The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-29-2016, 10:18 AM   #1
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

Pokemon Sun & Moon

Thoughts anyone?

This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

There's literally nothing to be said at this point.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:41 PM   #3
Allio
Foot Elite

Logos look like the symbols of kamen rider kiva and ixa
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:06 PM   #4
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I'm always excited for more pokemon. What do you think the next pair could be?

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:36 PM   #5
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
I'm always excited for more pokemon. What do you think the next pair could be?
Two new types
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #6
chrisdude
Foot Elite

More than anything, I'd like for them to do like black and white, and have all new Pokemon up until the Elite Four. Best Pokemon sequel.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:42 PM   #7
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Two new types
I mean the next games, how will they be named? What kind of obvious pairings have they not used yet, that could fit there? Yin & Yang? Heaven & Hell (yeah right)? Dumb & Dumber?

Through the Golden Door
Old 03-01-2016, 03:43 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I mean the next games, how will they be named? What kind of obvious pairings have they not used yet, that could fit there? Yin & Yang? Heaven & Hell (yeah right)? Dumb & Dumber?
Pokémon Left and Right
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 04:59 AM   #9
Mew
Banned

Pokémon Version A and Pokémon Version B.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:38 PM   #10
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Pokemon Yin and Yang?
Pokemon Dark and Light?
Pokemon Good and Evil?
Pokemon and Digmon? lol kidding here.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:43 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

If this game adds 100 new pokemon we'll be at over 800 pokemon, closer to 850 if you count all the Mega's as new pokemon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:58 PM   #12
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If this game adds 100 new pokemon we'll be at over 800 pokemon, closer to 850 if you count all the Mega's as new pokemon.
It would be kinda cool if the last Pokémon generation was the 7th one, and the pokédex would finish at #1000 or #1001.

I mean, the Pokémon franchise has to end at some point, right? Won't happen as long as the anime has high ratings and the games sell like hot cakes, though.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:02 PM   #13
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
It would be kinda cool if the last Pokémon generation was the 7th one, and the pokédex would finish at #1000 or #1001.

I mean, the Pokémon franchise has to end at some point, right? Won't happen as long as the anime has high ratings and the games sell like hot cakes, though.
Its been 20 years and it does not seem to be slowing down. Mario got his start in the 1980's and he sales like hot cakes lol.

If there is money to be made, they will keep making Pokemon games. I may be dead and in my grave 70 plus years from now, and they will still make pokemon games lol.

I would hate it though. Being dead of old age and missing out.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:05 PM   #14
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Its been 20 years and it does not seem to be slowing down. Mario got his start in the 1980's and he sales like hot cakes lol.

If there is money to be made, they will keep making Pokemon games. I may be dead and in my grave 70 plus years from now, and they will still make pokemon games lol.

I would hate it though. Being dead of old age and missing out.
Yeah, by this point, a world without Pokémon or Mario seems like an unlikely scenario. I'd add Zelda to that as well. It kinda sucks that Mega Man is on life support, and most MM games probably aren't that great. I can't even imagine how sad I'd feel if Mario or Zelda died one day.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:25 PM   #15
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I think from now on we won't be getting as many Pokemon each Gen but we'll be getting "mega evolutions" to make up for it. That way they make "new" pokemon of old favorites keeping people happy and don't bloat up the international Pokedex. I'm sure from time to time we'll see a B/W situation where most of the pokemon are new but they probably want to keep the number of new monsters slow since this is a franchise they want to keep going forever and if not kept in check they'll be in the thousands in another decade, it's not the same telling you to catch 1500 PKMN ten years from now than 2500. I do think from now on we'll be getting a new gen every 3 years.

So I was thinking about how Gold/Silver put emphasis on the Sun-Ho-Oh and Moon-Lugia connection. At least in the title screens. I mean I'm not going to be all anal about it but it seems odd no one has mentioned it anywhere but they keep bringing Solrock/Lunatone.

As for the actual games well I guess we'll have to wait to see how they look but I'm not terribly excited about two gens on 3DS or new gens so frequently, XY still feels new to me and I'm a sucker for third versions where you can see a more polished version of the region and seeing small differences here and there before moving on, whether it was a "sequel" or whatever it would've been nice to revisit Kalos. I was also extremely underwhelmed by B/W, the game looked terrible and pixelated, I still remember the awful reveal and since it came out barely before the 3DS came out people just didn't give it enough attention and I feel like its a "forgotten" gen which sucks because the idea of a generation with only new Pokemon as something awesome and a way to revitalize the franchise and it kind of got wasted here.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:38 PM   #16
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I think from now on we won't be getting as many Pokemon each Gen but we'll be getting "mega evolutions" to make up for it. That way they make "new" pokemon of old favorites keeping people happy and don't bloat up the international Pokedex. I'm sure from time to time we'll see a B/W situation where most of the pokemon are new but they probably want to keep the number of new monsters slow since this is a franchise they want to keep going forever and if not kept in check they'll be in the thousands in another decade, it's not the same telling you to catch 1500 PKMN ten years from now than 2500. I do think from now on we'll be getting a new gen every 3 years.

So I was thinking about how Gold/Silver put emphasis on the Sun-Ho-Oh and Moon-Lugia connection. At least in the title screens. I mean I'm not going to be all anal about it but it seems odd no one has mentioned it anywhere but they keep bringing Solrock/Lunatone.

As for the actual games well I guess we'll have to wait to see how they look but I'm not terribly excited about two gens on 3DS or new gens so frequently, XY still feels new to me and I'm a sucker for third versions where you can see a more polished version of the region and seeing small differences here and there before moving on, whether it was a "sequel" or whatever it would've been nice to revisit Kalos. I was also extremely underwhelmed by B/W, the game looked terrible and pixelated, I still remember the awful reveal and since it came out barely before the 3DS came out people just didn't give it enough attention and I feel like its a "forgotten" gen which sucks because the idea of a generation with only new Pokemon as something awesome and a way to revitalize the franchise and it kind of got wasted here.
I think the main reason gen 6 had so few new pokemon vs the older gens with about 150-200 each was they did have to change about 600 plus models of the older pokemon in 3d form. So they added about only 70 pokemon, but at the same time, they did have to revamp ALL the pokemon from past gens, from the 2d sprites to the 3d models. I think next gen may be about 100 plus new mons. Thats my guess.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:49 PM   #17
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

I wish they had leaked at least one new Pokemon. =/
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:03 AM   #18
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

If I were to buy one Pokemon game, which one should it be? And if I were to buy one of the first three for 3DS virtual console, which one?

Through the Golden Door
Old 03-04-2016, 02:35 AM   #19
ssjup81
Foot Elite

This was put up about a week ago, but here's Gaijin Goomba's theory about the games...and it's not a bad one.

Quote:
If I were to buy one Pokemon game, which one should it be? And if I were to buy one of the first three for 3DS virtual console, which one?
Red/Blue (Green), are practically the same. There are some Pokemon that are exclusive to each version, but that's about it. Toss a coin. lol

If you have nostalgia for the first part of the anime series (Kanto) I'd go with Yellow.

Meh, still wish they would've done a game based on the Orange Islands. Pokemon Yellow/Orange. lol

Last edited by ssjup81; 03-04-2016 at 03:25 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:09 AM   #20
Powder
So tired of this place

Pokemon S&M.

S&M

S&M

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote