The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-26-2016, 08:13 AM   #21
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Looks like "been there/done that" to me. I loved Prometheus and want to know more about the "Engineers" and Shaw's journey.

If David was the one that created the Xenomorphs and not the Engineers I will be highly disappointed.
I just hope we see some living Engineers and not more dead ones.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:25 PM   #22
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Looks like "been there/done that" to me. I loved Prometheus and want to know more about the "Engineers" and Shaw's journey.

If David was the one that created the Xenomorphs and not the Engineers I will be highly disappointed.
There was a quick shot of David wearing one of the cloaks the Engineer wore at the beginning of Prometheus (as well as the many Engineers from the deleted extended opening scene). I'm curious if he's simply ingrained himself with the Engineers or if he's wiped them out. Either way I think it's a safe bet to assume he plays a part in the Xeno creation.

While I too would be disappointed if David was behind it I could get on board with David getting to the Engineer's home planet, meeting "God" and been left wanting, then deciding to become "God" himself.

Last edited by NinjaPug; 12-26-2016 at 12:48 PM.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 01:35 PM   #23
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
There was a quick shot of David wearing one of the cloaks the Engineer wore at the beginning of Prometheus (as well as the many Engineers from the deleted extended opening scene). I'm curious if he's simply ingrained himself with the Engineers or if he's wiped them out. Either way I think it's a safe bet to assume he plays a part in the Xeno creation.

While I too would be disappointed if David was behind it I could get on board with David getting to the Engineer's home planet, meeting "God" and been left wanting, then deciding to become "God" himself.
I also wonder what happened to Elizabeth Shaw in the movie, I have a feeling she's going to die in it, and David is the only survivor.
Old 12-27-2016, 05:50 AM   #24
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I would also be disappointed if they kill Shaw especially if David was the cause directly or indirectly.

I can't see David being the creator of the Xenomorphs since the original movie said the "space jockey" was fossilized.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:18 AM   #25
Powder
So tired of this place

Not sold on this just yet but I'm curious.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:58 AM   #26
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I heard that James Franco is in the movie, I bet he plays some scumbag Weyland Yutani executive.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:30 AM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post

David (or anybody else) won't be creating any Aliens in this. Not for the first time, anyway. We saw in Prometheus that the Engineers already knew about the Aliens and possibly worshiped them. Probably the goo is the result of Engineers studying the Aliens and trying to utilize their DNA, both in weaponized form and to create.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I just hope we see some living Engineers and not more dead ones.
Behind the scenes pics show a group of what appear to be Engineers crawling toward a giant gate, covered in black stuff and possibly burning.

Also, there is reportedly a giant Engineer city in the movie. No trace of it in the trailer, but it's there.

Quote:
I also wonder what happened to Elizabeth Shaw in the movie, I have a feeling she's going to die in it, and David is the only survivor.
Quote:
I would also be disappointed if they kill Shaw especially if David was the cause directly or indirectly.
I think one of two things will happen: 1) She died at some point between Prometheus and Covenant, and the Covenant crew will play back some kind of recordings of her made before her death. 2) She will pop up near the end at a critical moment, and save the day.

We do know that Noomi only spent a couple weeks shooting this.

Quote:
I can't see David being the creator of the Xenomorphs since the original movie said the "space jockey" was fossilized.
He can't be the creator. Though he might be behind the batch that shows up in the film.

Prometheus already gave us enough of an answer on the Alien lead-in (we just don't know the exact goo formula to = traditional Alien race). Basically 2000 years ago the Engineers were about to wipe out Earth with their black goo because we killed their Engineer-Jesus, but a horrible accident on their military springboard world (LV-223) infected the lot of them there. Some Engineers escaped off-world in their Juggernaut ships (i.e., the Juggernaut that is the derelict in Alien, which crashed on nearby LV-426 in the very same Zeta2 Reticuli System), others were killed, and others went into stasis awaiting help (the Engineer on the Juggernaut in Prometheus).

But yeah, the Juggernaut ship in Alien would have been there for 2000 years, as it was escaping the same incident (trying to anyway... clearly the Engineer Navigator was already infected on takeoff) that wiped out that Engineer installation in Prometheus.

Quote:
I heard that James Franco is in the movie, I bet he plays some scumbag Weyland Yutani executive.
Yep yep. I'm betting he's the new Paul Reiser.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 05:39 AM   #28
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Well another possibility for Shaw's fate is she got turned into a monster/non-human lifeform.

I hope we see some living Engineers in this movie.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:13 AM   #29
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Well another possibility for Shaw's fate is she got turned into a monster/non-human lifeform.

I hope we see some living Engineers in this movie.
At the end of Prometheus, She wanted to go to the Engineer's home planet, and find out why they want to wipe out the human race.

So maybe we will see that part of her journey, I have a feeling that she doesn't survive her encounter.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:35 PM   #30
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Old 02-22-2017, 10:23 PM   #31
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Wow, that scene is so reminiscent of the original Alien!
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:22 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Not a terrible scene aside from the stupid "Uh oh, is she gonna chestburst like the guy in Alien??" bit. Cheap scare reliant on nostalgia for Alien.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:02 AM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Also, I understand everything wants to be PC now... but why would you send a gay couple to colonize a planet?
Old 02-28-2017, 07:52 PM   #34
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Old 02-28-2017, 08:08 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is it just me or does this remind anyone else of Terminator Genisys? Basically an almost reboot/remake of the first film that is just done nowhere as good but with modern film making scenes?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:58 PM   #36
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is it just me or does this remind anyone else of Terminator Genisys? Basically an almost reboot/remake of the first film that is just done nowhere as good but with modern film making scenes?
It's just you. This film seems nothing like the original Alien, apart from some basic elements, but that's to be expected considering that they came from the same guy.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:03 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's practically the same story again with just some changes here and there.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:18 AM   #38
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Man, I realllllly want to love this and I hope I do so I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic until I see it. Prometheus was a movie I think I liked less the more I saw it and I don't know if I'll ever get my dream of another slow build sci-fi horror like the original again...but I think there may be enough there for me to enjoy more this time around.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:40 PM   #39
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

LOL, looks like shaite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Also, I understand everything wants to be PC now... but why would you send a gay couple to colonize a planet?
Good point. But surely they have means for artificial insemination. They are probably just all around fine human specimens.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:49 PM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Good point. But surely they have means for artificial insemination.
How does that work with 2 dudes?