The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-05-2017, 12:03 PM   #1021
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetToTheChoppa View Post
Tnx for the info! ��
No problem.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:23 PM   #1022
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

So what's the story on loose leg joints? Mine don't seem nearly as tight as some of the reviews I've seen. It stands on it's own, but the left leg is pretty loose.

Normally I wouldn't give a hoot, but this was a fairly costly figure.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:20 PM   #1023
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

I haven't heard of any problems other than very tight joints. If you have a figure with loose joints, contact NECA customer service for a replacement. Over the years I've had a couple problem figures in their aliens and Predator lines (keep in mind I own about 50 figures). Their CS has been fantastic to deal with and I got replacements no problem.

To answer the previous question, I will absolutely getting all four. Im most excited about Donnie and Leo from this particular line.

Last edited by Lil Karai; 01-05-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Lil Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:50 PM   #1024
inaheap
Mad Scientist

My Donnie's legs spread a little when standing. I think its partly the smooth surface he is on. It is partly that his lower inner body is loose. The joints themselves are tight like they should be.

I had only planned on getting Raph. He is my favorite particularly in this iteration. Then I saw Leo in pics from SDCC. I started to think maybe. Reviews of Donnie did it. I realized I have been waiting since the movie came out for figures like these. I was going to have to get them.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:17 PM   #1025
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Gonna keep my Don in the box awhile. But I noticed his eyes are a bit wonky. Even in the promo pics he looks a bit crosseyed but mine is crosseyed in a non-symmetrical way. Too bad they didn't give us eye articulation...it really looks like they could have. The mask helps hide the wonkiness a bit. Other than that he is looking incredible in there and dat pizza tho...
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:00 PM   #1026
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Finally got the one I was waiting for. Even with letting him warm up I am finding the joints to be stiff. In reality I wont be changing poses more than a few times a year anyway. I cannot wait to built a centerpiece diorama for my entertainment room. This guy will be sitting right under my TV! Good Job NECA and Especially Trevor. Sculpt is just a knock out and Im so glad that his passion project from years ago came to life. Now what to do with his 1/6 scale raph? Hmmm

By the way for those interested. Pizza Boxes available over in the Sale/Trade area

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:15 PM   #1027
Princess Anri
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
Now what to do with his 1/6 scale raph? Hmmmhttp://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...psjy90lrrg.jpg
What is this referring to?

Casey: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy before.
Princess Anri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:18 PM   #1028
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anri View Post
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=41003

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:22 PM   #1029
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anri View Post
SO before they actually got picked up.. Trevor was working on the turtles on his own. He made a VERY short run, like under 20, of Raphael in 1/6 scale. He is posed and not articulated at all. I wound up with one always hoping he would continue them but then years past and ultimately they became official at the 1/4 under the NECA brand.

Here is a painted up version. Mine is still the unpainted green resin.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:28 PM   #1030
Princess Anri
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
SO before they actually got picked up.. Trevor was working on the turtles on his own. He made a VERY short run, like under 20, of Raphael in 1/6 scale.http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps8f912271.jpg
Oh, cool. I had no idea these existed.

I've not really followed figures/statues for a long time.

Then I stumbled upon the NECA Donnie and I have been researching and buying all the awesome figures I've missed.

I've never seen anything about this one, though.

Casey: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy before.
Princess Anri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:54 PM   #1031
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

After a long vacation I finally came back to Donnie waiting for me! This guy is my first 1/4 scale figure and holy hell is he worth it! He's huge!

Every time I walk in the room, I'm amazed at the artistry and likeness of this figure!
Some quick crappy iPhone shots

images hosting
Old 01-08-2017, 10:06 PM   #1032
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Nice posing on that second shot; I haven't been able to get that much personality from the neck articulation, myself.

As for the first shot: that looks like a fun story in the making.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:18 PM   #1033
Lil Karai
Stone Warrior

Thanks! Yeah I'll mess around with the different hands and poses later this week. It's the kind of thing that can consume you for hours!
Old 01-09-2017, 01:05 PM   #1034
Raph
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Kakarot View Post
I received Donnie today from Calendars.com, I was surprised that it got here so fast!

Had to pay €34,85 for the import costs, could have been worse I guess.
Anyway, it's an awesome figure, would be great if Calendars.com got the others too!
Got it today fron BBTS. €33,15 import costs, but man he is gorgeous!!

Last edited by Raph; 01-10-2017 at 01:27 AM.
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:59 PM   #1035
Since 1984
Random Punk

I preordered mine back in May from this place called kirinhobby.com. Worst mistake. Their customer service is non existent, considering it's only available for 4 hours Monday through Friday and every time I call they never answer. Sent emails about my figure and they send an automated email saying that because of the holidays that they're backed up on emails. I finally get an email from them last week at 2 in the morning telling me that my figure is in, so I get excited. Then a couple minutes later they send me another email telling me that they don't have my shipping address! I reply with my shipping address and that stupid automated message again! Who knows when they'll check their email for my address, which they should've had in the first place! I went ahead and just ordered from bbts a couple of weeks ago but who knows when I'll get that. So frustrated.
Since 1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:19 PM   #1036
Nasubionna
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1984 View Post
I preordered mine back in May from this place called kirinhobby.com. Worst mistake. Their customer service is non existent, considering it's only available for 4 hours Monday through Friday and every time I call they never answer. Sent emails about my figure and they send an automated email saying that because of the holidays that they're backed up on emails. I finally get an email from them last week at 2 in the morning telling me that my figure is in, so I get excited. Then a couple minutes later they send me another email telling me that they don't have my shipping address! I reply with my shipping address and that stupid automated message again! Who knows when they'll check their email for my address, which they should've had in the first place! I went ahead and just ordered from bbts a couple of weeks ago but who knows when I'll get that. So frustrated.
Good lord, that's frustrating! Thanks for steering us all clear of that particular retailer. I hope that at least one of your orders arrives soon.
Nasubionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:52 PM   #1037
Since 1984
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasubionna View Post
Good lord, that's frustrating! Thanks for steering us all clear of that particular retailer. I hope that at least one of your orders arrives soon.
Thanks! I hope so too. So anxious to get this figure!
Since 1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:37 AM   #1038
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
Got it today fron BBTS. €33,15 import costs, but man he is gorgeous!!
Good to hear that! Looks like the import costs were about the same for all of us in Europe.
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:55 AM   #1039
Sorso
Random Punk

My Donnie's upper body is very loose, it's always leaning against the front shield. I have contacted Neca CS who suggested me to contact My retailer (BBTS). I don't like the idea to replace it, also because it's a little bit of a problem from Italy. Anyway that is the only issue, the figure is overall perfect, I wish that I could fix it myself
Sorso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:49 AM   #1040
thefont9
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1984 View Post
I am having the exact same problem. I even paid in full. I asked for a refund and got an email saying, "will you confirm that you wish for a refund?" Now I'm also stranded. I ordered one from Entertainment Earth. hoping that they come through.
thefont9 is offline   Reply With Quote