The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-21-2017, 07:45 AM   #21
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I was heavily into Biker Mice from Mars. And I watched SWAT Kats, Batman TAS, 90's X-Men and Spider-Man, He-Man, The Mask and that 90's Johnny Quest show.

I loved the Biker Mice toy line, and a friend of mine had so many Mask figures it felt like he had them all, it was amazing. And I was a lot more into the Johnny Quest figures then GI Joe when it came to 3.75" toys, loved the Desert Stealth Hadji figure since he was a ninja and came with a working bow.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 08:46 AM   #22
Wesley
Mad Scientist

DCAU
Gargoyles
Spiderman
Jackie Chan Adventures
X-Men
James Bond Jr
Xyber 9
Extreme Ghostbusters
Cadilliacs and Dinosaurs

Last edited by Wesley; 01-28-2017 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Added three cartoons.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:22 AM   #23
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I was heavily into Biker Mice from Mars. And I watched SWAT Kats, Batman TAS, 90's X-Men and Spider-Man, He-Man, The Mask and that 90's Johnny Quest show.

I loved the Biker Mice toy line, and a friend of mine had so many Mask figures it felt like he had them all, it was amazing. And I was a lot more into the Johnny Quest figures then GI Joe when it came to 3.75" toys, loved the Desert Stealth Hadji figure since he was a ninja and came with a working bow.
Do you recall the October 1994 Silje case in Norway, when Power Rangers was cancelled (at least in Sweden).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #24
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Do you recall the October 1994 Silje case in Norway, when Power Rangers was cancelled (at least in Sweden).
Why the **** would you bring up that tragic case? That's just tasteless.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #25
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Hm, for me, I was into...

Batman TAS
Swat Kats
Mighty Max
Sonic the Hedgehog (darn Power Rangers for killing this show)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Jonny Quest (60s, 80s, and 90s version)
Mummies Alive
Mighty Ducks
She-Ra

These are the only shows that come to mind to me that would actually fall under the category of "action" series...although Jonny Quest may be more Adventure than action.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:19 PM   #26
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Thundercats
He-Man
Voltron
Jonny Quest
Swat Kats
Pirates of Darkwater
Transformers
G. I. Joe
Thundarr The Barbarian
The Real Ghostbusters
M.A.S.K.
X-Men
Spider Man
Batman the animated series
Dungeons and Dragons
Silverhawkes
She-Ra
Sonic the Hedgehog

Last edited by drgon78; 01-21-2017 at 01:25 PM.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:13 AM   #27
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Thundarr The Barbarian
He-Man
C.O.P.S
BraveStar
GI Joe
She_RA
There was a dinosaur cartoon from space, were they had space ship battles, and Earth was caught in the middle lol. Forgot the name of it.
Rambo and Conan cartoons
Batman of course
I also love the 1960s HB cartoon super hero shows like Mighty Mightor and Space Ghost. they rock.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:16 AM   #28
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Dinosaucers, almost forgot about them.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:19 AM   #29
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Dinosaucers, almost forgot about them.
That's it. It didn't last long as cartoons do lol. What less than a season?
But as a kid you don't forget Dinosaurs flying in spaceships .
Old 01-24-2017, 07:17 PM   #30
drgon78
Mad Scientist

It got 65 episodes, that is more then a lot of cartoons have gotten.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:16 AM   #31
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Hm, for me, I was into...

Batman TAS
Swat Kats
Mighty Max
Sonic the Hedgehog (darn Power Rangers for killing this show)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Jonny Quest (60s, 80s, and 90s version)
Mummies Alive
Mighty Ducks
She-Ra

These are the only shows that come to mind to me that would actually fall under the category of "action" series...although Jonny Quest may be more Adventure than action.
I liked Sonic SatAM as well, though I never really considered it to be an action show, as I don't recall any action scenes in it. Only the first season was aired in Ireland on rte two, so I didn't see season two until years later when the show was rerun on the satellite channel Pop. I preferred Adventures, though.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:23 AM   #32
Overlord

I was a big fan of action cartoons.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:08 AM   #33
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I also liked The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest, Biker Mice from Mars, Extreme Dinosaurs and Cowboys of Moo Measa. I don't remember much about them, though.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:19 AM   #34
THGhost
Puppet Master

Batman TAS
Dragon Ball Z
DuckTales
Jackie Chan Adventures
Samurai Jack
Spider-Man TAS
TMNT OT & 2K3
The Powerpuff Girls
X-Men TAS

There's probably more but I can't remember right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
Animaniacs (I bet I would really understand the jokes / humor more as an adult.)
You most certainly will. I highly recommend watching it again now that you're older.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:26 PM   #35
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
It got 65 episodes, that is more then a lot of cartoons have gotten.
Well back in the 80's, most one season cartoons were about 65 episodes, so unless you were really BAD, you at least had a chance to make 65 in a year's time, before they cancel you. hence why I consider it short for its time line.

Now Thundarr is odd, It is consider to run for 2 seasons, but it only had like 20 or so episodes, because they were made from 1981-82. Thus it got 2 seasons lol. Thundarr was pull for how violence it was for a kids cartoon, people were killed lol.

Of course Mighty Mightor, Spaceghost, BirdMan, and Johnny Quest were pull for its violence, and got replace with Scooby Doo. Love Scooby, but the PC killed off the amazing 60 cartoons of the era.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:59 AM   #36
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Of course Mighty Mightor, Spaceghost, BirdMan, and Johnny Quest were pull for its violence, and got replace with Scooby Doo. Love Scooby, but the PC killed off the amazing 60 cartoons of the era.
In the USA? I recall Darkwing Duck being considered too violent in Sweden, and replaced with Gummibears. Then I stopped watching Disneytime since the only things I liked with Disney was their late-1980's and early-1990's action-cartoons.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:53 PM   #37
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
In the USA? I recall Darkwing Duck being considered too violent in Sweden, and replaced with Gummibears. Then I stopped watching Disneytime since the only things I liked with Disney was their late-1980's and early-1990's action-cartoons.
In the USA yes. In the 1960's(I AM not that old, but I do know my American cartoon history) There was Johnny Quest, SpaceGhost, BirdMan, Mighty Mightor, and for there time, they were consider pretty violent. A protester who pass a few years ago made a movement against the cartoons. And she pretty much got them yank, so Scooby Doo and its many spin offs were made to replace the 1960's cartoons.

Look at Mighty Mightor's violent intro, punching people, shooting lazers out of his club. This was cool stuff right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lAG6srT9Mk

Last edited by turtle1237; 01-30-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:18 PM   #38
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
In the USA yes. In the 1960's(I AM not that old, but I do know my American cartoon history) There was Johnny Quest, SpaceGhost, BirdMan, Mighty Mightor, and for there time, they were consider pretty violent. A protester who pass a few years ago made a movement against the cartoons. And she pretty much got them yank, so Scooby Doo and its many spin offs were made to replace the 1960's cartoons.

Look at Mighty Mightor's violent intro, punching people, shooting lazers out of his club. This was cool stuff right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lAG6srT9Mk
Thanks, I did some Internet surfing now. Is this was you mean?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action...27s_Television

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peggy_Charren

The late-1960's and early-70's was during the Vietnam War! Except those protesting, who complained over that being too violent...

Some years ago I wacthed an early-1970's Justice League cartoon episode and saw in the comment field complainings over Batman just throwing his grappling hook catching the antagonist guy, which seemed to have been common during the first seasons instead of fistfights, kicks, knives, pistols and rifles. Now I understand more it was a product of it's time.

What happened with Darkwing Duck was that in mid-October 1994 a 5 years old girl in Norway was accidentaly killed when a group of children were playing. First the Power Rangers were blamed, and TV 3 Sweden stopped showing the Darkwing Duck series. Meanwhile SVT replaced Darkwing Duck with Gummibears.

What was the
Old 01-30-2017, 02:55 PM   #39
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:

The late-1960's and early-70's was during the Vietnam War! Except those protesting, who complained over that being too violent...

Some years ago I wacthed an early-1970's Justice League cartoon episode and saw in the comment field complainings over Batman just throwing his grappling hook catching the antagonist guy, which seemed to have been common during the first seasons instead of fistfights, kicks, knives, pistols and rifles. Now I understand more it was a product of it's time.

What happened with Darkwing Duck was that in mid-October 1994 a 5 years old girl in Norway was accidentaly killed when a group of children were playing. First the Power Rangers were blamed, and TV 3 Sweden stopped showing the Darkwing Duck series. Meanwhile SVT replaced Darkwing Duck with Gummibears.

What was the
Yep. Because of that group, He-man was not allow to punch people.
Thundarr try to return things back to its 1960's mindset, but the group battle Thundarr as well. Look I love Scooby as much as the next person, but I think they went over board in tacking down the 1960's action cartoons. I may be a 1980's kid, but I loved the 1960's action cartoons because well, it had action.

He-man throwing a villain into a hay sack and punching walls is not really action. I do think the 1960's were the best time for action cartoons, no offense to the 80's guys(I am one by the way)
I would just like to watch SpaceGhost over say He-man or 80's GI JOE. Which is why I loved Thundarr, it battle the norm, trying to end the days of Scooby Doo and bring action cartoons back to its roots. I do love me some 80's cartoons, but as "action" cartoons, the 1960's has everything outside of blood lol.

I give mad props to BTAS as well, because it was the start of the end of censorship of action cartoons. Batman after 30 or so years can finally punch the Joker.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #40
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:

What was the
Well the media likes to blame stuff, the 2 kids that shoot up Columbine school in 1999, I believe Doom was blame more for the shooting than the 2 maniacs that killed over 20 or so kids. I played Mortal Kombat as a kid, loved the game, but I never had the urge to kill some one because of the game. I bet if Jessie James and Billy Kid were running wild today vs the old West, they would blame some movie or game. violents has always been around. Just today we have stuff to blame I guess.