The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-26-2017, 09:18 PM   #161
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N9ucf99kjo&t=26s

Check out my review of "When Worlds Collide"!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:54 AM   #162
Prototype
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukouno View Post
Mona and Raph reunite and the scene shifts to Karai who says how she can't believe that Raph has the hots for a Salamandrian. Cue Leo getting a wide eyed look, shifting a bit and elbowing Karai while saying: "I know, he got weird taste, right?" and Leo's smiling at her while saying that.
My response to Karai's expression is best portrayed with these dudes:

Last edited by Prototype; 07-01-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Prototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:40 AM   #163
Powder
So tired of this place

"Sexual undertones"

Stop.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:08 AM   #164
Prototype
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
"Sexual undertones"

Stop.
That's the beauty of subtle sexual innuendos, you don't notice them. It's subliminal humor for us adults.

You will understand in due time.

In the low rent community and colourfull trailer parks that kind of talk ("Just because I like you, it doesn't mean I'll go easy on you." etc) is the equivalent to stupid upper class phrases like "do you have protection" (whatever that is).

Last edited by Prototype; 07-01-2017 at 12:51 PM.
Prototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:22 PM   #165
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

(facepalm)
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:56 PM   #166
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype View Post

In the low rent community and colourfull trailer parks that kind of talk ("Just because I like you, it doesn't mean I'll go easy on you." etc) is the equivalent to stupid upper class phrases like "do you have protection" (whatever that is).
Please be Poe please be Poe please be Poe
Old 07-01-2017, 03:11 PM   #167
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
That's the beauty of subtle sexual innuendos, you don't notice them. It's subliminal humor for us adults.

"Us adults" says the guy who looks for shipping fodder in a kids show & has a disgusting/sexist comment in his sig...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:22 PM   #168
ToTheNines
[sic]

I'm one of the biggest perverts here, and even I didn't see anything dirty there. They were literally fu*king sparring when she said that.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #169
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I'm one of the biggest perverts here, and even I didn't see anything dirty there. They were literally fu*king sparring when she said that.
Yeah...I viewed it at face value and literally. They're friends. She wasn't going to go easy on him or hold back because of that.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:07 PM   #170
Prototype
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
They were literally fu*king

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Yeah...I viewed it at face value and literally. They're friends.
Oh and here I was thinking Leo had some ambiguously amorous feelings for her, at least at some point. How dumb of me, that's of course impossible, for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
She wasn't going to go easy on him or hold back because of that.
Stay abstinent long enough and everything will sound like a metaphor for intercourse.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:14 PM   #171
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:

Oh and here I was thinking Leo had some ambiguously amorous feelings for her, at least at some point. How dumb of me, that's of course impossible, for some reason.

Stay abstinent long enough and everything will sound like a metaphor for intercourse.
1. Congrats on cherrypicking Nines' words.

2. Rewatch Broken Foot. Leo directly said the flirting tricks aren't working anymore.

3. Again, cherrypicking things to prove a point.

4. Stating in your first post to "remain mature," yet you're the one instigating it when we were mostly having a mature discussion on the episode. (Even if I like Regular Show with the image in your first post)
Old 07-01-2017, 06:02 PM   #172
Prototype
Foot Soldier

Geez.. you guys are really not very hard to set off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
2. Rewatch Broken Foot. Leo directly said the flirting tricks aren't working anymore.
Sounds familiar. But hey, what if someone would say something, without really being honest when saying it. You know...like a deception wrapped in words or something.

Quote:
4. Stating in your first post to "remain mature," yet you're the one instigating it when we were mostly having a mature discussion on the episode. (Even if I like Regular Show with the image in your first post)
Man that show.. it grew on me to the point where it became on of my all time favorite cartoons.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:08 AM   #173
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
I was referring to Karai, actually. I just didn't view anything during that sparring scene as "shippy" or "flirty". They are first, and foremost, friends. Friends who both trained in martial arts who were sparring together.
Quote:
I'm in Japan, btw. I know about being "abstinent" but I still didn't view it as a flirty line since they are friends first. "Intercourse" never even popped into mind for me.
Quote:
I thought he said, "this time".
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #174
Faster and Cheaper
Thug

This episode for team Rahzar is later in the production pipeline but Nick moved it up for marketing reasons for future episodes. So my team and team Leo are the beneficiaries of that decision. This episode my team really hit the ground running since we all learned a lot from our first episode. And aside from one set, everything worked out from a technical standpoint. The future would be less kind but I'll tell you guys that story for another day...

Pretty cool to have all these different characters from the different adventures all in one two part episode. I had a lot of fun working with pretty much all of them. My main segments were when Mona and Sal talking in the cockpit and her daydreaming, the Bishop vs Newtralizer one on one fight, the soldiers repelling, and Raf shooting the big gun at newt. Among other stuff.

It's just one big old monster mash episode as Newt is just wrecking stuff in nyc or dimension x. The salamandrians and the EDF, and then Dregg shows up with his bugs. And lightning powers. It was quite the spectacle
Faster and Cheaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:51 PM   #175
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster and Cheaper View Post
This episode for team Rahzar is later in the production pipeline but Nick moved it up for marketing reasons for future episodes. So my team and team Leo are the beneficiaries of that decision. This episode my team really hit the ground running since we all learned a lot from our first episode. And aside from one set, everything worked out from a technical standpoint. The future would be less kind but I'll tell you guys that story for another day...

Pretty cool to have all these different characters from the different adventures all in one two part episode. I had a lot of fun working with pretty much all of them. My main segments were when Mona and Sal talking in the cockpit and her daydreaming, the Bishop vs Newtralizer one on one fight, the soldiers repelling, and Raf shooting the big gun at newt. Among other stuff.

It's just one big old monster mash episode as Newt is just wrecking stuff in nyc or dimension x. The salamandrians and the EDF, and then Dregg shows up with his bugs. And lightning powers. It was quite the spectacle
Nice to hear your input, its always appreciated

I enjoyed this two parter immensely, and I'm beginning to see why Ciro said season 5 was his favourite season of the show.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:45 PM   #176
Poweranimals
Foot Soldier

So I was watching this episode again and it bugged me how when Mikey reappears right in front of the others but no one notices until later. Raph in the next scene. Donny doesn't notice until later on the ship despite him being right there watching as he reappeared. Did that bother anyone else?