed
Overlord

For those on the hunt for 4kids DVDs, this guy just listed practically the entire collection, including "Turtles Against Hate," "Ninja Tribunal" and the Season 4 sets:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/bowsers/m.ht...&_trksid=p3686
Old 08-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #96
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
you'd only buy the first two seasons, what? How could you not want to own the entire series?
I don't know. Guess I wish the show maintained its focus and stayed like Mirage. Wish they kept everything in order. I wanted to see Zog help the Turtles fight their way through the Foot stronghold in Return to New York. I wanted to see a REAL City at War. Maybe a cleaned-up adaptation of the robot Baxter volume 2 story. Then once they got most of that out of the way, introduce Bishop, Battle Nexus and all the other original ideas to keep the series going an extra season or two once they used up all the Mirage-inspired stories.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #97
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I don't know. Guess I wish the show maintained its focus and stayed like Mirage. Wish they kept everything in order. I wanted to see Zog help the Turtles fight their way through the Foot stronghold in Return to New York. I wanted to see a REAL City at War. Maybe a cleaned-up adaptation of the robot Baxter volume 2 story. Then once they got most of that out of the way, introduce Bishop, Battle Nexus and all the other original ideas to keep the series going an extra season or two once they used up all the Mirage-inspired stories.
They couldn't, the Mirage timeline wouldn't work in a show like this. We didn't need Zog in RTNY, he worked better in "Rogue in the House."

Also saving the Turtles in Space stuff till Season 2 was a great idea. If the turtles went into space already by like the 7th episode it would have turned people off of the show. Season 1 was relatively realistic until the into of the Utroms in the finale.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #98
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
They couldn't, the Mirage timeline wouldn't work in a show like this. We didn't need Zog in RTNY, he worked better in "Rogue in the House."

Also saving the Turtles in Space stuff till Season 2 was a great idea. If the turtles went into space already by like the 7th episode it would have turned people off of the show. Season 1 was relatively realistic until the into of the Utroms in the finale.
Agree about the Mirage timeline not working the same way for the cartoon, which is why Return To New York and City At War were disappointing. Only halfway through the season, Return To New York hardly carried the weight of its comic book counterpart (which took 2 years for that plot thread to finally pay off). Just like Turtles In Space, I think they could have built up RTNY and CAW better, though the former was certainly better than the latter.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #99
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Agree about the Mirage timeline not working the same way for the cartoon, which is why Return To New York and City At War were disappointing. Only halfway through the season, Return To New York hardly carried the weight of its comic book counterpart (which took 2 years for that plot thread to finally pay off). Just like Turtles In Space, I think they could have built up RTNY and CAW better, though the former was certainly better than the latter.
RTNY was excellent in terms of the show universe. It was obviously not going to be like the Mirage version, but in the show that 3-parter was my favorite of the series for a long time.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #100
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
RTNY was excellent in terms of the show universe. It was obviously not going to be like the Mirage version, but in the show that 3-parter was my favorite of the series for a long time.
Yeah... it was alright.

Tags
4kids, donatello, leonardo, michelangelo, raphael